Speculation: Our Next Head Coach II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostofKenKlee

Chere is a clown and Cordell is Clown Jr. Clearly a vast step down the charts, he just sucks. However, Chere actually covers the team and has access, Cordell lives in his basement in Toronto and works for Dwayne....Cordell is just pathetic he covers literally any crap.

GhostofKenKlee

If Hynes signs on as HC of the Devils, no doubt there'll be some trades with the Devils. Ray and John will definitely have a good grasp of the Pen's prospect system and will want to acquire a couple of them. Bennett comes to mind.

Bennett for Gelinas?

Bennett is so overhyped and close to busting. Pass on that one hard....

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Gelinas probably doesn't really hold much value either, ya know.....

Yeah I'm surprised to see how many were hyping his trade value on some main board threads. I think his trade value is quite low, and it's one of the reasons I'd like to keep him around.

GhostofKenKlee

This is one of those quotes you save when fans say otherwise once they acquire him. :laugh:

Why would the Penguins rid of him? They need winger talent in the worst way.

Also Gelinas has shown more promise/potential than Bennett.

Bennett also gets to play along side Malkin and Crosby and his stats and play (I know he was injured) tell me the hype machine is real on him.

Reminds of when Penguins fans insisted on the Devils taking Scuderi for Jagr fun times.:shakehead

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Bennett is so overhyped and close to busting. Pass on that one hard....

Maybe not for Gelinas, but I do think Bennett to New Jersey makes sense. He most definitely isn't a bust, he hasn't had a chance to get it together. His development has been hampered by injuries since his college days, when you watch him play, he clearly has the tools to be a successful player, you can't teach the skill he has. He just needs to stay healthy.

I know the Devils like their USA players, probably even more now because of Shero and Hynes. Shero said he wanted to add more offense, Bennett played well under Hynes.

I can see the fit, just not sure what a good return would be. I would ask for one of the Devils' 2nd round picks as that seems to be the value for players like him (look at Baertschi and Connolly).

If you guys pass, that's fine. This isn't a discussion for Penguins players, I'm just an outsider, checking out this thread for updates on Hynes.

GhostofKenKlee

Again, the Penguins could use him and need scoring wingers. If he's as good as Penguins fans claim or even has that potential on a cheap paper deal why trade him?

GhostofKenKlee

I guess this is the new gentlemens agreement in the NHL, if you hire a coach we owe or fired you owe us a pick?

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Again, the Penguins could use him and need scoring wingers. If he's as good as Penguins fans claim or even has that potential on a cheap paper deal why trade him?

More or less to restart, he hasn't really fit in and hasn't been given a decent chance by either Bylsma or Johnston (I'm surprised about MJ because him and Bennett have history).

The Penguins will likely keep Bennett, he's not expensive and Rutherford said he wants us to develop him, says he'll be a good NHL player one day and he hopes Bennett can figure it out and be one next year.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Chere is a clown and Cordell is Clown Jr. Clearly a vast step down the charts, he just sucks. However, Chere actually covers the team and has access, Cordell lives in his basement in Toronto and works for Dwayne....Cordell is just pathetic he covers literally any crap.

I know its off topic but i dont understand the hate for Cordell. He doesnt report rumors he just talks about whats the rumors are or what he personally thinks. He isnt trying to be in the rumor business.

Anyway, I like the Hynes idea, im not worried about his lack of NHL experience i think its over rated. There are plenty of coaches all over pro sports that have no pro experience and are fine coaches. Im also interested to see who else fills out the staff. But we wont find that out for another few weeks im sure.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
My only problem with hiring Hynes is that the Devils likely aren't going to have a roster that is ready to compete for a few years. The fan base will get impatient and Hynes will be the scapegoat.

GhostofKenKlee

I know its off topic but i dont understand the hate for Cordell. He doesnt report rumors he just talks about whats the rumors are or what he personally thinks. He isnt trying to be in the rumor business.

Anyway, I like the Hynes idea, im not worried about his lack of NHL experience i think its over rated. There are plenty of coaches all over pro sports that have no pro experience and are fine coaches. Im also interested to see who else fills out the staff. But we wont find that out for another few weeks im sure.

Meh, he posts on a platform that is love or hate and he brings ZERO to the table in terms of the Devils.

He tries to pretend and drops sometimes "I put a call to some agents/sources".

His blogs are sterile as anything. When they went on the cup run, you could tell how as a 16 year at the time he really had no buzz to his writing.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site

My problem with Cordell is that he never says anything insightful. He kind of regurgitates what is commonly thought and doesn't really provide anything useful other than a few numbers. On top of that, he has not actual connections to the organization. It's just a blog that you or I could write if we were willing to track numbers.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
My only problem with hiring Hynes is that the Devils likely aren't going to have a roster that is ready to compete for a few years. The fan base will get impatient and Hynes will be the scapegoat.

Hynes was great working with young guys in WBS. Hiring him would mean they think he would be great working with all the youth coming through here the next few years

I dont think Shero or Lou care about what the regular joe schmo fans think.

GhostofKenKlee

My problem with Cordell is that he never says anything insightful. He kind of regurgitates what is commonly thought and doesn't really provide anything useful other than a few numbers. On top of that, he has not actual connections to the organization. It's just a blog that you or I could write if we were willing to track numbers.

Cliffs notes of Devils beat writers, no thanks.

He's just a kid that lives in Toronto that Dwayne told to cover the Devils and BJ's.

The best is one time he was ******** another blogger took his stats and didn't give him enough credit, he owes all of his content to others. So what he sources them, but the perfect example is immediately writing what Friedman and Chere wrote.

GhostofKenKlee

Just because he coached the AHL it isn't indicitive that he will won't click with veterans and or how he will coach. Remember JohnnyMac?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Just because he coached the AHL it isn't indicitive that he will won't click with veterans and or how he will coach. Remember JohnnyMac?

It's more important that he clicks with the kids than the stopgap geezers. I think enough fans understand at this point that this team needs to rebuild and will be mediocre for a few more seasons. JMac came in with an expectation of making the playoffs and I think that pressure and a mediocre roster hurt him. Not saying he wasn't a bad coach because he was. But he wasn't exactly set up for success either as far as expectations and actual roster go.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Meh, he posts on a platform that is love or hate and he brings ZERO to the table in terms of the Devils.

He tries to pretend and drops sometimes "I put a call to some agents/sources".

His blogs are sterile as anything. When they went on the cup run, you could tell how as a 16 year at the time he really had no buzz to his writing.

I really don't get the hate either.

He doesn't try to be anything he's not. He doesn't pretend to be a rumor guy. If he sees something Devils-related, he blogs about it. All he does is try to give Devils fans something to read every day, something that is not easy to do in the off-season.

At least he doesn't go stirring up stuff for hits like another Devils beat writer.

GhostofKenKlee

I really don't get the hate either.

He doesn't try to be anything he's not. He doesn't pretend to be a rumor guy. If he sees something Devils-related, he blogs about it. All he does is try to give Devils fans something to read every day, something that is not easy to do in the off-season.

At least he doesn't go stirring up stuff for hits like another Devils beat writer.

but yet he goes running to and covers that stuff as well.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

The fan base is already impatient but, we can get on board with a rebuild if we see an infusion of young and talented players over the next season or two.

The fanbase is tired of the Old/Slow retreads and has-beens that have been thrown out on to the ice the last few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad