Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
These are the goalies that may be available in a trade

DiPietro, Michael - definitely the class of the field

Raaymakers, Joseph
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
London likes to laton so not sure if he is available
Bonello, Brendan plays for the Fronts what would he be like on a team with defence
Nick Donofrio Hamilton is looking to rebuild decent player that could platoon
Luke Cavallin Emanuel Vella both are Flint hard to say what they would do on a real team.

I left Villa from SSM off because it looks like they are going to be competitive and they have no other goalie that they can rely on.

Reactions: LDN

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
These are the goalies that may be available in a trade

DiPietro, Michael - definitely the class of the field

Raaymakers, Joseph
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
London likes to laton so not sure if he is available
Bonello, Brendan plays for the Fronts what would he be like on a team with defence
Nick Donofrio Hamilton is looking to rebuild decent player that could platoon
Luke Cavallin Emanuel Vella both are Flint hard to say what they would do on a real team.

I left Villa from SSM off because it looks like they are going to be competitive and they have no other goalie that they can rely on.
Beast I get your point that Andree is good and you don't want to mess with team chemistry and have been enjoying the back and forth between you andOMG but have to side with the latter. If you can get DP for a reasonable price and I emphasize reasonable you have to do it. As good as Andree has been he is not DP ....at this point! Andree can be our guy for two years and he's a quality kid he would understand. Of course to agree with you you give him 1/3 of games so DP is fresh and Andree is ready ..just in case.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The 'Prospects' program (bring your kid for free if you pay as an adult) ended last season. 67's have a new Minor Hockey Experience package that cost $1,000 for 100 tickets. I'm not saying there aren't freebies in various forms but the free kids thing is dead.

Thank the Lord. I may go back afterall!

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Sirius, You misread my post. What I was showing was that after Dipietro there really is not a lot of depth for available goalies. I have agreed with OMG that if the price is right we have to get him. My concern is the price

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Sirius, You misread my post. What I was showing was that after Dipietro there really is not a lot of depth for available goalies. I have agreed with OMG that if the price is right we have to get him. My concern is the price

Yup, not a lot of depth. At least if Villata or Raymaakers were made available, there would be a 2nd option.

We'll see what happens.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Sorry Beast was interpreting it in the context of the discussion you and OMG have been having about going all in this year versus a more balanced approach to be competitive every year. I do now see your point that beyond Dipietro its a bit iffy. That being said to put in my two cents, considering we still have a relatively young team (1 20y.o , 519 y.o two of which are OA candidates) and the cupboard of picks we have and potential other picks reporting ( this is a wildcard) I do think we can go for it this year and be competitive for years if the right moves are made.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
Windsor, On
If you are going for it, it is all in or nothing. Teams that were exceptionally good have fallen short, as they were missing a certain piece. DiPietro is the goalie required to solidify that position!

It is very disappointing to fall short, just ask the Knights.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Goalies like DiPietro are rarely available; so, that option has to be tried. But if the rumoured cost of a player & 8-2nds is the actual asking price, let Rychel try to work his magic with Guelph or Saginaw.
I think the ideal (secondary) option is Propp. He is very capable of a 0.910+ SV%, could return most of the cost in a trade as an OA, and appears to have a great attitude. He certainly looks like he is having a good time in a 50/50 time share, yucking it up with teammates and chirping the other team while on the bench. I think Propp would be a bit of an upgrade while not commanding enough starts to harm Andree’s development; and most importantly, add to the team chemistry.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
67's beat Sarnia 8-4

1ST 11:11 #71 Kody Clark (8) scores. Assists: #8 Sasha Chmelevski, #18 Hudson Wilson

1ST 16:29 #9 Austen Keating (11) scores. Assists: #2 Noel Hoefenmayer, #8 Sasha Chmelevski Power Play

2ND 2:12 #29 Tye Felhaber (25) scores. Assists: #9 Austen Keating

3RD 0:33 #6 Merrick Rippon (2) scores. Assists: #8 Sasha Chmelevski

3RD 1:00 #9 Austen Keating (12) scores. Assists: #13 Sam Bitten, #26 Alec Belanger

3RD 3:36 #13 Sam Bitten (7) scores. Assists: #2 Noel Hoefenmayer

3RD 5:03 #71 Kody Clark (9) scores. Assists: #13 Sam Bitten, #88 Kevin Bahl

3RD 10:08 #8 Sasha Chmelevski (9) scores. Assists: #26 Alec Belanger

Rookie Alec Belanger picked up his first 2 OHL points and got into a scrap with 20 yr. old Franco Sproviero

Sash Chemeleski has moved into the top 20 in OHL scoring, i think on the broadcast they said he had 14 points in his last 6 games

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
If you are going for it, it is all in or nothing. Teams that were exceptionally good have fallen short, as they were missing a certain piece. DiPietro is the goalie required to solidify that position!

It is very disappointing to fall short, just ask the Knights.

That is the problem I see with the OHL teams that have gone all in and missed have not done well. I disagree about London though.
Hunters have done a good job of developing a team that year in and year out is competitive and fun to watch on the ice. That to me is a good system. They rarely get into these big trade needs because they are able to draft and develop.

This team reminds me of teams from the past like Templeton, Killers, Peterborough used to have the chemistry that every year they were a competitive team that could be counted on for exciting hockey.

That to me is a great franchise and a well-managed team.

You do not go all in and trade for 6 players or such to make your team competitive. You look for the one or 2 small p[ieces that you need

Dipietro IMNSHO fills 2 of the things this team needs he gives us the goalie we need to allow Andree to get some rest and he gives this team some leadership from a player that has been in the big games.
The question is what price. There is no one in the East that needs him. There really is no one in the wet that could use him.
London is too powerful at this point.

It will be interesting to see who makes the deal or does Rychel stay with what he has for a playoff run.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I’m just going to put this out there.

I had a feeling Chmelevski would break out soon and he has. HE had a slow start last year too I believe.

But, here’s the problem. It looks like he started to break out when Clarke went down with injury and Bitten slid into that slot. On the surface, you can suggest thats great because if you keep Bitten there it allows us to drop Clarke to the third line and add some depth there. I’ve said that Clarke seems very one dimensional. He’s a sniper that requires some sort of help getting the puck. So, was it Clarke that was just not a good fit with Chmelevski? Can Clarke be a good fit with Hoelscher who is a much better digger of the puck?

When the team is back healthy in the New Year, you have to assume Rossi will resume his duties between Felhaber and Keating. Chmelevski will probably stay with Clark and Bitten. That leaves Hoelscher with Clarke and Quinn? What about an addition? Say, Saigeon between Quinn and Clark with Hoelscher as the 4th line centre?

To me, Clarke is expendable. I don’t “want” to see him go but I think there is room for him to move on. I am not sold on him as I feel he is too one dimensional. he doesn’t skate particularly well so he will probably never find his own ice so he will rely on his linemates to open the ice for him. ORiginally I thought maybe he could be like a Toffoli type but Tyler skated well and worked for his own ice.

If we do need to move a player, I think Clarke is the guy. The only problem is he is 17 and he has a no trade. I highly doubt he would waive it this year.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I’m just going to put this out there.

I had a feeling Chmelevski would break out soon and he has. HE had a slow start last year too I believe.

But, here’s the problem. It looks like he started to break out when Clarke went down with injury and Bitten slid into that slot. On the surface, you can suggest thats great because if you keep Bitten there it allows us to drop Clarke to the third line and add some depth there. I’ve said that Clarke seems very one dimensional. He’s a sniper that requires some sort of help getting the puck. So, was it Clarke that was just not a good fit with Chmelevski? Can Clarke be a good fit with Hoelscher who is a much better digger of the puck?

When the team is back healthy in the New Year, you have to assume Rossi will resume his duties between Felhaber and Keating. Chmelevski will probably stay with Clark and Bitten. That leaves Hoelscher with Clarke and Quinn? What about an addition? Say, Saigeon between Quinn and Clark with Hoelscher as the 4th line centre?

To me, Clarke is expendable. I don’t “want” to see him go but I think there is room for him to move on. I am not sold on him as I feel he is too one dimensional. he doesn’t skate particularly well so he will probably never find his own ice so he will rely on his linemates to open the ice for him. ORiginally I thought maybe he could be like a Toffoli type but Tyler skated well and worked for his own ice.

If we do need to move a player, I think Clarke is the guy. The only problem is he is 17 and he has a no trade. I highly doubt he would waive it this year.
Agreed that Bitten has worked out well with Chem and if he continues to play like that deserves to stay there. Also agree as you know about Saigeon, been harping to get him since he was returned. I still say we had another forward as an example Maksimovich. As for Clarke I don't think he's as one dimensionnal as you make him out to be. His skating although not elite has improved, he's imo a good stickhandler and underrated passer. Defensively and along the boards he's much more competitive this year and he should get stronger. I'd be very careful in terms of letting him go unless the return is spectacular. Those hands are gold OMG and he's gonna score lots of goals the next two years. So assuming Saigeon/ Maksimovich are acquired. I'd put our second line as Bitten,chem,Maks and our third wth Saigeon, Clark and Quinn. Fourth line of yule,Hoelscher,Clarke as I agree Clarke with Hoelscher would be a good fit. As you see I put Clark on third line as to me he is a bit of a disappointment. Lacks vision and playmaking imo and not a great fit with Chem. But I see a good fit with a physical center like Saigeon, they would be hard to play against. Just my two cents.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I think at this stage there will be no Ottawa trades until Boyd gets a definite answer and has a final deal or no deal with Windsor. Many of the picks or pieces that we would need for either of the 2 forwards will be needed in the DiPietro deal if it happens.

I have also read that London is also looking at Saigon.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I think at this stage there will be no Ottawa trades until Boyd gets a definite answer and has a final deal or no deal with Windsor. Many of the picks or pieces that we would need for either of the 2 forwards will be needed in the DiPietro deal if it happens.

I have also read that London is also looking at Saigon.

They have more than enough assets to acquire an OA forward without a need to worry about DiPietro.

Besides, if the rumour of eight 2nds is true for DiPietro then the cost is too great. I'm down to go all in but not at silly ridiculous costs.

For eight 2nds we should be able to get two forwards and a PP QB comprising of two OA's and a 19 year old. I don't think we need two forwards if we aren't deleting a current top 9 forward anyway.

To me, if OS makes Durzi available and Hamilton makes Saigeon available, then those two would upgrade us enough to reasonably fight for a Championship. DiPietro would give us much more breathing room but those other two pieces would be a reasonable substitute upgrade if DiPietro doesn't happen.

Puckit97

Apr 8, 2017
Question for 67's fans, how set is Hoefenmayer as an import in your line-up this season as a contending team? I dont know much about him but was wondering if the 67s will look to upgrade the import slot.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Question for 67's fans, how set is Hoefenmayer as an import in your line-up this season as a contending team? I dont know much about him but was wondering if the 67s will look to upgrade the import slot.

I will assume you are referring to Okhotyuk, not Hoefenmayer. I don't see Ottawa looking to improve on the Import position. The only way we potentially see a transaction involving an Import is if Ottawa really feels they need a goalie and the only real viable option is UPL n Sudbury and even that would be a surprise to me.

Puckit97

Apr 8, 2017
I will assume you are referring to Okhotyuk, not Hoefenmayer. I don't see Ottawa looking to improve on the Import position. The only way we potentially see a transaction involving an Import is if Ottawa really feels they need a goalie and the only real viable option is UPL n Sudbury and even that would be a surprise to me.

Yeah that’s what I meant. Not sure how I messed that one up. But thanks for answering my question. Erie is likely going to try and move poddubnyi and was wondering what the status was. Doesn’t seem to be a fit for the 67s.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
There's an old adage in hockey that goes, " you need to learn to lose before you can learn to win". Do you think that last year's run of 5 playoff games is enough playoff experience to "somewhat" empty the cupboards picking up players for an all in year?
Ottawa looks to be cresting the development cycle but to me it looks like this season would be the year to make a decent push and see what happens. Next year, with the added playoff experience and "having learnt to lose," would be the all in year.

Kenny Chu

Aug 19, 2018
OMG 67 should be hired by the 67's. His posts are a whirlwind of upbraided intelligence!! Go sir, go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad