Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Wow! I admittedly didn’t think Ottawa would just steamroll their way to the Finals the way that they have. Congratulations!

Has there ever been a team go undefeated this far??

Reactions: BarberPole9

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Good job 67's. Not a lot of competition. Good luck in the finals.

I’m not too sure there was “no competition.” It is true Ottawa has been very dominant but that is more a reflection on the elevated calibre of the 67’s more-so than the competency of the teams they’ve played. I think both Sudbury and Oshawa were both very good teams with very good goaltending.

I am interested in seeing who we play in the Finals. Right now it looks like Lennox has taken over where Prosvetov left off. I’m not sure of the quality of the saves but he has played two solid games in the backup role. They are one win away from a trip to the Finals after their win tonight.

Popovich is just plain terrible. I think the 67’s would have a field day with that guy. So many soft goals this playoff by him.

Undefeated through three rounds. Very impressive. We’ll see if we can keep it up!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Wow! I admittedly didn’t think Ottawa would just steamroll their way to the Finals the way that they have. Congratulations!

Has there ever been a team go undefeated this far??

1988 - Windsor Spitfires go 12-0 to win the OHL Championship. They received a bye in the quarter finals. They went 3-0 int he Memorial Cup round robin play but lost in the Finals, their one and only loss in the post season.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
A great, resilient win from a great, resilient team. Great to see Felhaber blast both of those cannons home, very fitting for the year he’s had.

Already cannot wait for the finals!

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Well done. I even hope you pull off the unthinkable 16-0 at this point. Hell of a run. Great to see humble pie get served tonight!

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
1988 - Windsor Spitfires go 12-0 to win the OHL Championship. They received a bye in the quarter finals. They went 3-0 int he Memorial Cup round robin play but lost in the Finals, their one and only loss in the post season.
12-0 is nice, but it is just a step. The 1988 Compuware Spitfires would have traded their streak for a win against Medicine Hat in the final game.

The 67s looked discombobulated in the first period last night and really didn't get going at all. Oshawa was going all out and could have had a better result. Some players made poor decisions at bad times and that ended up costing them. You can't lose a top scorer for 17 minutes in the middle of the game and then a pointless head shot put them down 2 players for the tying goal.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Ottawa joins the 1988 OHL Champion Windsor Spitfires as just the second team in OHL history to start the playoffs with a perfect 12-0 record. They sit one win shy of equalling the London Knights’ 2016 league record of 13 consecutive playoff victories.

MMM OMG broken record time but was Guelph not the other team that sold their soul for the championship. mmmmmm

Anyway, great run guys here is knowing that we can keep this up all the way to the league championship.

To Kyle Keyser welcome to Providence where NHL GOALIES ARE created.

Reactions: three dog night

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
67 look great - team is deep and obvious fav. at this point. Will say it has been a funny year, and not sure the team coming from OHL will be fav. at Mem cup. 67 have gone through 2 teams that had dominant goalies and were able to solve them - credit to 67's! The level of competition has been a bit subpar. 8 good teams this year, only 1 (67's) maybe up to 4 really good teams (Nia, Guelph, Sag?). Without the stellar goaltending, Osh is not a 3 seed, and Sud is battling for playoff spot. Still goalies are the most important part, and 67 handled them easily, but the depth on these teams, especially Sud was not there.

Will be interesting finals - can't see a sweep but probably 67 done in 6. Sag in drivers seat but it isn't quite done. Sag rookie goalie playing great, but the suspensions might still come back to haunt them. Guelph - a disappointment so far. More was expected from skaters. The 2 99 dman that came in each have 2 points in 15 playoff games, but neither got to 30 points in the entire season so maybe expectations were too high. Long drive across to Sag, so that should be incentive for 67's to end it in 5. Congrats to the Ottawa Goalie Slayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad