Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
The instigator call on Clark tonight was the most trash call that I have seen all season and it had better be reversed.

After Fraser hits Rossi late and dangerously into the boards, Clark skates over to Fraser and starts receiving punches from Fraser. After a 5 second fight, Clark is somehow assessed an instigator penalty. Even the Petes’ announcers were incredulous about the terrible officiating.

The officiating makes the game unwatchable. That non-call in the first, where the Petes defender lunged out three feet to trip Clark was a joke.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Barberpole9.... I just had to say liked your public service announcement on Pete’s board. :D

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
67`s down 1-0

Di Pietro injured replaced by Andree, took a puck to the head or face

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
North Bay wins and Hamilton loses. Lines up OTT vs HAM for round one.

Any news on DiPietro?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
GOAL
OT 0:37
#18 Adam Timleck (23) scores. GAME WINNING
+/-

Let the excuse train begin

Meh. 47 shots and two goals. Goalie played well. When your goalies stop all but 5 shots in two games with 90 shots against, that has to be considered a great effort on their part. Your goaltending has been great all year. Lots to look forward to there, for sure. Jones has been stellar. Then Austin comes in and stones us. A great way to end the season for him.

I didn't catch the game tonight so really can only look at summaries. Four PP's given tonight. Not horrid. No goals against anyway so that's good.

Reactions: BarberPole9

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Don’t hear any birds chirping on the petes board tonight ;)

Did you watch the game? Ottawa dominated and outshot you 47-28 and hit three posts. Congratulations to your Ottawa native, 16 year old Goalie who was your best player on the ice.

I really hope that the Petes get hot and upset Oshawa and we see you in round 2. It would be a much easier matchup for us.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Here’s hoping that Mikey Dipietro is ok, he left 4 minutes into the game.

Also hoping Mr. Felhaber gets better puck luck on Sunday after hitting two posts tonight. 60 Goals would be amazing.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Did you watch the game? Ottawa dominated and outshot you 47-28 and hit three posts. Congratulations to your Ottawa native, 16 year old Goalie who was your best player on the ice.

I really hope that the Petes get hot and upset Oshawa and we see you in round 2. It would be a much easier matchup for us.

Yo Babypole9, you know that the score matters not the shots, right?

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
And it's Hamilton for the 1st round. Get those 2nd round tickets printed--this is going to be an easy sweep for Ottawa, especially watching the Bulldogs absolutely melt down down the stretch due to inexperience and poor defense.

Let's just hope DiPietro is ok.. though Andree has been good as well, but a healthy DiPietro is needed if this team is going to be playing in Halifax 8 weeks from now..

three dog night

May 3, 2014
And it's Hamilton for the 1st round. Get those 2nd round tickets printed--this is going to be an easy sweep for Ottawa, especially watching the Bulldogs absolutely melt down down the stretch due to inexperience and poor defense.

Let's just hope DiPietro is ok.. though Andree has been good as well, but a healthy DiPietro is needed if this team is going to be playing in Halifax 8 weeks from now..
I give Hamilton one game

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Yes, the score matters. That's why Ottawa has 104 points to Peterborough's 70. Giving up 45 shots a game is not sustainable over a 7-game series even if Carey Price is in net.

Ottawa’s 104 point has nothing to do with the fact that the overrated 67s lost to the Petes. Also, there was no mention about a 7 game series so that point is completely irrelevant. And anyone with two brain cells (not you) knows that as long as the you score more goals than the other team, shots are just a number.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa’s 104 point has nothing to do with the fact that the overrated 67s lost to the Petes. Also, there was no mention about a 7 game series so that point is completely irrelevant. And anyone with two brain cells (not you) knows that as long as the you score more goals than the other team, shots are just a number.

When there is an imbalance in shots, it “typically” means one opponent more than likely outplayed the other. As you pointed out, shots don’t really matter, only the scoreboard; however, you shouldn’t pump your chest out if your team is outplayed and your goalie is the first star. A win is a win is a win. I agree. But, let’s be honest, even the most outstanding teams through the course of history lose games. No one goes undefeated. Many teams win as underdogs. It happens all the time. Heck, even SSM lost last year with 116 points!

The Petes, as I have mentioned, have a strong team. They should have finished higher. I don’t know why they didn’t but that’s Junior hockey for ya. Predictably unpredictable. Oshawa was going down that same road until they completely shook things up at the deadline.

Best of luck in round one. It looks like Sudbury or Oshawa for the Petes. I have to admit I am very scared of UPL and the Wolves. I’d rather play Oshawa. No disrespect to OShawa but UPL just flat out scares me. We just saw the last two games what a goalie can do when hot and UPL is probably the best goalie in his age group in the World right now. I doubt the Petes get out of round one but it would be a fun 2nd round matchup for sure if you do manage to pull off the upset!

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Yo Babypole9, you know that the score matters not the shots, right?
Yes and that is how you get 104 points as opposed to 70. The big W's.

The Petes goaltenders were great the last two nights and really secured your points. Ottawa has not been playing well for some time and team chemistry seems to be lacking. Need to turn it around quickly.

Anyway good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Bet you are happy not facing Peterborough in round one.

As a 67's fan I'd be fine with it. History shows that regular season head to head anomalies don't matter much come the playoffs. It's also a proven fact that you can't get outshot 2 to 1 every night and win a seven game series. You may win one, maybe two if your luck really holds up, but eventually the odds catch up to you.

Reactions: BarberPole9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad