Out-of-town Scoreboard 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
The Marner goal was hilarious too. The entire Kings D forgot how to hockey, and it resulted in the simplest pass and tap in ever. The funny thing was listening to the announcers act like it was some amazing play. Imagine if Cangi and Dano said the Talbot giveaway to Wood was an amazing goal? And that actually did require a good pass and a shot that actually had to beat a goalie.

marner trying to get into the tunnel was really funny tho

i lost it when they replayed it

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don't led Bleed hear that. Although I think on Anderson's "good one year, bad the next" pattern he's due for a good year.
He was good in a couple games, then really abysmal in others.

The one game that he played well on paper, but totally failed the eye test was the opener against the Blackhawks. He allowed 4 goals on 46 shots, but 3 of them were really poor goals against.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Also refs in our back pocket? How many points did we lose due to blatant ref screw jobs last season? 8? 10 maybe? :laugh:

Last year was just absurd. The league had Hall blackballed and he still won the Hart. Remember that goal they took away from him for being offside? I mean, he had a couple, but one wasn't even close. We had a stretch of, like, three games where we had three go ahead, third period goals waived off for very dubious reasons. We easily lost 8 points to that garbage last season.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Last year was just absurd. The league had Hall blackballed and he still won the Hart. Remember that goal they took away from him for being offside? I mean, he had a couple, but one wasn't even close. We had a stretch of, like, three games where we had three go ahead, third period goals waived off for very dubious reasons. We easily lost 8 points to that garbage last season.

It happened in like a stretch of 3 games out of 4.

It was so absurd, and it kept happening.

Reactions: Blender

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
We get Dallas on a back to back? Glad we don't have to face bishop. He always wrecks us

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I swear that when they played Vegas at home, they got away with a blatant trip on Hall that should have been a penalty shot. Granted, that’s equal parts “refs hate us” and “refs called nothing on Vegas last year.”

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I hope we beat the f*** out of this big fat oinker and his robo cop physique of equipment.

He's a disgrace to the position and one of my most unfavorite goalies of all time. He and Mike Smith are two goalies I legitimately hate and have little respect for as athletes. They're nothing more than a billboard for goalie equipment. Two big f***in whales that take up the width of the trapezoid.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for the night.

Wild vs Predators: Rinne allows 2 goals, no chance on either. Stalock allows 3 goals and no chance on any. I was a bit 50/50 on the third goal. Went under his glove and almost got a piece of him, but it was from very close range and on a breakaway.

Kings vs Maple Leafs: First goal on Campbell was really ugly. Clean from the behind the goal line and just banked off of him. I'm doubting I'll find a goal worse than this tonight. Second goal looked like another bad softy too, but it clearly hits Doughty's skate, who is kneeling in the crease. It was probably going wide, but went in after slightly ticking Doughty's skate right in the crease. Campbell allows 4 goals, with one REALLY bad one and no chance on the other 3. I wanna take back my original comment on the Kovalchuk goal on Sparks being a bad one. I was more fooled by Sparks staying in the butterfly after that shot went through, that it looked like he got a huge piece of it. It came off of a one timer and went through Sparks legs while he was sliding. Definitely not a bad goal at all. He allows 1 goal and pretty much no chance on it.

Red Wings vs Canadiens: Howard allowed 5 goals. Mostly bad breaks, that he didn't have a chance on. I'm gonna ding him on the first goal on the Drouin penalty shot though. Didn't close his legs fast enough. No chance on the other 4. Bernier allows 2 goals in relief and no chance on either. This was a blowout where the goalies really had little chance. There's been a few of them this year. It wasn't like the other day where Bernier was as bad as everyone else against Boston. Price allows 3 goals and one of them was a wraparound and I'd count that as stoppable, unless I missed it going off his teammate in the crease.

Stars vs Senators: Bishop allows 3 goals. First goal on Bishop, yeah that's a very stoppable goal on him. No chance on the other 2. Anderson allows 1 goal and I don't think it was really that stoppable of a goal.

The only horrific goal I saw all night was the first goal Kapanen had tonight on Campbell. That may be the worst one we'll see all week.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One interesting thing I've found when doing these reviews, is that I remember saying that an average goalie probably allows a stoppable goal on approximately one out of every 4 goals he allows. Of course this isn't exact, but it seems to be a good ballpark estimate. The really good ones probably allow a stoppable goal on one out of every 5 goals allowed and the bad ones are probably allowing a stoppable goal on around 30% of the goals they allow, with the really bad ones being just a bit worse than that or around 1 out of 3. Every once in so many years, I'll find one that allows a bad goal on about 50% of the goals allowed, like Scott Darling last year. And the horrid save percentage will seem to reflect that.

And in doing these, I feel like approximately 25% of the goals allowed on most nights are stoppable ones. Tonight I think there were 24 goals scored (not including empty nets) on goalies and I counted 4 stoppable ones. Only about 17% tonight, which is pretty low considering there was that huge blowout against Detroit. But I've also always said that bad goaltending doesn't hurt you in the multi goal blowout losses, it hurts you in those games lost by one goal where one or two stoppable goals were the difference.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I am going to repeat myself but I am shocked how well the Sens and Habs have been playing so far.

Sens are such an anomaly. They make a strong run in the playoffs and then fall off the map last year. Then they ship off 2 of their best players and are doing surprisingly well. I feel like offensive defenseman get all the love but after seeing Karl on the Sharks he is definitely overrated (just like most offensive D). I am also curious on how the off ice situations messed with the on ice product.

Habs still have Price, plus a few good D player, and a couple good offensive guys. They are not a bottom dweller, and I can see them as a bubble team.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Bishop, Jake Allen and Mrazek have owned us.

Martin Jones too until Sunday.

Ugh getting dominated by Jake Allen is so annoying. That dude sucks.

Didn't we also get owned by some really garbage goalie like Al Montoya for a few years from like 2013-2015? lol

Reactions: Bleedred

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I am going to repeat myself but I am shocked how well the Sens and Habs have been playing so far.

Sens are such an anomaly. They make a strong run in the playoffs and then fall off the map last year. Then they ship off 2 of their best players and are doing surprisingly well. I feel like offensive defenseman get all the love but after seeing Karl on the Sharks he is definitely overrated (just like most offensive D). I am also curious on how the off ice situations messed with the on ice product.

Habs still have Price, plus a few good D player, and a couple good offensive guys. They are not a bottom dweller, and I can see them as a bubble team.

Habs are very well coached. Julien knows what he's doing

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ugh getting dominated by Jake Allen is so annoying. That dude sucks.

Didn't we also get owned by some really garbage goalie like Al Montoya for a few years from like 2013-2015? lol
We got shutout by Montoya once in 2013, but I don't remember any prolonged struggling against him.

Karri Ramo was one we always lost to and could barely score on between 2014 and 2015. That shithead isn't even in the league anymore and hasn't been for 3 years.

We also used to get dominated by Scott Clemmensen from 2009-2012, until we played him in the playoffs and he murdered the Panthers in that game 6 with two terribly soft goals that were the difference in the game. Getting dominated by Clemmensen was embarrassing.

Jake Allen definitely blows. St. Louis is ruining their contender status by having him.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The Flyers are such a damn gong show every year. It's like a disorganized version of street hockey they play. Everyone just do whatever whenever. Hopefully it works.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rags win another.

Gutsy win by them in the shootout over a very speedy and skilled team in Colorado with loads of talent.

Lundy has been fantastic. He'll be a Vezina candidate this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->