Speculation: Our Next Head Coach II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougiebrown

Oct 22, 2007
New Jersey
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 24s25 seconds ago
If Hynes and NJ finalize an agreement, NJ will have to provide draft pick compensation to PIT.

dougiebrown

Oct 22, 2007
New Jersey
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 30s31 seconds ago
When a team (say NJ) ask for permission from another club (say PIT), 1st club basically agrees in principle to pay compensation to 2nd club.

dougiebrown

Oct 22, 2007
New Jersey
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 5m5 minutes ago
But specific agreement on which pick (in event 1st team has multiple picks)/which year (over 3 yr term) happens after hiring decision made.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
This will get interesting... Pens didn't ask for comp for Shero and are now getting comp for Hynes. Gut feeling that it'll be a nice pick given that the Pens did them a favor with Shero.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This will get interesting... Pens didn't ask for comp for Shero and are now getting comp for Hynes. Gut feeling that it'll be a nice pick given that the Pens did them a favor with Shero.

I can't imagine it will be anything more than a 3rd. Not asking for something for Shero wasn't a favor, it was just the right thing to do. Just like the Devils didn't ask for anything from SJ. You don't fire someone and then ask for compensation when he gets a job somewhere else. That's ridiculous.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I can't imagine it will be anything more than a 3rd. Not asking for something for Shero wasn't a favor, it was just the right thing to do. Just like the Devils didn't ask for anything from SJ. You don't fire someone and then ask for compensation when he gets a job somewhere else. That's ridiculous.

I don't even want to part with a 2016 3rd rounder that can be used as part of a package to move back into the 2015 1st round.

Let's remember that Hynes has no NHL playing or coaching experience.
A 3rd round pick is not something to carelessly toss away.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County

I believe thats the rule. It can only be one 3rd within the next 3 years.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
We are a franchise that needs a major rebuild.
Having (3) 3rd round picks in 2016 is a good thing.

Only reason Hynes is being considered is because of his ties to Shero in the Pitts organization.

I'm apprehensive to unload one of those picks for a coach who's never been on a NHL bench in any capacity.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
If Hynes signs on as HC of the Devils, no doubt there'll be some trades with the Devils. Ray and John will definitely have a good grasp of the Pen's prospect system and will want to acquire a couple of them. Bennett comes to mind.

Bennett for Gelinas?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Only reason Hynes is being considered is because of his ties to Shero in the Pitts organization.

I'm apprehensive to unload one of those picks for a coach who's never been on a NHL bench in any capacity.

the success rate of a 3rd round pick is minimal. if they think he is the best choice, you give up the pick without question. you dont let a mid round pick sway you one way or the other.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC

I think you're putting too much stock in NHL experience. Look at Jon Cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad