Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Should be interesting tonight. We'll be in tough shorthanded up front against a good Petes team. We need a good game from Tolnai/Robinson and the rooks to start showing up more on the scoresheet.

Reactions: BarberPole9

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
so I guess its trade time

Honestly I'm torn about whether we should buy or sell. With Clarke out, we would need to add at least two scoring forwards and really bank on him coming back to full strength come playoff time.

If we sell Bahl, Hoelscher, Okhotyuk, Hoef and Keating the team will be set up with young players and picks to make huge runs the next few years though it would maybe a year that we look back at with a "what could have been?"

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Honestly I'm torn about whether we should buy or sell. With Clarke out, we would need to add at least two scoring forwards and really bank on him coming back to full strength come playoff time.

If we sell Bahl, Hoelscher, Okhotyuk, Hoef and Keating the team will be set up with young players and picks to make huge runs the next few years though it would maybe a year that we look back at with a "what could have been?"

Also tough because Bahl, Okhotyuk, Rossi will all have a legit shot at making their WJ teams, which would be another month without all 3 of those guys

Having said that, I think it's very, very unlikely the move all or even most of the guys you named

Reactions: LR8

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013

I've been a proponent of going for it this year and add at forward, now I'm not sure as we lack serious depth up front but man a shame to waste that D. If we sell though I agree with Generalsupdates that we don't move all those guys. Bahl, Keating/Hoef would be the prime candidates imo. Okhotiuk is harder to move as an import and Hoelscher might return as an OA. Also Boyd has said he does not believe in gutting a team as not fair to the young players so we might see a limited sell. As for Clarke if he had shoulder surgery he's likely out for more than 4 months if its a rotator cuff or labral tear but I don't know what specific injury he had. So not sure if he'll be a factor this year.

Reactions: BarberPole9

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If the plan this year was to push for a win, the Clarke injury changes nothing. He'll be back prior to the playoffs where he'll get a silid 4-6 weeks of the season to get ready.

The Clarke injury changes nothing in that regard.

Selling, buying or status quo is really just an opinion we all have. Unless this team falls down flat, I cannot see management making any diversions from their plan.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
There are just so few forwards out there and with Oshawa, Sudbury, Peterborough, Saginaw, the Soo, Owen Sound, Kitchener, London and maybe more looking to contend this year I don't know if there are two impact forwards out there to get without paying through the nose.

The way that Hoelscher is playing so far, there is no chance of him being back next year. He's a phenomenal PK, defensive forward averaging well over a point per game. He and Bahl would be the two most valuable assets, as they are not OA. Keating would help ANY team in the league and would probably have a value like Maksimovich last year (3 x 2nd rounders) and while Hoef might be the best OA D in the league, every bad team in the league has an OA D available meaning that prices will probably be lower for them.

If you did deal Bahl (16 year old 1st rounder + 2 x 2nds), Hoelscher (Good 17 year old F + 2 X 2nds) and Keating (3 x 2nd's), you would be absolutely set up for a MONSTER next few years while still having a good chance to win a playoff round this year.

I'm not advocating for a selloff, just thinking out loud about options. I'd be equally good with Ottawa adding three high quality players at the skill level of Bahl, Hoelscher and Keating but I just don't know if they will be available.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
67's down 2-0 after 2

67's outshoot the Petes 18-3 but are outscored 1-0

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Very good game tonight. Petes dominated the first but we carried the rest of the game. Jones was excellent in goal and we just lack finish. Keating was awesome all game and Okhotiuk was surprisingly good considering it was his first game. A bit like the Kitchener game we could have easily won. One thing about the Petes they are well coached defensively and protect the center of the ice very well in the D zone, a lot of our shots came from outside but we did not create enough traffic or get enough rebounds.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
With Clarke out, I assume that Sawyer and Matier are going to rotate in and out of the lineup so that we can have the young guns on forward.

To a certain point, this is going to give Boyd an idea of what we have to look forward to next year.

As to trades, I think the only thing that Boyd can do is sit back and answer the phone every GM in the league is going to know he is hurting so he is not going to get great returns for anything he offers.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I totally agree that Ottawa outplayed the Pete's overall as reflected by the 19 to 4 shot advantage in the 2nd. We sure do lack the finishing touch and can you say JONES. Their goalie played really well. Andree gave up a really weak goal and I am sure it was deflating for the team.

I was looking around and came up with a couple of possibilities that could improve our scoring touch with limited resources expenditure.
Lodnia from Niagara for a couple of picks and also inquire about Zack Trott for Rippon straight up. Trott could also be an OA next season. This would still give us the opportunity to add before the deadline using Tolnai and picks as the bait.

I think they still have to go for it this season as the defense next season will be inexperienced to say the least. Wilson would have to go if Lodnia is brought in but we would still have Bahl, Hoef, Okhotyuk, Belanger, Sawyer, Mactier and Constantiono.

Just a couple of ideas as we have to do something to improve our scoring touch.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I totally agree that Ottawa outplayed the Pete's overall as reflected by the 19 to 4 shot advantage in the 2nd. We sure do lack the finishing touch and can you say JONES. Their goalie played really well. Andree gave up a really weak goal and I am sure it was deflating for the team.

I was looking around and came up with a couple of possibilities that could improve our scoring touch with limited resources expenditure.
Lodnia from Niagara for a couple of picks and also inquire about Zack Trott for Rippon straight up. Trott could also be an OA next season. This would still give us the opportunity to add before the deadline using Tolnai and picks as the bait.

I think they still have to go for it this season as the defense next season will be inexperienced to say the least. Wilson would have to go if Lodnia is brought in but we would still have Bahl, Hoef, Okhotyuk, Belanger, Sawyer, Mactier and Constantiono.

Just a couple of ideas as we have to do something to improve our scoring touch.
Dont see Soo doing Rippon for Trott. We will already have 2 other quality OA D next year in LeGuerrier and Wale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad