Speculation: Our Next Head Coach II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
I would never not hire someone because somewhere down the line a compensation 3rd round pick MAY turn into something.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
For a team like NJ, i'd just sign some FA's on 1yr deals and trade em' at the deadline. Easiest way to stockpile picks.

Hynes is good btw. Pretty nice record playing with zero grade A forward prospects. Also has a series win over Providence after being down 0-3 under his belt and 2 Conference finals/7 playoff series wins.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
For a team like NJ, i'd just sign some FA's on 1yr deals and trade em' at the deadline. Easiest way to stockpile picks.

Hynes is good btw. Pretty nice record playing with zero grade A forward prospects. Also has a series win over Providence after being down 0-3 under his belt and 2 Conference finals/7 playoff series wins.

I just hope Shero stresses development just as much as results.

I think part of DeBoers undoing and why people started to hate him around here, is he kept trying to win versus player development. It's understandable for a coach to do that, as he's getting paid and getting looked at through his record. I also believe that the coaching staff that was brought in was told to develop and work with the players first and worry about results later.

DeBoer was too focused on results to try to take a risk on giving Larsson or Josefson more ice time.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
it amuses me so many people are so hung up on a third round pick.

Especially when the Devils have 3 next year! I assume the Devils do what Buffalo did and pick the year where they have multiple 3rd rounders, keep your own pick and give the Penguins either Florida or Detroit's pick, that's if Hynes is indeed the guy.

Believe me, it's not a loss to the Devils to bring in a good, young, up and coming coach and losing one 3rd round pick when you have two more in the same year.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Would the 3 be this year or next? Because we only have one third this year and it's kind of a high 3rd. We need every pick possible or has no one been paying attention. When did we become Anaheim, Detroit or Tampa. We are almost bare when it comes to prospects.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Would the 3 be this year or next? Because we only have one third this year and it's kind of a high 3rd. We need every pick possible or has no one been paying attention. When did we become Anaheim, Detroit or Tampa. We are almost bare when it comes to prospects.

It will be next yr or 2017

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

its a 3rd round pick in any of the next 3 years. so naturally, we'd want it next year when we already have 3 (and could get more by trading pending UFAs).

you are being ridiculous. you're acting like we're trading a top 10 pick and that we are so amazing at drafting recently. neither is the case.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If it comes down to Hynes and Pmac, I want Hynes.

In before some joker tries to compare the Paulrus to a more established veteran coach like Laviolette, Vigneault, Maurice, or Hartley.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hire Boucher, I'm sure we don't have to give up a pick to some Europen team.

Guy says he's going back to Switzerland.

I wanted Guy gifs. Guy is going to be mad if we hire the stache mother****er.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Unless Boucher's been hired already and we haven't heard anything, it's too late for him, isn't it? His out clause with Bern closed as of today, according to McKenzie.

EDIT: Apparently it's been said already. My bad. :laugh:

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
They got rid of compensation for UFA players, we got zero for Gomer, Martin, Parise and Clarkson. Those would have been 2nd rounders. And now we have to give compensation for some minor league coach. I know it's a new rule, but why do a feel like the league is sticking it to us once more.....Only in the NHL!

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
They got rid of compensation for UFA players, we got zero for Gomer, Martin, Parise and Clarkson. Those would have been 2nd rounders. And now we have to give compensation for some minor league coach. I know it's a new rule, but why do a feel like the league is sticking it to us once more.....Only in the NHL!

the only problem i have with this statement is that all of those free agent players you listed, were playing for at the time teams that were always in the playoffs and always legit cup contenders. lou always played for the here and now with those teams and didn't worry about the coming free agency of the players, to show for it, we have 5 trips to the stanley cup, 3 championships and many division titles to show for it. so you always have to take the good with the bad when it comes to that.

last year we dumped jagr and zidlicky. and this year we can dump elias potentially depending on the situation.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was hoping we would hear something today...

I'm thinking it's gonna be tomorrow, unless they wanna announce it during the SCF haha.

Or they just aren't really as close to a hiring as reported.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
its a 3rd round pick in any of the next 3 years. so naturally, we'd want it next year when we already have 3

If that's the case just wait until the 3rd year. By then all the talent for a rebuild should already be drafted, and our picks will (hopefully) be in the bottom half of the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->