Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
From what I understand he will be long gone by the time Ottawa drafts. He will likely go in the top 5.
I know a lot have him as the second rated player in draft. Only ways Ottawa get him is if the family decides they want him home in Ottawa with his brother. Then either teams pass on him or he gets drafted, does not report and is traded to Ottawa. Anyway I'm just spitballing as I've heard nothing about him not reporting anywhere. Just would be nice to get a player of his caliber even though we shouldn't. Would make us know what the Knights fans feel like.;) :sarcasm:

Reactions: nelli27

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
From what I understand he will be long gone by the time Ottawa drafts. He will likely go in the top 5.

Unfortunately for Ottawa, Brandt Clarke is too good to do the old 'NCAA Slide', especially all the way to Ottawa at 20 or 21. The only way he ends up in Ottawa is if he defects from Flint or Erie or Barrie and, especially, Peterborough.

Reactions: BarberPole9

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Unfortunately for Ottawa, Brandt Clarke is too good to do the old 'NCAA Slide', especially all the way to Ottawa at 20 or 21. The only way he ends up in Ottawa is if he defects from Flint or Erie or Barrie and, especially, Peterborough.

No one will be doing the Slide anymore. Teams simply draft them and claim defected then trade. Guys serious about NCAA and say their entire Bantam year they are committed to NCAA will slide (Dylan Peterson) but any player that even talks about OHL in any way or entertains it in any way will get picked. Even if they don't get traded, the teams still get the comp pick the following year after they are defected.

I can see them maneuvering a defected status trade though. They have loads of picks. The cost isn't usually very restrictive either. A couple 2nds and a few 3rds plus a couple deep picks is usually enough to get it done. I guess the Cuylle trade would be the benchmark considering they will be picked in the same range.

I don't believe the Petes can afford to take anyone of risk. I don't think teams are allowed to take advantage of that rule in back to back seasons.

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
No one will be doing the Slide anymore. Teams simply draft them and claim defected then trade. Guys serious about NCAA and say their entire Bantam year they are committed to NCAA will slide (Dylan Peterson) but any player that even talks about OHL in any way or entertains it in any way will get picked. Even if they don't get traded, the teams still get the comp pick the following year after they are defected.

I can see them maneuvering a defected status trade though. They have loads of picks. The cost isn't usually very restrictive either. A couple 2nds and a few 3rds plus a couple deep picks is usually enough to get it done. I guess the Cuylle trade would be the benchmark considering they will be picked in the same range.

I don't believe the Petes can afford to take anyone of risk. I don't think teams are allowed to take advantage of that rule in back to back seasons.

Exactly, cannot do this 2 yrs consecutively. Yes, I still am ticked about Jack Hughes, total wasted pick by the Trout.

TracyMcGrady

Mar 19, 2019
New to the forum here but has been a 67's follower since the last year of Corey Locke (2003/04 season). I've listened to Schreiber, AJ, John Abbott and now Kenny Walls on TEAM/TSN 1200 for a long long time. I've even had the privilege to work as a cameraman and floor director for 67's games on Rogers 22. Anyways I am very excited for the playoffs and really hope that this franchise would have a deep run and a trip to Halifax.

Anyway, here is a video of all 68 games highlights. It's been a memorable regular season. More of the same in the playoffs please!

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS.gif
Most Underrated Player:2. Cedrick Andree,
Smartest Player: 1. Marco Rossi,
Most Dangerous in Goal Area: Tye Felhaber
Best Stickhandler: 3. Sasha Chmelevski
Best on Face-Offs: 3. Sasha Chmelevski,
Best Shot Blocker: 3. Nikita Okhotyuk,
Best Offensive Defenceman: 3. Noel Hoefenmayer
Best Defensive Defenceman: 2. Merrick Rippon
Best Puck-Handling Goalie: 3. Michael DiPietro,

Next, it will be interesting to see the all-star teams

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
View attachment 203115
Most Underrated Player:2. Cedrick Andree,
Smartest Player: 1. Marco Rossi,
Most Dangerous in Goal Area: Tye Felhaber
Best Stickhandler: 3. Sasha Chmelevski
Best on Face-Offs: 3. Sasha Chmelevski,
Best Shot Blocker: 3. Nikita Okhotyuk,
Best Offensive Defenceman: 3. Noel Hoefenmayer
Best Defensive Defenceman: 2. Merrick Rippon
Best Puck-Handling Goalie: 3. Michael DiPietro,

Next, it will be interesting to see the all-star teams
Lots of well deserved kudos for the poles. I'm just very surprised Andree didn't get a nod for most improved player,is there anybody close in the league???

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Anybody else pumped up for tonight?! Let's go 67'S!
I am pumped about the playoffs, the first round not so much ( will still be at the game though). The first round has become a warm up for the teams that loaded up vs those thar didn't. Its not like 15 years ago when teams would tweak things but you didn't see acquiring 4/5/6 players at the deadline and writting off the next two years for a rebuild. The result is I don't remember the last time there was a true upset or near upset in round one. (I'm sure there may have been but few and far between.) So for me I'll save my heart and get excited for round two.

Reactions: BarberPole9

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Last edited:

sec20forever

Aug 11, 2015
powerplay made Hamilton pay for being shorthanded last night.have not heard a crowd so loud in years. lets fill the rink sunday and keep up the noise.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
After 1 feisty period 67's lead 2-0

1ST 5:37
#17 Mitchell Hoelscher (1) scores. Assists: #22 Jack QuinnShort HandedGame Winning
1ST 11:29 #92 Graeme Clarke (3) scores. Power Play

Hamilton have lost one and maybe 2 players Nutter was thrown out of the game after cross checking major, also one Hamilton left the game with what looked like a serious ankle injury.

67's outshot Hamilton 18-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad