Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Also, for me the micro interactions btwn JT Miller/Lindholm and 97 are staring to catch up with 97.

-Leaning on 97 after the face off. Carrying a 200 lb person on you while being bent over even for a few seconds is exhausting.

-Constantly being in front of 97 and slowing him down which causes him to explode to the side to get around them. Uses a ton of energy.

- Constantly getting 'tangled' up with 97 causing him to use a lot of energy to distance himself from them uses a lot of energy.

- Having Soucy, Myers and Zad lean on him during board battles. Nightmare to carry a 240lb person on you while you try to dislodge a puck.

Theyre really making him earn him space and mucking it up with him every chance they can. Other than the PP Connor is playing very hard minutes. If the Oilers can win thats a hell of a showing. He has 6-8 players weighing 200lb-250lb people leaning, pulling and hitting him.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Also, for me the micro interactions btwn JT Miller/Lindholm and 97 are staring to catch up with 97.

-Leaning on 97 after the face off. Carrying a 200 lb person on you while being bent over even for a few seconds is exhausting.

-Constantly being in front of 97 and slowing him down which causes him to explode to the side to get around them. Uses a ton of energy.

- Constantly getting 'tangled' up with 97 causing him to use a lot of energy to distance himself from them uses a lot of energy.

- Having Soucy, Myers and Zad lean on him during board battles. Nightmare to carry a 240lb person on you while you try to dislodge a puck.

Theyre really making him earn him space and mucking it up with him every chance they can. Other than the PP Connor is playing very hard minutes. If the Oilers can win thats a hell of a showing. He has 6-8 players weighing 200lb-250lb people leaning, pulling and hitting him.
That’s a lot of words to say McDavid is struggling in a physical series

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Loving Tocchet’s and the coaching staffs adjustments. Too many passengers in game 5.
Taking out vets like Mikheyev and Lafferty and putting in some fresh legs with Hoglander, Podzolkin and DiGuiseppe was huge. Two goals scored by the 4th line.
And whatever they’re doing on the PK is night and day. Way more aggressive. Oilers had 3 shots on 5 PP’s.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Fun?! You think this is fun?!

Haha… My wife tells me I’m a toxic person to watch a hockey game with in the playoffs, and it isn’t fun at all. I was thinking that last night as I was screaming at the ice in the first, is this really the definition of fun? Haha.

I guess that’s the plight of being a passionate hockey fan.
My best moment was a best on best Olympics and khabibulin stopped dopita On a sure goal. I had a Ikea coffee table made out of particle wood. That thing got split in half. For some reason my wife doesn't like watching with me either.lol

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
But its not the big hits or scrums or fights. Its an ongoing slow withdrawal of energy from him every time he's on the ice and I gave examples

Did you find the reading overwhelming? To big of a paragraph?
Simplify things:

McDavid is struggling against a physical team, he’s been physically dominated for 5 games now

Rydgar

Jul 15, 2010
Surrey, BC
Last I checked the Poll was

1. Oilers in 7
2. Nucks in 6
3. Nucks in 7

2 of the top 3 were Nucks winning yet I keep reading about what underdogs the Nucks are and how everyone thinks it'll be a sweep.
That's because people changed their vote or voted after the series went along. I recall before the series began Oilers in 6 and 7 polled higher than any canucks win. I believe oilers in 5 might've even been 4th.

Last edited:
Reactions: Szechwan and bh53

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
That's because people changed their vote or voted after the series went along.
I noticed that on game 1. Most common votes were 6 or 7 games and split pretty evenly. Then I keep reading oilers fans thought they'd sweep them... Which I actually didn't see.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Last I checked the Poll was

1. Oilers in 7
2. Nucks in 6
3. Nucks in 7

2 of the top 3 were Nucks winning yet I keep reading about what underdogs the Nucks are and how everyone thinks it'll be a sweep.
Peope changing their vote, either fan base thinking this would be an easy series are just silly

Reactions: quat and Czechboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad