Ottawa Senators - 2018/19 lineup

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Kuba was bad, that’s why the Sens let him walk as a UFA. He was playing with Karlsson, which is how he got his points , but he was brutal. Every Sens fan would tell you that.

Karlsson racked up the points in 2011-12, but he controls the game a lot better now. Well, that is assuming he is telling the truth when he says his ankle is back to what it was now. He was excellent, now he is generational.

Phillips wasn’t as bad as his late years, but definitely on the come down.

No, Kuba wasn’t bad. You’re wrong. Guy was brutal the year before and bounced back with a much better year. It’s not all about points either. Went from a minus 26 to a plus 26 in one year. He was very solid and a good partner for Karlsson. Just because he left as a free agent doesn’t mean they didn’t try to sign him either.

Either way, the blueline was much better that year than right now. Way better. Not to mention Karlsson might not even be here.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If everything goes well for the Sens they'll likely be a bubble playoff team that just misses. Because they have no chance at beating out Toronto, Tampa, or Boston for one of the 3 division seeds and then I dont see them beating out the others for a wildcard spot.

And that's if everything goes right. They are coming into next season with almost the exact same roster as last year, minus one Top 6 forward, and with the addition of a few potential wild card rookies.

They need the rookies to all perform well above expectations, and for Craig Anderson to have a huge bounce back year, on top of everyone else bouncing back, just to get out of the absolute basement of the league.

Craig Anderson is probably the biggest concern IMO. As an Avs fan we saw first hand what happens when he's unhappy with how things are going and when he wants out of a team. He completely gives up attempting to play and it does not look good on the ice at all. If he does want out and the Sens aren't moving him he is not going to be better this year at all.

My overall guess is the Sens improve on last year but not a lot. Ending up at about 75 points and well outside the playoff picture.

Reactions: Sensators

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
....I remember when I used to do this will leaf lineups. If everything goes right, and everyone has surprisingly great years, and our youth exceeds their highest potential... we could be ok!

Did that for 10 years... in hindsight I wish I would’ve taken a 10 year hiatus from hockey and did something more valuable with my time then watch those horrific teams.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
That's an awful group. That second line relies on two rookies and Bobby freaking Ryan. That defence is abysmal.

They might overachieve for a season, but it'll take at least 2 years imo before the Sens can make major strides.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
....I remember when I used to do this will leaf lineups. If everything goes right, and everyone has surprisingly great years, and our youth exceeds their highest potential... we could be ok!

Did that for 10 years... in hindsight I wish I would’ve taken a 10 year hiatus from hockey and did something more valuable with my time then watch those horrific teams.

Yeah, it’s just something fans of bad teams do. If this guys score 50 points, and this guy scores 45 and if and if and if and if.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
On defense, you have Karlsson and a bunch of garbage .. literally nothing better than 4/5/6 guys.

In net it's even worse...
Anderson is terrible. Terrible .

You can score, but you'll give up a ridiculous amount of goals. Especially having Toronto, Tampa and Boston in the division

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
It's been several years since the majority actually predicted the Sens seasonal outcomes correctly, weather they missed the playoffs or they didn't we're always back and forth one year to the next.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Not a bad lineup actually if Karlsson stays. Could see them pushing POTENTIALLY for a WC playoff spot but probably not. Not Canucks bad at all is my prediction

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Next year's lineup:

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-Ryan
Bodeker-Pageau-Gaborik
Paajarvi-Smith-White

Pyatt-Chlapik-Carey

Possible F's: Formenton, Luchuk, McCormick

Chabot-Karlsson
Wolanin-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman
Harpur-Jaros

Anderson
Condon

This lineup... Is not bad! Could definately make some noise if the rookies click together. Prove me wrong?

If there are no injuries and Anderson plays decent, the team could definitely screw Colorado's odds of getting the 1st overall. Division is just too tough to expect the team to really make a run. I would love the Sens to prove me wrong.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Do not fret guys, Pierre Dorion has said this team would be vastly improved. I cannot comprehend how one would doubt him as he has a proven track record.

With major additions like Paul Carey, Mike Mckenna and Adam Tambellini, the sky is the limit for this group.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I don't think they'll be as bad as everyone thinks if they don't go into full sell mode(which they probably should).

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
They alternative years of being trash and then making playoffs next year and repeat so...

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Any team with Karlsson is a dark horse.

Do people not realize that he just carried a shitty sens team to one goal of the finals?

Karlsson playing like his godly self is 30 minutes of the game slanted in your favour.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
That lineup has a realistic ceiling of 5th in the Atlantic. It’s more likely they struggle to break 75 points then push for a playoff spot.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Next year's lineup:

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-Ryan
Bodeker-Pageau-Gaborik
Paajarvi-Smith-White

Pyatt-Chlapik-Carey

Chabot-Karlsson
Wolanin-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman
Harpur-Jaros

Anderson
Condon

This lineup... Is not bad! Could definately make some noise if the rookies click together. Prove me wrong?
Brown will likely be in the ahl,and Tkachuk is also likely there as well...Gaborik is LTIRED and Chalpik and Macormick along with Paul will likely be the other kids to go along with White on the big club..Also EK and Chabot dont play together and likely will only see time on the PP together...

Last edited:

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
The lineup is a disaster to start and when you throw in a few injuries, which is perfectly normal, it is far worse. If this team can get 75 points it will be a huge success. My guess is 60-65 points and bottom 3 in the league.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Next year's lineup:

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone
Tkachuk-Brown-Ryan
Bodeker-Pageau-Gaborik
Paajarvi-Smith-White

Pyatt-Chlapik-Carey

Chabot-Karlsson
Wolanin-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman
Harpur-Jaros

Anderson
Condon

I'm just gonna quote your own post to prove you wrong.

Reactions: Beezeral

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Ottawa is going up against Toronto, Tampa and Boston in your own division. Not to mention Buffalo, Florida and Detroit being much better than the Sens. It's a race to the bottom for Montreal and Ottawa, and the Habs have Price...

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->