Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Stupid play by Maks. No need for that. He won't play in Hamilton.

100% dumb play - you need and expect overage players to be leaders and stay away from that kind of dumb, selfish play. You bet the OHL will ding him for a game if for no other reason than to settle the series down and let the teams know that garbage won't be tolerated. (My guess is the Mutter gets three.)

Great game today from DiPietro - he finally settled down in there and stopped overplaying pucks. He's much better when he plays a calm game as opposed to a hyperactive one...

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Tourigny sounds like the modern day Killer and that is a good thing. Also if those are his rules at this level he will stay here because none of the ego-driven NHL players are going to buy his no phone we select your meals policy.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Tourigny sounds like the modern day Killer and that is a good thing. Also if those are his rules at this level he will stay here because none of the ego-driven NHL players are going to buy his no phone we select your meals policy.

Some guys find their niche as junior/college coaches, and there's nothing wrong with that. He can probably make the same money as a junior head coach as he would as an NHL assistant, with much more job satisfaction and security. Just as with Killer, NHL teams will be grateful that the player(s) they got were coached the right way by a guy like Tourigny. For the guys who don't end up playing in the show (which is most of them) they will have learned some invaluable life lessons...

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
100% dumb play - you need and expect overage players to be leaders and stay away from that kind of dumb, selfish play. You bet the OHL will ding him for a game if for no other reason than to settle the series down and let the teams know that garbage won't be tolerated. (My guess is the Mutter gets three.)

Great game today from DiPietro - he finally settled down in there and stopped overplaying pucks. He's much better when he plays a calm game as opposed to a hyperactive one...

I was at the arena, and my view was kind of blocked from the Maksimovich hit on the goalie. From my view it just seemed they were both racing to the puck and collided. Did Maksimovich not try to play the puck? I was really surprised they kicked him out for it but it makes sense if there was no intent to play the puck.

Actually thought the same for the cross check from the Hamilton player, it seemed way worse because he broke his stick, but I thought a Match penalty was a bit excessive. Do Match penalties still carry automatic suspensions?

I also wouldn't be surprised if they suspend just to send a message, as you said. It did get quite heated at times.

Great game by both the Clark(e)s. You can tell Kody is really starting to piss the Hamilton players off, he just needs to watch out to not take stupid penalties.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Nothing here as yet: Media Notes – Ontario Hockey League

The Owen Robinson (Sudbury) suspension listed there was a 'Match-Cross Check' but I don't know if that was automatic or supplemental.

Isn’t there a rule about buying back suspensions in the playoffs? I am pretty sure Maksimovich won’t get a suspension because the game Misconduct can be a team fine in the playoffs. As long as it is reviewed and not deemed to require additional supplemental games, I believe, it can simply be bought out.

The Mutter penalty I am not sure about. It was a Match so deemed as intent to injure. I’m not sure if that can be bought out. Possibly it could if the league reviews and deems it not an intent to injure but serious enough for a Game Misconduct. Then they could buy out the game Misconduct suspension....again, as far as I am aware.

Reactions: BarberPole9

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Does anybody else find it odd that Noel Hoefenmayer hasn't signed his entry level contract with Arizona? They signed Kevin Bahl a little while back, but Hoefenmayer is the player that needs to be signed a week prior to this year's draft or be re-entered.

Noel has had one heck of a season and seems to be very worthy of a contract.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Looking like the second round meeting is in the cards (unless North Bay pull off the unlikely but heavily desired upset, haha). Anyone able to tell me which section(s) visiting fans usually congregate in at 67s games?

Additionally, anyone planning on making the trip to Sudbury assuming we play each other?

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
That is good man. It’s tough to be a disciplinarian today, it demands tact.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Isn’t there a rule about buying back suspensions in the playoffs? I am pretty sure Maksimovich won’t get a suspension because the game Misconduct can be a team fine in the playoffs. As long as it is reviewed and not deemed to require additional supplemental games, I believe, it can simply be bought out.

The Mutter penalty I am not sure about. It was a Match so deemed as intent to injure. I’m not sure if that can be bought out. Possibly it could if the league reviews and deems it not an intent to injure but serious enough for a Game Misconduct. Then they could buy out the game Misconduct suspension....again, as far as I am aware.
Ya I was thinking the same. I wonder why the Wolves didn’t do that. I’d appreciate if anyone has the particulars.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Looking like the second round meeting is in the cards (unless North Bay pull off the unlikely but heavily desired upset, haha). Anyone able to tell me which section(s) visiting fans usually congregate in at 67s games?

Additionally, anyone planning on making the trip to Sudbury assuming we play each other?
Don’t jinx us man. Nothing is over until you win the fourth game. That’s the attitude needed.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I thought they got rid of the buy outs for suspension awhile go I know in the GOHL it not permitted any more

Last edited:

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
The one thing that can be counted on in the playoffs is that it gets rough. I think most people here will remember the Petes Fronts series that Kingston went in the heavy favourite. They won the first 2 games on the scoreboard but the Petes wore them down. Players tend to realize that in a short series bodies can ache. Some players are also intimidated and start hearing footsteps.

That is not going to change. Referees though have to call the big penalties and let the little stuff go. The league was right to give them time to cool off as well as sending a message that there is a line that they will not accept.

Goalies playing the puck have always been targets in the OHL and NHL.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
The one thing that can be counted on in the playoffs is that it gets rough. I think most people here will remember the Petes Fronts series that Kingston went in the heavy favourite. They won the first 2 games on the scoreboard but the Petes wore them down. Players tend to realize that in a short series bodies can ache. Some players are also intimidated and start hearing footsteps.

That is not going to change. Referees though have to call the big penalties and let the little stuff go. The league was right to give them time to cool off as well as sending a message that there is a line that they will not accept.

Goalies playing the puck have always been targets in the OHL and NHL.
Which brings me to something I asked on the Sudbury board. How well do the 67’s play or stand up physically. I would think any opposition’s game plan would involve being really physical.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Which brings me to something I asked on the Sudbury board. How well do the 67’s play or stand up physically. I would think any opposition’s game plan would involve being really physical.

Ottawa has four very tough guys on Defence- Hudson Wilson, Kevin Bahl, Merrick Rippon and Nikita Okhotyuk. Up front, we have both Kody Clark and Quinn Yule who will bump but they aren't as heavy up front as on the back end.

Does anybody know the how the fight suspension rule works in the playoffs? My kids always joke that they would NEVER, EVER fight either Okhotyuk or Kevin Bahl :)

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Which brings me to something I asked on the Sudbury board. How well do the 67’s play or stand up physically? I would think any opposition’s game plan would involve being really physical.

The other problem that you would have is which line do you get physical with. Let's face it with 3 lines that can score it would be hard to wear them all down.

Reactions: OMG67

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The other problem that you would have is which line do you get physical with. Let's face it with 3 lines that can score it would be hard to wear them all down.

I addition to that, how do you stay out of the box? Most teams don't have one player that walks the line and draws penalties. Even Mutter ended up with three games out. It is getting tougher to play that style now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad