Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I like the trade as I really felt We were missing a winger for Sasha.
It would be a nice to have if we did get a offencive defence man.
Our forwards are as good or better then Every team we will face.
I’m sure we will make it to the OHL final

I am not too sure about making it to the Final.

I think we are in a good position, don't get me wrong. But, teams like Niagara have improved quite a bit. We may have to face some really strong goaltending in round 2 against teams like Oshawa or Sudbury. UPL basically won the Gold Medal for Finland.

I think we need a forward and a D-Man if we really want to hedge our bets more. I think we are good enough to win the OHL Championship but not good enough to say we are a front runner. I think we are in the mix of about 4 or 5 teams now.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
You won’t be disappointed in that price for Mak.

I think it was great value for both teams. Mak is soooo underrated. He has tremendous IQ and the ability to make effortless passes and decisions. He’s a very unique player who can play with any type of forward.

Ottawa clearly wanted him over other OAs and they should have. Imo he was the best one available from a pure offensive standpoint. Wouldnt be shocked to see him rack up 1.75 PPG the rest of the way with you guys, especially if he gets PP time. Side bonus is his leadership and playoff experience

Hope you guys enjoy him and I’ll be rooting for your team now!
I think Oshawa picked up the best OA in Salinitri.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
I'd like to see the team add another strong Defenceman, who could return next year as an Overager. Somebody like Brady Lyle in Owen Sound or Jakob Brahaney in Kingston. Including young Belanger, the team should have at least 8 Defencemen going forward the rest of the year.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
That's a pretty bold statement. I have Hancock and Saigeon ahead of Salinitri at minimum. Durzi is ahead of him too if we include D-Men.
For a pure goal scorer Salinitri is the one - leads the league in short handed goals. I think he has at least 2 hat tricks since he got to Oshawa and playing for a better team.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I think Oshawa picked up the best OA in Salinitri.

Mak has managed the most consistent offensive production of any of those guys throughout their career. Salinitri is good but Mak is seriously a guy with a lot of pure skill. He won’t look at of place with nhl signed players. He’s smooth

I think you’ll love him. 23 points in his last 12 games on a bottom 4 team in Erie.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Will Ottawa fill their final OA spot? If so what position and who do you think it will be?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Will Ottawa fill their final OA spot? If so what position and who do you think it will be?

Really tough to say at this point. If you believe what Boyd and Tourigny have been saying, they like their team the way it is now they have added Maksimovich. I think they would like to get Barron back from Colorado (ECHL affiliate). they have hinted he may get returned but I don't see it happening. They may leave an OA spot open for him. Curiously, they have not named a captain this year and Barron was the captain last year so that may be a reason for them not naming a Captain. Who knows.

Again, I do believe them when they say they are good with what they have. If something falls into their lap that makes sense, I am sure they would look hard at it.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Erie fans taking the Maksimovich trade hard. He's genuine, knows how to find the back of the net, strong leader you name it. He owes Erie nothing as he's accomplished a lot. You've gained the support of Erie this offseason, hope to make the trip to Ottawa for a game this off season since Erie isn't making the swing back there during the regular season.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
By my tally we still have two seconds, two thirds for the coming draft on top of our first. With little space on our team next year we have too many unless we intend to take flyers on high end USkids. If we get a surprise commit like Ambrosio, Peterson we have even less room. I suspect one more move is coming.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
By my tally we still have two seconds, two thirds for the coming draft on top of our first. With little space on our team next year we have too many unless we intend to take flyers on high end USkids. If we get a surprise commit like Ambrosio, Peterson we have even less room. I suspect one more move is coming.
Worst case scenario you can then trade players like London does and dump off guys for more picks

Also, 2nd/3rd rounds aren’t all likely to make OHL rosters. Maybe 1 or 2 guys would compete, others could be sent to minors for development

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

This season we will continue with only Tolnai as 16 year olds on the 20 man first team list. Cranley was a backup, he’ll be gone. MAggio probably won’t play much and neither will Belanger.

Last year only Clarke played regularly with Peric the #7 D-Man.

Next year will see two open forward spots provided no previous draft picks crawl out of the woodwork. That is as much or more than the last two seasons....

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
WOW. Guelph may be in the drivers seat now. They picked up Entwistle on the weekend. Then they picked up Marcus Phillips and Fedor Gordeev later the same day. Now it looks like they will get Suzuki and Durzi tomorrow. That is quite the overhaul.

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
I am not too sure about making it to the Final.

I think we are in a good position, don't get me wrong. But, teams like Niagara have improved quite a bit. We may have to face some really strong goaltending in round 2 against teams like Oshawa or Sudbury. UPL basically won the Gold Medal for Finland.

I think we need a forward and a D-Man if we really want to hedge our bets more. I think we are good enough to win the OHL Championship but not good enough to say we are a front runner. I think we are in the mix of about 4 or 5 teams now.
I think you guys look very strong! DiPietro hasn't really even played yet. My prediction, Ottawa vs Guelph final!

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Mak has managed the most consistent offensive production of any of those guys throughout their career. Salinitri is good but Mak is seriously a guy with a lot of pure skill. He won’t look at of place with nhl signed players. He’s smooth

I think you’ll love him. 23 points in his last 12 games on a bottom 4 team in Erie.

Mak is very good, imo; and, has lots of playoff experience. But, Salintri is a better scorer, PK, faster in my view. The best OAs imo are Brazeau/Saigeon/Felhaber ... Mattinen? I’m less certain of Durzi being healthy rounds 3-4

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
WOW. Guelph may be in the drivers seat now. They picked up Entwistle on the weekend. Then they picked up Marcus Phillips and Fedor Gordeev later the same day. Now it looks like they will get Suzuki and Durzi tomorrow. That is quite the overhaul.
According to twitter reports the Attack/Storm deal was accomplished last night and sent to the league office for approval. What direction will Ottawa take in response if any?

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
According to twitter reports the Attack/Storm deal was accomplished last night and sent to the league office for approval. What direction will Ottawa take in response if any?
I'm still hoping they add one more but I really don't know what they're thinking at this point.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Les 67’s ajoutent à leur puissance

Another good article by our friend J-F Plante.

A good quote from Andre Tourigny regarding their deadline plans:
« Nous sommes en bonne position devant le filet et avec nos six défenseurs. Notre attaque est à notre goût. La seule chose qui pourrait arriver, c’est un échange pour aller chercher un défenseur d’expérience qui serait prêt à jouer le rôle de septième. Ce n’est pas évident à trouver et nous ne voulons pas payer trop cher non plus. »

Essentially, they are good at Goalie, with their top six D and with their Forwards. If they add, they would be looking at a 7th defenceman who could step in as needed but they don't want to pay too much for that player.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Personally I would hope they give their best effort to acquire Mattinen or Meireless. An extra D with good goal scoring ability is a no brainer or a good player who could be an OA next season as well.

Reactions: BarberPole9

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Personally I would hope they give their best effort to acquire Mattinen or Meireless. An extra D with good goal scoring ability is a no brainer or a good player who could be an OA next season as well.

For the small price that Mississauga paid yesterday for Nick Mchugh, he would have been a good pickup as a local, nearly point per game 19 year old who could be an overager next year.

Quite honestly though, it Barron returns they really don't have any room left in their top 12, and will have to scratch a good player every night when their corps is healthy.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I know that London did not have a lot of space but I find it interesting that SSM London and Ottawa are the teams that have done the least. I am not sure what Oshawa was doing they trade good players to Niagara a team the will probably meet in the playoffs and then trade for new players.
NB it seems did not get a good enough offer for Brazeau
Kingston is stuck so far with Villardi although that could change
Guelph seems to think they can buy their way into the finals but did not use many of their picks.

The bottom line is that the teams that were powerhouse in each conference still is. There are a couple of teams that may have added the right pieces only time will tell. I still like London's chances better than Guelph.

As to why we are not trading for an OA I can only assume the position is taken in a deal with Colorado.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
For the small price that Mississauga paid yesterday for Nick Mchugh, he would have been a good pickup as a local, nearly point per game 19 year old who could be an overager next year.

Quite honestly though, it Barron returns they really don't have any room left in their top 12, and will have to scratch a good player every night when their corps is healthy.

I am not too sure I care too much about that. As it stands now, if Tolnai loses his spot on the 4th line so be it. Same with Quinn Yule. Neither are considered impact right now.

I would do a Meireles trade 100%. He’d probably be back next year. Him Hoelscher and Bitten on the 3rd line (or 4th) would be a solid shut down line. They could stay together next year too!

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
I know that London did not have a lot of space but I find it interesting that SSM London and Ottawa are the teams that have done the least. I am not sure what Oshawa was doing they trade good players to Niagara a team the will probably meet in the playoffs and then trade for new players.
Guelph seems to think they can buy their way into the finals but did not use many of their picks.

The bottom line is that the teams that were powerhouse in each conference still is. There are a couple of teams that may have added the right pieces only time will tell. I still like London's chances better than Guelph.

As to why we are not trading for an OA I can only assume the position is taken in a deal with Colorado.

Ottawa has added the top goalie in the league and a top ten scorer for only draft picks and affiliated players- I couldn't be happier about the work that Andre Tourigny and James Boyd have done.

Given what our roster was pre-deadline I would rather have Dipietro and Maksimovich than Robertson and Studnicka in Niagara not to mention the fact that they gave up multiple big time young players and more picks than us.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

I absolutely LOVE what Oshawa has done. It was not only a brilliant plan but unbelievable execution. GM of the YEAR type stuff.

They had a good team this year but I was saying they were missing something. So, they sacrifice this year for next, right? WRONG. They just change the mix. They trade Studnicka and Brassard but they bring in NEumann, Saigeon and Moore. Complete hose job on Niagara to get Moore. He’s probably the best player in that trade, maybe not at this moment but down the line he is a kid that may play NHL at 19 as a D-Man. So instead of losing Studnicka and Brassard at end of this year, they have Neumann for next year as a probable OA as well as Moore on D. They are better positioned this year too. They win the deadline hands down without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad