Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
The Petes were able to do it by clean but hard hits. Every time they went into the boards with you they made sure you felt it. They took a lot of penalties in the first 2 games but Kingston was built primarily for speed and not the body.

It took its toll in the long run.

Kington had only one real line to play against so it was relatively easy.

Last edited:

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
Of course, they need to take it one game, one period, one shift at a time and give 110%, hard both ways, play until the end, don't let your foot off the gas until the whistle blows, ain't over til it's over...

BUT

Imagine this scenario:
Round 1, 67's defeat Hamilton BullDOGS
Round 2, 67's defeat Sudbury WOLVES
Round 3, 67's defeat Niagara IceDOGS
Round 4, 67's defeat Soo GreyHOUNDS

At least conceivable that this could be their route to a possible title. I think it's meant to be. Then for the Mem Cup they can trade their cowboy hats in for dog costumes.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
I'm not one to make predictions but...

There seems to be a pattern where the underdog in a series, after falling behind 2-0 on the road, plays their best game in game 3 at home (see Peterborough last night), whether that is due to the home crowd, sleeping in your own bed, whatever, and then struggles in game 4.

I feel like Hamilton played their best game last night and Ottawa will earn the sweep tonight.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I'm not one to make predictions but...

There seems to be a pattern where the underdog in a series, after falling behind 2-0 on the road, plays their best game in game 3 at home (see Peterborough last night), whether that is due to the home crowd, sleeping in your own bed, whatever, and then struggles in game 4.

I feel like Hamilton played their best game last night and Ottawa will earn the sweep tonight.

I wouldn't bet against it. Ideally we get the sweep over Missy tonight to be able to match the break you guys get. Will be interesting for both of us to get a week of rest and time to get injured guys back (DeMeo for us, not sure if the 67s have injuries as well right now).

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
D2snVyjW0AMJCZp.jpg

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
That was a nice, clean series. The team is playing well and is looking very deep right now. Sudbury is going to be a tough series, let's win the first two at home and make them press when they get back up north.

Any idea when the series will start? Thinking next Wednesday or Thursday here in Ottawa?

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
That was a nice, clean series. The team is playing well and is looking very deep right now. Sudbury is going to be a tough series, let's win the first two at home and make them press when they get back up north.

Any idea when the series will start? Thinking next Wednesday or Thursday here in Ottawa?
We’re amazing up north here in Sudbury

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Kenny Walls of TSN 1200, who is pretty plugged into the team, seemed to suggest Fri. Apr. 5 and Sun. Apr. 7 for Games 1 and 2. Makes sense, as the 67s would want to open on a weekend to maximize attendance.

Mild Italian

Oct 3, 2017

Games will be Friday and Sunday

Reactions: BarberPole9

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Interesting little tidbit after the first round...

Ottawa had 12 different scorers in the series. Two names not included:
Austin Keating
Tye Felhaber

Reactions: Drop the Puck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad