Ottawa 67's 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
There' obviously two more games this weekend but this will be the 4th weekend of Rossi being very average.

You see Garreffa darting around creating separation but Rossi has been unable to.

You have to think he is battling some sort of injury. He really is not himself right now.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Last night was only Cranley's 25th career OHL game. It hasn't been easy to develop him behind Andree and Dipietro, but he's been terrific now he's gotten a regular stretch of starts.

Reactions: 67hockeyfan

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
There' obviously two more games this weekend but this will be the 4th weekend of Rossi being very average.

You see Garreffa darting around creating separation but Rossi has been unable to.

You have to think he is battling some sort of injury. He really is not himself right now.

That's what I'm thinking. When he missed half a game or so during the prospects game weekend, they showed him getting a puck to the midsection, and everyone kind of assumed that's what hurt him. That wouldn't have affected him to this extent, though.

There's got to have been something else that he tweaked we don't know about.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
Last night was only Cranley's 25th career OHL game. It hasn't been easy to develop him behind Andree and Dipietro, but he's been terrific now he's gotten a regular stretch of starts.
Or maybe that was the best way to develop. Learn from 2 great goaltenders, game some experience playing against “weaker” teams, and build technique and confidence. He’ll be ready to go as the #1 next year.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Can someone enlighten me on what the heck is going on in Peterborough? They are on the slide of all slides right now.

The 67’s have 23 games left in the season and don’t even need to go .500 to clinch if the Petes run the rest of their schedule.

I think the Generals may catch the Petes down the stretch.

Reactions: Whatanathol

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Can someone enlighten me on what the heck is going on in Peterborough? They are on the slide of all slides right now.

The 67’s have 23 games left in the season and don’t even need to go .500 to clinch if the Petes run the rest of their schedule.

Yeah they've been struggling since beating us a few weeks back. I believe they have a few injuries which is possibly a factor, Kirk, Paquette and Maier.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
A couple of observations:

I think Daylon Groulx has been quite noticeable the last couple of games which usually means you are doing something right.

Constantini has had a rough time the last couple of games. Giving the puck away and then taking a penalty to try and recover. Seems his hockey sense is fading all of a sudden. Tired or wear and tear???

I also find that the defense are giving up too many quality scoring chances lately. May also be attributed to lack of defensive support from the forwards.

I am glad we are not playing Windsor and London this weekend. Tourigny will have to work on a few things to get them ready for the 16th and 17th. We also have another Pete's game next Saturday and they always seem to be a challenge. Maybe not the way the Pete's are playing lately but you never know what the rivalry can bring out.

Last edited:

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013

We have no back up goalie our coach is playing wrong line combinations and injuries also we have dumb dumb for GM lol

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Wow only 7 losses and 118 goals against YTD. Frickin impressive and before somebody chimes in about East vs West and difficulty of schedules blah, blah, blah I call BS. That’s impressive period! Either way if a team were to beat you out come playoffs or if you make it through the OHL should be represented well this year at the Memorial Cup!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Wow only 7 losses and 118 goals against YTD. Frickin impressive and before somebody chimes in about East vs West and difficulty of schedules blah, blah, blah I call BS. That’s impressive period! Either way if a team were to beat you out come playoffs or if you make it through the OHL should be represented well this year at the Memorial Cup!

I think the post game interview with Rossi said it best. He said you can’t always play your best. You will have stretches were you’re struggling. Maybe that is just it.

That said, he did create a little better separation last night. He’s still sort of guiding the puck a little too much but we did see signs he is about to break out of that funk.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Todays lineup against the Soo

EPyl_yuXsAEi3QI

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Just saw on Kenny Walls' twitter that he was interviewing Dylan Robinson today. Did anybody listen to it as I'd like to know what his prognosis is. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: BarberPole9

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Another nice win today. Ottawa really controlled the puck today and though they were outshot, they carried the play throughout.

Our first line is playing great but for the past few weeks Jack Quinn has been the team’s best player IMO.

Okhotyuk was absolutely flying and continues to progress his game.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Another nice win today. Ottawa really controlled the puck today and though they were outshot, they carried the play throughout.

Our first line is playing great but for the past few weeks Jack Quinn has been the team’s best player IMO.

Okhotyuk was absolutely flying and continues to progress his game.

I don't agree that the 67's carried the play throughout. The Greyhounds dominated even strength puck possession throughout, including 2 different stretches of more than 4 minutes in the Ottawa end.

Andree and the the officiating made the difference in this game, particularly the absolutely horrendous blown call that led to the winning goal. The team is unbeatable if Andree stands on his head like that, even if they are noticeably outplayed.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was at the game and man was Andree impressive - his lateral movement and the way he reads the play are both textbook. As mentioned, he gave the team a chance to win even on an afternoon when they weren't at their best. (Kevin Bahl had a particularly unimpressive game.) I'm sure that the kid is anxious to redeem himself after last year's OHL Final, and it looks like he'll get his opportunity. The window for this team to add some banners to that building is right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad