Ottawa Senators - 2018/19 lineup

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Anderson has been consistently inconsistent for almost his entire career. Maybe 37 is finally the age that kicks his on-gain off-again trend, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he was a .915+ guy this year.

Now, if the rumors of him wanting out of Ottawa are true, that’s a bit of a different story. Goalies are headcases as is. I’d be terrified of heading into the season with one that is 100% focused.
If Sportsnet is reporting it, I'll take it as legitimate.
Ottawa Senators goalie Craig Anderson expressed desire to be traded

I can't imagine his training is completely dialed in this summer with all the drama in Ottawa.
I don't think he bounces back...he was a mess last year.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
It's been several years since the majority actually predicted the Sens seasonal outcomes correctly, weather they missed the playoffs or they didn't we're always back and forth one year to the next.
No it hasn't. MANY people looked at the roster and predicted a bad team last year. Prediction threads were FILLED with sens fans talking about a team that went so deep and rationalized that they got better because of their rookies and bobby Ryan will be healthy. There were lots of "that's fine go ahead and underestimate us, we are used to it", last year. And lots of "you'll see!!!!"

Well, we've seen. And we still look at that roster and see complete trash. Just lime we did last year. Worse even.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
If Sportsnet is reporting it, I'll take it as legitimate.
Ottawa Senators goalie Craig Anderson expressed desire to be traded

I can't imagine his training is completely dialed in this summer with all the drama in Ottawa.
I don't think he bounces back...he was a mess last year.

That was back in June. Maybe they got things worked out. But I guess it’s also plausible they just couldn’t find a trade partner.

The situation in net would make me nervous if I was a Sens fan. If Anderson puts up another <.900 year, the Sens are screwed no matter how good Karlsson is. But I just can’t bring myself to bet against Anderson in an even year.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
I'm not trying to be a jerk but that roster is pretty brutal. Is there even a "sure thing" in that bottom 9? Maybe Pageau? Brutal roster.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Duchene = cancer = bad. Well be talking about him not re-signing yet half way through the season then will see him traded for parts at the deadline.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
hfiDjaV.png

Did Bonk say that?

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
No it hasn't. MANY people looked at the roster and predicted a bad team last year. Prediction threads were FILLED with sens fans talking about a team that went so deep and rationalized that they got better because of their rookies and bobby Ryan will be healthy. There were lots of "that's fine go ahead and underestimate us, we are used to it", last year. And lots of "you'll see!!!!"

Well, we've seen. And we still look at that roster and see complete trash. Just lime we did last year. Worse even.
'many people' isn't the majority, show me these prediction threads from last year you're talking about. I'd be shocked if the majority predicted what the Sens went through last year.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Duchene = cancer = bad. Well be talking about him not re-signing yet half way through the season then will see him traded for parts at the deadline.

I don't know where this comes from. From all reports, he is a great leader, great teammate, and great in the community.

If there's one guy I suspect resigns out of him, Karlsson, and Stone, it's Duchene.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
You know how a hockey broadcaster would say: If they're in the basement come the deadline do they look at trading the Duchenes, the Stones, the Karlssons, of the world.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
The most sens thing ever would be for them to have a mid 70s point season, be say 5-7 points back at the deadline and not sell anyone. Karlsson then walks for nothing. That's worse than trading karlsson now, and finishing 30th and giving the Avs a 1 in 4 shot at jack hughes

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
There’s absolutely no depth, one key player gets injured and it’ll feel like losing a line or dpair. They only have 1 proven top 6 C. Defense after EK pair is questionable. Scoring depth is pretty poor. And even the goaltending is mediocre unless Anderson has one of his big seasons.

Honestly, i can’t think of much good about this team other than EK and if Duchene/Stone pair work again that can be nice but it’s not much to keep a team in playoff contention.

I don’t think the Sens we saw in 16-17 and start of 17-18 were that bad and i would’ve given them a chance to bounce back but not this team.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
"If we have three rookies all have spectacular debuts playing tough minutes at or near their realistic upside, and absolutely nothing else goes wrong, we might have a good team."

There's a wide gulf between what's possible and what's probable.
Karlsson recovering from his ankle and being motivated plus Anderson is due for a weirdly good season cuz he sucked last year

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
The most sens thing ever would be for them to have a mid 70s point season, be say 5-7 points back at the deadline and not sell anyone. Karlsson then walks for nothing. That's worse than trading karlsson now, and finishing 30th and giving the Avs a 1 in 4 shot at jack hughes
Is it the worst thing ? The picks gone if they are gonna lose ek stone and Dushene they may as well maximize their return even if Colorado has their first

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Wow that lineup is scary bad. I can't count the number of times I've read that with the talent they have right now they should be a playoff team, but it's just the ownership/management/coaching that's screwing everything up right now. Sure, those elements aren't helping their cause by any means, but I don't know how anyone can look at that roster on paper and think that team isn't awful. It's lacking talent in every position.

You can argue they have exactly 2 top 6 forwards. When Karlsson leaves they've got what, 1 or 2 2nd pairing d-men left? If you listen to the majority of the fanbase though Ceci should be on the bottom pairing so that just leaves Chabot. To top it all off they've got statistically the worst starting goalie in the league. I hope they surprise some people this year because this fanbase needs a break right now and this roster would not have me scrambling to the tv to watch. It'd be different if they were stocked fulled of young blue chips prospects to give the fanbase hope this will be over soon, but that's far from the case.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Even if they did get new ownership, it will take a few years to get that team contending again. Would take true loyalty or a lot of money to stick around for that. Probably both. Which true loyalty has been hard to ask for in that organization and they havent wanted to spend a lot of money. They should just go full on rebuild.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Next year's lineup:

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-Ryan
Bodeker-Pageau-Gaborik
Paajarvi-Smith-White

Pyatt-Chlapik-Carey

Possible F's: Formenton, Luchuk, McCormick

Chabot-Karlsson
Wolanin-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman
Harpur-Jaros

Anderson
Condon

This lineup... Is not bad! Could definately make some noise if the rookies click together. Prove me wrong?

As a rationally thinking sens fan I would be absolutely shocked if this is the lineup. If it is its a huge mistake in player development. So maybe I shouldnt be surprised, this group of incompetent fools probably will rush all the prospects and hinder their development.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The worst part about Vegas's success is that fans of garbage teams are now getting their hopes up that they could be the next Cinderella. Shameful.

Yeah what a bunch of idiots people are for cheering and hoping for their team to improve. Especially when it happens constantly. Especially a team that was recently good, morons!

Reactions: OUTHOUSE

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sure it does, he was absolutely immense for them. In the series, you guys like to hang your hat on he had a save percentage of over 95% not counting the stinker in game 5 you weren't winning anyway since you didn't score a goal.

That whole team rallied behind the story behind his wife and they play well over their heads, but comparing that roster with this one, even though the 16/17 one wasn't all that great still favors them greatly.

Karlsson always takes tough matchups, go rip on a team you understand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad