Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
There's an old adage in hockey that goes, " you need to learn to lose before you can learn to win". Do you think that last year's run of 5 playoff games is enough playoff experience to "somewhat" empty the cupboards picking up players for an all in year?
Ottawa looks to be cresting the development cycle but to me it looks like this season would be the year to make a decent push and see what happens. Next year, with the added playoff experience and "having learnt to lose," would be the all in year.

You can't just pick and choose your windows.

This season we will graduate:
Felhaber
Keating
Chemelevski
Hoefenmeyer

We also have FIVE 2nd round picks in the 2019 draft.

Everything is lined up for this season. I'm not discounting next season but those are 9 significant assets we won't have next year.

If the 67s were to consider your proposal, they'd have to switch over to being a seller and push assets forward meaning they'd have to deal the 2nds in 2019 for picks in 2020 and later and sell Hoefenmeyer and Chmelevski at the deadline so at least they have significant assets moving forward to help the push next year.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Will be making a trip out to the nations capital for only the 2nd time in the last 19 seasons.

Wondering if there will be any 67's posters on here that will be in attendance for the Attack/67's game on the Dec.15th

PM me if there there any posters on here that will be at TDP for that game.

AS,

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
You can't just pick and choose your windows.
Please don't misunderstand what I am saying; Ottawa has a very good team and with additions could make a run for the mem cup. My point was, don't break the bank and empty cupboards to do it.
History has shown that for the most part it takes a team having a strong playoff run but falling short to learn what is needed to make it to the top. Ottawa doesn't have a team with that playoff experience or disappointment.

Sep 24, 2018
It takes a team to play like a team and some lucky bounces to win playoff games
I think this team will rise to the occasion and they are acquiring a very good work ethic in my opinion. Winning is also believing you can and I don’t think we really focus enough attention on the mental aspect which I believe this team excels at.
Just my opinion take it or leave it. And yes I am bias.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Please don't misunderstand what I am saying; Ottawa has a very good team and with additions could make a run for the mem cup. My point was, don't break the bank and empty cupboards to do it.
History has shown that for the most part it takes a team having a strong playoff run but falling short to learn what is needed to make it to the top. Ottawa doesn't have a team with that playoff experience or disappointment.

trade for a cool 19 yr old G like Propp; and Saigeon, he knows what it takes to win & lead.
And still have lots of assets left for one last piece and a 2nd run next season

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
Will be making a trip out to the nations capital for only the 2nd time in the last 19 seasons.

Wondering if there will be any 67's posters on here that will be in attendance for the Attack/67's game on the Dec.15th

PM me if there there any posters on here that will be at TDP for that game.

AS,

Make sure you bring a Teddy Bear as it is Teddy Bear Toss game.

Reactions: AttackSound

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
Where do you rank Jack Quinn, Colby Ambrosio and Cameron Tolnai?

(You aren’t asking me but I’ll weigh in anyways:) Quinn projects , just based on what we’ve seen so far this season, as a 4th or 5th? rounder. Likely earlier IF he can get faster. Tolnai, again just based on what I’ve seen so far, would go undrafted.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
This is a team that is ready for a cup run not just this year but next year as well. Rossi will be in his draft year and will have a little more size and experience

Tolnai should be a good player next year let's face it so far he has had to lay behind some pretty good talent. The season after the break will tell us.
Andree will be seasoned for a playoff and hopefully, Cranley will be ready next year.

We do not need a 19-year-old goalie what we need is an OA that can fill the slot or a player that will not be back.

Yes, we lose a lot of talent but we will also have some talent that I think can step up next year.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
This is a team that is ready for a cup run not just this year but next year as well. Rossi will be in his draft year and will have a little more size and experience

Tolnai should be a good player next year let's face it so far he has had to lay behind some pretty good talent. The season after the break will tell us.
Andree will be seasoned for a playoff and hopefully, Cranley will be ready next year.

We do not need a 19-year-old goalie what we need is an OA that can fill the slot or a player that will not be back.

Yes, we lose a lot of talent but we will also have some talent that I think can step up next year.

I can get behind this if the right players become available. I'm totally fine with Saigeon and Villata especially if all it costs us is four of the five 2nd round picks and a couple thirds.

I agree about Tolnai. Like many 16 year old rookies, the first half season is all about trying to fit in, learn a whole new league and find your feet mentally. Once you get through the first half and hit the new year, things tend to change. Confidence builds and the coaches usually give a little more rope especially if the team is starting to drop with some injuries. Time wears on a lot of players, more three in threes leads to more ice. With that ice comes more experience etc.

I don't really think we should worry about next year until next year. We need to concern ourselves about this year. We have players that have worked really hard to get into position this year and we owe it to them to concentrate on this year.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Niagara has a long way to go to be in the Eastern Conference final lol

Who knows what will happen. All we can say now is it looks like Ottawa is comfortable in 1st. That means Oshawa is likely the odds on favourite for 3rd seed even though the Pete's have been good. If Niagara wins their division, which they should, it may set up a really cool 2nd round series with Oshawa and Niagara. That would be a great series I think.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Is this correct, Ottawa sent only what 14?, or was it 15 player (+2 goalies) roster up to Kingston to play against the Fronts?. Nuts.
Yet they are still leading the game after 2 periods....i knew Fronts are having a bad season, but damn!.

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
Who knows what will happen. All we can say now is it looks like Ottawa is comfortable in 1st. That means Oshawa is likely the odds on favourite for 3rd seed even though the Pete's have been good. If Niagara wins their division, which they should, it may set up a really cool 2nd round series with Oshawa and Niagara. That would be a great series I think.
Sudbury will finish above the petes IMHO . 4th sets us up with Ottawa but who knows. We could maybe get 3rd

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Is this correct, Ottawa sent only what 14?, or was it 15 player (+2 goalies) roster up to Kingston to play against the Fronts?. Nuts.
Yet they are still leading the game after 2 periods....i knew Fronts are having a bad season, but damn!.
Yeah we have a bit of the injury bug. Also we've stuck with a 12 forward/6D roster most of year. Belanger/Crete get called up at need but they prefer they get minutes in tier two which I agree with. We've been 15/16 for five games now. We need some bodies back or guys will get tired later.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Yeah we have a bit of the injury bug. Also we've stuck with a 12 forward/6D roster most of year. Belanger/Crete get called up at need but they prefer they get minutes in tier two which I agree with. We've been 15/16 for five games now. We need some bodies back or guys will get tired later.

Thanks for this info.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
4 for 4 on the PP. WOW.
Good stat but keep in mind who it was against. One thing I just thought of was the advantage of having a weak sister in your division, in fact throw in Hamilton (especially after the deadline) and you have two. How many times do you guys play the Fronts? Eight? That’s sixteen points and likely at least 12 against Hamilton.
Teams in the Central don’t have that luxury this year.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Good stat but keep in mind who it was against. One thing I just thought of was the advantage of having a weak sister in your division, in fact throw in Hamilton (especially after the deadline) and you have two. How many times do you guys play the Fronts? Eight? That’s sixteen points and likely at least 12 against Hamilton.
Teams in the Central don’t have that luxury this year.

But to be fair, Ottawa had to Kingston and Hamilton 8 times each last year as well when both were powerhouse teams.

It's cyclical as we know. Only ones that might complain are those in the division with London who seemingly has a top team every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad