Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Very impressed with Gareffa so far, fitting seemlessly with Rossi and Keats. That line could have had about 5 goals by now but 1-0 Hamilton.

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
This is Tolnai's chance to show something .
I doubt he will but it won't get any better then the 2nd line for him.
They always say when the opportunity arrives you have to be ready, well see if he is worth keeping or not

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Rossi is averaging 2.5 pts per game this season, 15 points in 6 games if he had'nt been suspended and kept the same avarage he would be OHL leading scorer. IF a small word but big meaning.

Reactions: BarberPole9

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
Awesome acquisition
I'm sure if they get Thomas and at least 1 more third line center well be fine
Keating rossi Garreffa
Quinn Thomas Hoelsher
Robinson New center Clarke
YUle Crete Beck.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Is it me or the trade market is coming down to more reasonable levels? Garrefa, Peric, Bitten, constantinou, Paquette have all gone for less than a few years ago...see Robertson, Stratis etc. Even last year Suzuki/Durzi, Chiodo and even Dipietro. Yes a few outliers like Robinson and Studnicka (Hunt fleeced Nia). Anyway I think the market is reverting to the mean. OMG as our resident value expert, thoughts? By the way did not include Maggio in this discussion as obviously paart of the DP deal.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
Awesome acquisition
I'm sure if they get Thomas and at least 1 more third line center well be fine
Keating rossi Garreffa
Quinn Thomas Hoelsher
Robinson New center Clarke
YUle Crete Beck.
I noticed you’re missing our first overall pick from 2018. Not holding out any hope that he’ll turn things around?

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
My concern isn’t so much the lack of offensive production from the young guns, but their lack of defensive prowess. It’s one thing to not score goals, it’s another to turn the puck over repeatedly leading to odd-man rushes and breakaways.

Yes, we need to add more goals. At the same time, we also need to focus on reducing our team GAA to under 3. It’s nice to see the chemistry between Rossi, Garrefa, and Keating develop; just need to get the other three lines to score occasionally and, if they can’t manage that, at least help keep the puck out of our net.

Reactions: OMG67

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
Garreffa, Keating, and Rossi had some real chemistry today. It seems we need that kind of line, 2 overage and Rossi. The 67s have played a very nonchalant game at times and they get caught flatfooted by teams that skate hard on the puck. On Friday, they had more than enough possession and shots to win, but the Petes just weathered the storm and made lousy chances count. Today, two bad goals by Cranley and a brutal giveaway by Okhotyuk made the game closer than it should have been. Good shots by the Hamilton players, but Cranley is a big guy and he is down way too quick. Matier took a kneebreaker check and left in the second period. I guess Hoefenmayer ran the numbers with Garreffa in town and it looks like it is either he or Wilson. Should be an interesting decision.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I heard around the rink that Wilson is the odd man out. The only way they would trade Hoef if they could get a much better return.

The goaltending so far this season is not nearly good enough. Cranley with his size should stand tall and not be getting beat over the shoulder like he did yesterday. I also don't believe that Andree has looked all that great except for the game in London. He is not making the timely saves when the team needs a lift. When Dipietro got injured against Guelph in last year's playoffs he finished the game really strong and after that his play has been subpar. I don't care if he has the 5th best GAA in the league the big saves are just not there.

The defense should be doing a much better job in our end with all of the experience everyone is talking about. Lots of time opposing forwards in the clear with nobody even close.

I believe that we need an Akil Thomas type player, the defense has to tighten up and the goaltending really needs to stabilize.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Is it me or the trade market is coming down to more reasonable levels? Garrefa, Peric, Bitten, constantinou, Paquette have all gone for less than a few years ago...see Robertson, Stratis etc. Even last year Suzuki/Durzi, Chiodo and even Dipietro. Yes a few outliers like Robinson and Studnicka (Hunt fleeced Nia). Anyway I think the market is reverting to the mean. OMG as our resident value expert, thoughts? By the way did not include Maggio in this discussion as obviously paart of the DP deal.

I see what you're saying but I think that in Gareffa's situation it may have been a "trade me to Ottawa or I will go play in Europe" situation as he had previously declared his intention to play pro. Great that Ottawa is that team in demand and that we can make such a good deal value wise.

Kenny Walls announced yesterday on the broadcast that the 67's will let him pick his preferred destination and not focus as much on the return coming back for him, so we will be hit by the inverse of the Gareffa acquisition. As a fan of the team, I am fine with this as Hudson Wilson more than paid his dues for this team and should be allowed to go where he and his agent see the best opportunity.

Don't forget that we paid 2 x 2nds and a 3rd for Dylan Robinson, 2 x 2nd's and Austin Swankler for Maksimovich and in the Dipietro deal, it ended up being 3 x 2nds + Egor Afanasyev (nearly a 1st round NHL pick).

The key seems to be finding players that teams need to move and selling your own players when you have lots of buyers.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
In looking at the team's draft pick situation after the Gareffa deal, the 67'still have six 2nd rounders, four 3rd rounders and nine 4th rounders available between now and 2024 (which I believe is the furthest draft that teams can trade after the rule changes took effect).

Assuming that the team is going close to all in, they should be able to acquire a 19 year old star forward (Akil Thomas/Serron Noel type) for a good young player and 3 x 2nd's and then acquire a second 19 year old forward (Pavel Gogolev type) for 2 x 2nds, 3 x 3rds and add a depth defenceman (2000 born that the trading team won't have room for as an OA) for a 4th. They might be able to hold onto their 2020 picks in this situation at least the 2nd, 2 x 3rds and 2 x 4ths as they will have major icetime to offer next year and the rebuild will be sped up with these picks and the two new imports.

I can see the team looking to add at least two more forwards, possibly a depth 19 year old defenceman and possibly a depth 19 year old Goalie depending on how Will Cranley is progressing. I've emboldened players that either won't or may not be back next season.

67's playoff lineup:
FORWARD
Gareffa-Rossi-Keating
Quinn-Hoelscher-Clarke
19 YO-Tolnai-19 YO
Yule-Robinson-Crete
Beck/Johnston/Sirizzotti

DEFENCE
Hoefenmayer-Bahl
Okhotyuk
-Belanger
Rippon-19 YO
Matier/Sawyer/Costantini

GOALIE
Andree
Cranley

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
In looking at the team's draft pick situation after the Gareffa deal, the 67'still have six 2nd rounders, four 3rd rounders and nine 4th rounders available between now and 2024 (which I believe is the furthest draft that teams can trade after the rule changes took effect).

Assuming that the team is going close to all in, they should be able to acquire a 19 year old star forward (Akil Thomas/Serron Noel type) for a good young player and 3 x 2nd's and then acquire a second 19 year old forward (Pavel Gogolev type) for 2 x 2nds, 3 x 3rds and add a depth defenceman (2000 born that the trading team won't have room for as an OA) for a 4th. They might be able to hold onto their 2020 picks in this situation at least the 2nd, 2 x 3rds and 2 x 4ths as they will have major icetime to offer next year and the rebuild will be sped up with these picks and the two new imports.

I can see the team looking to add at least two more forwards, possibly a depth 19 year old defenceman and possibly a depth 19 year old Goalie depending on how Will Cranley is progressing. I've emboldened players that either won't or may not be back next season.

67's playoff lineup:
FORWARD
Gareffa-Rossi-Keating
Quinn-Hoelscher-Clarke
19 YO-Tolnai-19 YO
Yule-Robinson-Crete
Beck/Johnston/Sirizzotti

DEFENCE
Hoefenmayer-Bahl
Okhotyuk
-Belanger
Rippon-19 YO
Matier/Sawyer/Costantini

GOALIE
Andree
Cranley

Akil Thomas or Serron Noel will cost one of Tolnai or Matier. Someone else will pony that up so if you want either of those two, you'll have to wait until close to the deadline. What transpired with Suzuki last year is not a trend, it's an exception. Besides, the 67s are not in a situation to wait out the entire market and hope that sort of a deal falls in their lap at the last minute.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Except if your Branch in Flint. What he gave up for Lalonde and Popovich is much higher than anyone else would have. But yes prices seem a little lower. Now lets hope Papineau can get in some of the action in Sudbury before prices go up as fast as the Toronto housing market.

WJ

Robray12

Jun 6, 2011
Ottawa
Not sure what it is but I seem to be the o ly person who can't see Tolnai' hidden talent....
I prefer Johnson or beck at least they have a spark o my view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad