Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Horrible outcome for Hamilton. They really deserved two points in this one. The officiating really favoured Ottawa tonight. As a fan, I am almost embarrassed we took two points.

On the positive side, great teams find a way to win and they did just that. Chalk up another 2 points.

Rennick was the first star tonight? I am trying to figure that one out.

The boys need to find a way to play a lot less sloppy tomorrow,

Navrin Mutter showed why I felt he needed to be a priority for this 67’s team. The way he played tonight shows the type of player he can be in a tough playoff series. Clearly he wasn’t available but if he were, he’d have been a stellar pickup. Hate playing against him but would love to have him on our team, that is for sure.

I like the way Okhotyuk is skating but is it just me that thinks he is too reckless and maybe even selfish? I am on the fence as to whether he is selfish or just maybe too aggressive. He frustrates the heck out of me. I think he plays his best hockey when he is more contained and plays in a smaller perimeter. HE seems to be pressing offensively a lot and I am not sure he is good enough offensively to be taking that may chances. Even his aggressiveness seems a little too much. That late 3rd period penalty is an example.

Reactions: 67hockeyfan

Buschito

Apr 8, 2019
[

Rennick was the first star tonight? I am trying to figure that one out.

The boys need to find a way to play a lot less sloppy tomorrow,

Navrin Mutter showed why I felt he needed to be a priority for this 67’s team. The way he played tonight shows the type of player he can be in a tough playoff series. Clearly he wasn’t available but if he were, he’d have been a stellar pickup. Hate playing against him but would love to have him on our team, that is for sure.

.[/QUOTE]

The stars issue was apparently a typo - used #2 from Hamilton instead of Ottawa. It’s fixed now.

Also I was recalling all your high praise of Nutter while watching the game. Yep, that kid is a beast and he played well tonight.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Hey guys are we getting into the same FUNK that past teams have?

By that I mean that they seem to have that ow well we lost the first period and second but we are so good we will catch them in the 3rd.

That is what killed us last year and is starting to look like it is happening this year.

I still cannot believe that Hoef hs not gotten an offer and signed with anyone. The only thing I can think of is that he has decided that since he can not go the NHL route that he will go the university route

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

By that I mean that they seem to have that ow well we lost the first period and second but we are so good we will catch them in the 3rd.

That is what killed us last year and is starting to look like it is happening this year.

I still cannot believe that Hoef hs not gotten an offer and signed with anyone. The only thing I can think of is that he has decided that since he can not go the NHL route that he will go the university route

IIRC, Felhaber didn't sign with Dallas until about this time of year. It may well be that teams are waiting to see what they will be doing around the trade deadline to see how many contracts they will have going forward. It's not over yet...

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

Hoefenmayer is a horrible skater. IF he steps on AHL ice, he maybe the worst skater in the league.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hoefenmayer is a horrible skater. IF he steps on AHL ice, he maybe the worst skater in the league.

That can be addressed in some cases, though. Mark Stone was not a great skater, which is why he slipped all the way to Round 6. He worked hard to fix it and needless to say, he's doing ok. ;-)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
That can be addressed in some cases, though. Mark Stone was not a great skater, which is why he slipped all the way to Round 6. He worked hard to fix it and needless to say, he's doing ok. ;-)

There’s a difference between a bad skater compared to his other TEAM CANADA counterparts and being a bad skater compared to EVERYONE ELSE.

Hoefenmayer has the luxury of playing on a team with a bunch of UBER talented players. Opposition doesn’t have the luxury of targeting Hoefenmayer otherwise guys like Rossi and Garreffa will kill them. So, Hoefenmayer gets a lot more space than he really deserves. That space hides his lack of skating ability.

His footwork os fine in the tight spaces. But, as soon as he has to open it up a bit, you can clearly see he skates like he has two cinder blocks tied to his thighs.

I like Hoef. But, I am just being real. HE was a high scoring DMan last year on a stellar team. Sure, he is scoring more this year but he outscored the vast majority of the league last year too. HE wasn’t offered a contract by the team that drafted him and no one redrafted him. HE hasn’t signed a free agent contract to date. It is because his skating simply will not translate successfully at the next level.

HE would be stupid to sign a pro contract. If he has any sort of inclination towards school, he should cash in on his contract get an education, play CIS and maybe if he can work on his skating, play some pro hockey after school.

If he goes the Pro route, he will probably never play much higher than ECHL with a handful of tryout periods at the AHL level. That is a waste of time. At least with four more years at CIS level, he may be able to improve enough to play five or six years in Europe and then settle down when he is around 30 into a regular non-hockey life.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
We have had a few players that were drafted but never make the cut because os skating. I think that is OHL life. I think that if Hoef wanted to show his skills and improve he had all the tools here available. I agree if he is academically gifted then he should pursue the CIS route if not then He needs to consider f he wants t to the ECHL or Euro route. Neither of them are bad and both allow him to get paid to play the game he loves.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
0-3 after the first.

This team is not ready to play hockey right now.

The #NOQUIT should be #NOSTART

Reactions: sirius67fan

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Maybe hope you don't play Peterborough in the playoffs. They might have your number.

When the Petes are playing their game, they are a better overall team without a doubt.

The lack of depth on Ottawa is apparent.

This is not doom and gloom. Ottawa hasn’t been playing for anything the last 4 weeks or so. At some point they will have to gear up.

In all fairness, there is no sense peaking with 20 games left either so....

Petes25

Jan 4, 2017
4 of 8 loses to the Petes! U guys are obviously the face of the CHL, such a great all around team, Hope to meet yas in the playoffs, would be a hell of a series!

Reactions: 67hockeyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany