Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Hi from an Attack fan. Let's throw this potential deal out there, wondering what the 67's fans might think? These two quality players may indeed put the 67's over the top!!

To Ottawa; 98/C - #16 Hancock + 98/RD - #5 Durzi
To Owen Sound; 01/RW - Quinn + 01/LD Peric + MISS 2'nd/19 + WSR 2'nd/20 + OS 2'nd/21 + PBO 3'rd/19 + OS 3'rd/20 + SSM 3'rd/21

Quinn and Peric both have NTCs (high school) and both are key pieces now and for the future. Not happening.

I believe, and ask OMG ("Mr Value") to concur or not, that Ottawa, with a 14-point cushion in the East presently and a cupboard full of 2nd rounders, can afford to sit and wait as long as they please (until the deadline of course) to see what's available and, depending on injuries or other circumstances, make the deal they choose. That deal most likely will be additions at the cost of draft picks only. There's no need to make a trade, only the desire to enhance the lineup. Next to London, there is no other team currently in such a position of strength.

Last edited:

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Hi from an Attack fan. Let's throw this potential deal out there, wondering what the 67's fans might think? These two quality players may indeed put the 67's over the top!!

To Owen Sound; 01/RW - Quinn + 01/LD Peric + MISS 2'nd/19 + WSR 2'nd/20 + OS 2'nd/21 + PBO 3'rd/19 + OS 3'rd/20 + SSM 3'rd/21

...not to mention, I'm no GM nor am I OMG but, I'd not likely give Owen Sound the picks you listed for a few months of Hancock and Durzi (no offense to either of them - both quality players), never mind Quinn and Peric.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
If from what you are saying is to be true, then there most certainly will not be a deal struck with OS. We are need of quality young prospects as well as draft picks.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If from what you are saying is to be true, then there most certainly will not be a deal struck with OS. We are need of quality young prospects as well as draft picks.

A good ‘01 F and a good ‘01 D plus a 2nd & 3rd in each of the next three drafts is an obscene amount to ask for two OA, even if they are both among the best 3-4 available at their positions.
One & four picks; or, six picks over 4-5 seasons is more reasonable for Durzi & Hancock. (add to pick total if asking for some 4,5,6)

Reactions: BarberPole9

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

The established return for a high end OA skater is two 2nds, a 3rd and a mid round pick.

With Ottawa's depth on picks it makes no sense for Ottawa at this point to go outside that box.

If Ottawa were to make either of Quinn or Peric available, they'd probably get a similar return as the top flight OA. So, if we equate everything back to draft pick value, it would be Hancock and Durzi for Quinn and Peric with no picks included. Ottawa wouldn't do it and I couldn't see either of Peric or Quinn waiving their no trade clauses to move to Opwen Sound when they will both play a significant role on this team again next season.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
OMG

I have to correct you AGAIN There is an OHL GM/owner that would make that deal. KINGSTON look at what Agnew and his Gilmour puppet have done to that team. If they thought it could put them n the playoffs for 2 games they would make the deal.

As to Ottawa SSM lost again last night. Miss lost so both of these teams may be getting closer to being a seller. It might be worth kicking the tires on Ingram or Vitala. At least it would make Rychel open his eyes.

Can you imagine if he does not deal Dipietro? Windsor fans will kill him.

Again though I think that deal for DiPietro is done and it is just a case of waiting until the WJC to confirm a couple of pieces and his health.

Reactions: sirius67fan

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
OMG

I have to correct you AGAIN There is an OHL GM/owner that would make that deal. KINGSTON look at what Agnew and his Gilmour puppet have done to that team. If they thought it could put them n the playoffs for 2 games they would make the deal.

As to Ottawa SSM lost again last night. Miss lost so both of these teams may be getting closer to being a seller. It might be worth kicking the tires on Ingram or Vitala. At least it would make Rychel open his eyes.

Can you imagine if he does not deal Dipietro? Windsor fans will kill him.

Again though I think that deal for DiPietro is done and it is just a case of waiting until the WJC to confirm a couple of pieces and his health.

I stand corrected. I guess you are right. Maybe there is a stupid GM out there that would dramatically over pay. Clearly that is what WR is waiting for.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I stand corrected. I guess you are right. Maybe there is a stupid GM out there that would dramatically over pay. Clearly that is what WR is waiting for.

LOL

As long as Agnew owns the Fronts there will always be a stupid GM owner out there

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
LOL

As long as Agnew owns the Fronts there will always be a stupid GM owner out there

Clearly you have a personal reason for your hate on the fronts. Between Kelly as GM and Varaday & McFarland as coaches, KGN has had their best teams in decades; and, Kelly is on track to have the team rebuilt much, much quicker than many predicted. In just a few months, Kelly has added seven players born 2000-01 and several picks. He still has five ‘99s and possibly another in Villardi that can be OA and/or traded

Last edited:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Clearly you have a personal reason for your hate on the fronts. Between Kelly as GM and Varaday & McFarland as coaches, KGN has had their best teams in decades; and, Kelly is on track to have the team rebuilt much, much quicker than many predicted. In just a few months, Kelly has added seven players born 2000-01 and several picks. He still has five ‘99s and possibly another in Villardi that can be OA and/or traded

:laugh:

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Ottawa could beat this offer no problem. The original leak was so unbelievable that they needed to put some smoke out there that could possibly be true ;)

Ottawa can't match that offer as they're not going to give up any roster players. They could beat it if they sweeten the pick pot ALOT.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If I am Boyd and Windsor has Bertuzzi in tow, there is no way I match that offer. I try to pry Villata away from SSM for less than half that amount or run with Andree and take my chances. Use three 2nds and three 3rds and pick up a couple skaters.

Reactions: windsor7

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa can't match that offer as they're not going to give up any roster players. They could beat it if they sweeten the pick pot ALOT.

I can’t see it. Tag Bertuzzi is probably worth at least three 2nds and a couple 3rds. That would mean the cost would be five 2nds and four 3rds plus a couple other pieces and that is just to match value.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
OMG I stand corrected there are 2 owners managers that fit into the category.

The chance with Dipietro of Guelph knocking off London or SSM is not that great.

Let Wsr make the deal and see what happens. The one guy that has to be happy with the deal is Andree. Although i am sure he would like someone to take part of the load. As to Bertuzzi his stats don't show much so not sure how big a piece he is.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
OMG I stand corrected there are 2 owners managers that fit into the category.

The chance with Dipietro of Guelph knocking off London or SSM is not that great.

Let Wsr make the deal and see what happens. The one guy that has to be happy with the deal is Andree. Although i am sure he would like someone to take part of the load. As to Bertuzzi his stats don't show much so not sure how big a piece he is.

Dirty12

I see you are fairly new so i will give you the benefit of the doubt. My question though is when was the last time Kingston developed a first-round pick other than Crouse who benefitted fro will not the Gilmour Agnew show.

The fronts as an organization keep screwing it up. As to why I have a no like for them it is simple. I grew up a Canadians fan and watched the franchise go to hell because of people like Agnew, mavety and Gilmour.

As a 67 fan, I would love a good Kingston time year in and year out. That is a battle that brings the fans out and gets people excited.

Wish I was new :) I can vividly remember great plays by Foligno, Carlyle, Verbeek, and being crushed when learning McCourt was not wolves property.
Things have changed in Kingston since Mavety and first few years of Gilmour. With Kelly as the GM, the teams have been good; and, the coaching great. McFarland & Varaday graduated to the pro coaching ranks quickly.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013

Kingston has had their best teams in decades but only because they have traded for them

Kingston has since it became agnews toy a record of going all in one year and sucking for 5. They do not and have not developed any 1st round picks save for Crouse who was Gills boy.

Talk to the oldtimers those that went to the M Center.

Talk people that used to p[opulate Fronts talk and ask them or ask those on the Kingston thread they know me and why i am so upset.

Draft picks in Kingston are a waste of time because they do not know how to develop players. How many first round Kingston draft picks are on the team? 1 this years. and the season is not over.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Kingston has had their best teams in decades but only because they have traded for them

Kingston has since it became agnews toy a record of going all in one year and sucking for 5. They do not and have not developed any 1st round picks save for Crouse who was Gills boy.

Talk to the oldtimers those that went to the M Center.

Talk people that used to p[opulate Fronts talk and ask them or ask those on the Kingston thread they know me and why i am so upset.

Draft picks in Kingston are a waste of time because they do not know how to develop players. How many first round Kingston draft picks are on the team? 1 this years. and the season is not over.

Actually, two seasons separated the all-in years for Kingston; 2015-16 being Kelly’s first year as GM...have to trade away 1st picks when there is a shortage of picks to use. Barrie has developed only a few 1st picks over the decade of Ford & Hawerchuk, but they win a lot.
I did talk to some old timers while attending almost all fronts games after January 15. There was concern about the future; but, they were quite happy with the teams of the last few years.

Last edited:

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
https://thehockeywriters.com/who-could-win-michael-dipietro-sweepstakes/

A very well thought out and presented article. Based on this, what I have heard and my gut feeling, DiPietro will NOT be dealt to the 67's unless the roster players come out of the deal. It seems highly unlikely either Clarke or Tolnai would waive their NTCs to leave a contender. Clarke especially, being a local. Tolnai might, to see if a change in scenery would benefit him.

Recent Ottawa players to waive NTCs for a change of scenery, Peter Stratis and Carter Robertson, have moved on to be exactly what they were: decent, serviceable OHL defensemen. Stratis, picked 1-11 in 2016, has 47 pts in 142 games and is a career -12. Roberston, picked 2-30 in 2016, has 32 pts in 132 games and is a career -24. What is it they say about a leopard not changing his spots?

Having said that, I hope Tolnai, who has some Ottawa connections as well, sticks it out and finds his groove. Furthermore, I believe Tourigny and Boyd are tip-toeing very carefully so as not to upset, which I've heard from many sources, is an extraordinary chemistry.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Having said that, with Kody Clark out (UBI in Kingston game), Chmelevski and Bahl both on WJC radars, Graeme Clarke out and Marco Rossi not set to return until the New Year, Boyd may have to spend some draft capital to pick up a couple of OAs just to ice a lineup in December.

Sep 24, 2018
From today’s game day line up we desperately need the 2 over age spots filled with the best available players.
Let’s roll with Andree and forget the goalie crap all together.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
https://thehockeywriters.com/who-could-win-michael-dipietro-sweepstakes/

A very well thought out and presented article. Based on this, what I have heard and my gut feeling, DiPietro will NOT be dealt to the 67's unless the roster players come out of the deal. It seems highly unlikely either Clarke or Tolnai would waive their NTCs to leave a contender. Clarke especially, being a local. Tolnai might, to see if a change in scenery would benefit him.

Recent Ottawa players to waive NTCs for a change of scenery, Peter Stratis and Carter Robertson, have moved on to be exactly what they were: decent, serviceable OHL defensemen. Stratis, picked 1-11 in 2016, has 47 pts in 142 games and is a career -12. Roberston, picked 2-30 in 2016, has 32 pts in 132 games and is a career -24. What is it they say about a leopard not changing his spots?

Having said that, I hope Tolnai, who has some Ottawa connections as well, sticks it out and finds his groove. Furthermore, I believe Tourigny and Boyd are tip-toeing very carefully so as not to upset, which I've heard from many sources, is an extraordinary chemistry.

IF there is a team willing to give a significant young player plus upwards of eitght draft picks then all the power to them. No goalie is worth that. I am saying this and I am probably the biggest DiPietro supporter out there for this team.

I’d be ok with any one of those top four (Tolnai, Clarke, Peric, or Quinn) being used in a trade but it would pretty much have to be a similar deal to the Konecny deal where we give up a player and four picks (two 2nds and two 3rds) but that is the absolute ceiling. Keep in mind that Konecny was an 18 year old and we had two conditional 2nds added but didn’t receive because of his early graduation.

I think this team can easily swallow the loss of one of those four players plus the picks and still be able to acquire another piece like Saigeon and solidify a roster that could position themselves to win a championship while not overly affecting their future. We could recoup a lot of that with a Bahl trade next year anyway if we weren’t in a stellar position to compete next year for some reason.

But, giving up one of those players PLUS five 2nds and three 3rds? Someone is smoking the pipe.

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
I would think Ottawa would want to make sure London doesn't get Nick Suzuki. Throw in Markus Phillip's.

What's that worth to Ottawa and are these two of interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad