Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
I
Ottawa’s 104 point has nothing to do with the fact that the overrated 67s lost to the Petes. Also, there was no mention about a 7 game series so that point is completely irrelevant. And anyone with two brain cells (not you) knows that as long as the you score more goals than the other team, shots are just a number.

What does it mean when someone says you're overrated?
The definition of overrated is something that doesn't live up to its reputation or the hype surrounding it. An example of something that would be described as overrated is a restaurant that everyone says is delicious but which really is just OK.

You're the guy coming in here saying that the only thing that matters is wins, and here's the deal- the 67's have more wins than any other team in this league.

One one hand, you are saying that all that matters is wins and on the other hand, you are saying that the 67's are overrated in spite of the fact that they have the most wins in the league. You clearly haven't taken any Logic classes, have you?

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
North Bay wins and Hamilton loses. Lines up OTT vs HAM for round one.

Any news on DiPietro?
No news but I saw it very well from where I was sitting, puck hit him in frontal area. Skated off on his own and did not seem dazed. I suspect he was taken out for concussion protocol and as a precaution. As you know these things are sometimes hard to predict but I would not be surprised if he's in tomorrow...to get back on the bike.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Yes and that is how you get 104 points as opposed to 70. The big W's.

The Petes goaltenders were great the last two nights and really secured your points. Ottawa has not been playing well for some time and team chemistry seems to be lacking. Need to turn it around quickly.

Anyway good luck to both teams in the playoffs.
I agree they have been off for some time and chemistry is off. A few points. First they're being too cute and trying to make the perfect play, just shoot the stupid thing, heck we've got what seven 20 goal scorers its not like we can't score. Also is it just me but I don't like the lines in the past 3-4 games. I know Tourigny is trying to shake things up but I have a problem with Clarke on the second line and Clark playing left wing on first line. I'd do this:
Maks/Chem/Felhaber
Keats/Rossi/Quinn
Chiodo/Bitten/Clark
Yule/Hoelscher/Clarke

Chem and Felhaber had great chemistry last year. I think Quinn is under utilized right now and would do very well with keats/rossi as he's got great hockey sense and very good puckhandler. I think Bitten, Clark play well together and their size will open things up for Chiodo. Thoughts?

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Ottawa’s 104 point has nothing to do with the fact that the overrated 67s lost to the Petes. Also, there was no mention about a 7 game series so that point is completely irrelevant. And anyone with two brain cells (not you) knows that as long as the you score more goals than the other team, shots are just a number.

Look at you coming in here and being all disrespectful (Babypole - two brain cells) and deciding what can be mentioned and what is irrelevant. Actually I have about 100 billion brain cells, just like you.

SOG, not always but most often, are an indicator of which team is carrying the play. SOG at a 2:1 ratio, over a 2-game sample, is an indicator of one team significantly carrying the play (and one or two hot goalies). Although quite relevant, they are not, however, the decider of a game.

Similarly, save for Olympics or World or World Junior Championships elimination or medal games, the results of one game is not overly relevant. What is most relevant is winning a 7-game series (and then another and another and another), something that no team has done yet this season.

We are both entitled to opinions. Yours is the 67's are "overrated". So it's your opinion that their reputation or standing is higher than they deserve. 67 games is a pretty big sample size but, yes, that's 67 one-game results. The real test for any team is a series of 7-game series. Enjoy your one-game victory and we'll see over the next couple of months whether Ottawa was overrated or not.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Everyone needs to just tone it down a bit. No one wants this to turn into the London Knights thread with people coming on here and tearing it down with a thousand little cuts and our fans poking back. It just pisses people off and then people stop posting because they get insulted.

The reality is the stronger your team is, the more fans from other teams will come on this thread and poke away. Take it as a compliment that other teams fan bases care enough to troll our thread.

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
Everyone needs to just tone it down a bit. No one wants this to turn into the London Knights thread with people coming on here and tearing it down with a thousand little cuts and our fans poking back. It just pisses people off and then people stop posting because they get insulted.

The reality is the stronger your team is, the more fans from other teams will come on this thread and poke away. Take it as a compliment that other teams fan bases care enough to troll our thread.

This. Don't feed the trolls, and stick to the 67's board.

sec20forever

Aug 11, 2015
I see the boys will have a country and western look for the playoffs. they don't want the blonde hair look.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
67's 5 Kingston 0 in 2nd

NO TV today?

1ST 7:39 #29 Tye Felhaber (59) scores. Assists: #2 Noel Hoefenmayer, #9 Austen Keating Power PlayGame Winning

1ST 10:28 #23 Marco Rossi (29) scores. Assists: #2 Noel Hoefenmayer, #29 Tye Felhaber Power PlayInsurance Goal

1ST 14:59 #20 Lucas Chiodo (29) scores. Assists: #4 Quinn Yule, #10 Cameron Tolnai

2ND 1:06 #8 Sasha Chmelevski (33) scores. Assists: #92 Graeme Clarke, #9 Austen Keating
l
2ND 3:30 #8 Sasha Chmelevski (34) scores. Assists: #9 Austen Keating, #29 Tye Felhaber Power Play

Last edited:

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
67's win 8-3

67's outshot Kingston 53-17

Keating with 5a

Chemelevski with 3g

Felhaber 1g 2a

G.Clarke 1g 2a

overtheboards

Oct 24, 2010
Today’s practice was well attended and it was also nice to have a bantam team there to help them get ready for the playoffs.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Today’s practice was well attended and it was also nice to have a bantam team there to help them get ready for the playoffs.

We haven't really been relevant in the OHL since Ceci and Monahan played here, so I would think that a dose of humility might be in order. It wasn't long ago when we missed the playoffs two years in a row, which is a heck of an accomplishment in a league where 80% of the teams make it. Let's treat Kingston's kids with respect, then get ready to go make a run...

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Wow what a season. I knew we'd be good but not this good. Congrats boys but now the real season begins...have fun that's what hockey's about!

Reactions: BarberPole9

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Playoffs are a whole new world - witness last year, when that powerhouse Sault team just ran out of gas in the finals. Still, Ottawa has to be slight favourites to win the whole thing. Our depth, particularly up front, is ridiculous. Can't wait to see it get started!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Playoffs are a whole new world - witness last year, when that powerhouse Sault team just ran out of gas in the finals. Still, Ottawa has to be slight favourites to win the whole thing. Our depth, particularly up front, is ridiculous. Can't wait to see it get started!

I have to admit, it would be better if we were on a high coming in but it does give them a chance to get it into gear and gradually build momentum through the playoffs. That would be just as effective, if not more effective.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
We haven't really been relevant in the OHL since Ceci and Monahan played here, so I would think that a dose of humility might be in order. It wasn't long ago when we missed the playoffs two years in a row, which is a heck of an accomplishment in a league where 80% of the teams make it. Let's treat Kingston's kids with respect, then get ready to go make a run...
Well said my friend. “And the first one now will later be last”...Dylan

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I would like to say best of luck to the Kingston OAs, keep your heads up all returning players and look ahead to what can be accomplished for next season.

Yesterday must have been a very trying occasion with no more hockey this year and friends departing whom you may never see again. This coupled with a very disappointing season probably made you feel like mailing in the two poonts.

Your team went for it last year and unfortunately it didn't work in your favour. Their were not too many options left, so as a result the rest of your top players were traded away.

Look on the bright side and realize that the players you received via trade and draft picks accquired will make for a competitive future.

Ottawa has had a share of bottom feeder teams over the past few seasons but as you can see things can also turn around quickly.

To all fellow 67s fans lets get behind the team, hope for a long playoff run and hopefully stay healthy to accomplish our ultimate goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: ETA 2000 Fan

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
After thinking about it, I just wanted to thank the team for an incredible regular season. It was a team that worked hard every night and made this fan and his group very proud on a nightly basis. This Coaching staff should be commended for an incredible job this year, building improvement from both the top and bottom of the roster as the year progressed.

There was incredible improvement from both veterans (Felhaber, Hoefenmayer and Keating) and the young guys (Quinn, Clarke and Peric) and also to the 16 year old kids (Tolnai and Belanger) who only got a handful of minutes a night but who looked so much better in the past month or so. In nets, Cedrick Andree increased his save percentage from .858 last year to a staggering .910 this year.

Kevin Bahl (+50), Hudson Wilson (+41), Merrick Rippon (+43) and Nikita Okhotyuk (+30) all became top notch, responsible defenders and combined with Hoefenmayer (+45), Peric and Belanger formed an incredibly tight Defensive core. Kody Clark and Sam Bitten really improved as well, becoming above average players in this league. All of Maksimovich, Chiodo and Dipietro joined a tight team and made it better.

This was one of those years that we will look back on later and say, "Damn, that was one heck of a fun season to watch!"

Reactions: OMG67

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Watching the OHLcup final mostly to see Shane Wright and he looks great even though he's possibly injured. However very impressed by B. Clarke, a smooth skating right hand shot D. Good size, good passer and great ice vision. Hum a bit the antithesis of big brother, but jokes aside would he ever look good in a poles uniform. Come on Mr and Mrs Clarke...bring your boy home:);)

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Watching the OHLcup final mostly to see Shane Wright and he looks great even though he's possibly injured. However very impressed by B. Clarke, a smooth skating right hand shot D. Good size, good passer and great ice vision. Hum a bit the antithesis of big brother, but jokes aside would he ever look good in a poles uniform. Come on Mr and Mrs Clarke...bring your boy home:);)

From what I understand he will be long gone by the time Ottawa drafts. He will likely go in the top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad