Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
According to OHL Insiders, Brazeau may now be in play. Would you guys prefer him or Maksimovich?

Do you guys expect that we will keep up to two seconds this year? One will most likely go in a trade but at this juncture, I have a feeling there may be only one significant addition.
I personally feel Maks fits better in our style and he's a pure left wing. I hope we don't keep two seconds as we will not have much room next year. If we still have two post deadline one might be traded in the window before the draft.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Another thought as the draft is reportedly weak this year it may be possible Ottawa just traded for a 2020 second to use as trade bait this year as other teams may see more value next year??

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Another thought as the draft is reportedly weak this year it may be possible Ottawa just traded for a 2020 second to use as trade bait this year as other teams may see more value next year??

I doubt it. We received the additional pick and probably one better positioned. that usually suggests Oshawa was the one who contacted us.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Regarding the trade front, we are hearing nothing regarding the 67’s.

Supposedly on The Windsor board they were saying they heard Boka to Ottawa. I’m not sure that makes sense.

OHLInsiders is saying Maksimovich to Ottawa but that is now a couple days past. Although Erie posters believe he has played his last game with them.

I don’t see Brazeau as an option.

Right now it may be Niagara that is holding up the market.

It also looks like SSM may enter the fray as a buyer with serious rumours of Suzuki and Durzi going there. That would put them at 4 OA’s which means Sambrook would become available in all likelyhood. He’d look good in Ottawa.

So, right now if I were a gypsie and were to make a prediction, it looks like Maksimovich and maybe a depth player or decent OA D-Man is where we are.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Boka to Ottawa makes sense from a DiPietro standpoint, but I'd imagine Windsor wants a roster player back along with a pick.[/QUOTE

Please tell us what type of player/pick?

Are we talking a 5th rounder and a call up or something more?

No offence to Boka but I can’t see him as an upgrade over any of our 17 year old regulars.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
He was voted one of the best shot blockers in the west last season and is one of the best PK guys you'll find. I've seen him block 3-4 shots in a single penalty kill, injure himself, and still stay out there. He's one of those players where I set a price and, if you don't match, we just keep him. Too valuable to give away on the cheap.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
He was voted one of the best shot blockers in the west last season and is one of the best PK guys you'll find. I've seen him block 3-4 shots in a single penalty kill, injure himself, and still stay out there. He's one of those players where I set a price and, if you don't match, we just keep him. Too valuable to give away on the cheap.

What would be your price?

I don't mind the idea of adding both Boka and Sambrook if the prices are right especially if we know that Travis Barron will come back. That would be a very good lineup and would leave us with a TON of picks for the years to come.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I have a feeling that there is a dam that is holding a lot back. Too be honest there have not been any top players traded at this stage.. I think that once one goes we will see all the others rushing to be completed.SSM being a buyer makes little sense unless they already have homes for the OA they are going to release.
A good trade for Ottawa at this point might be Brazeau although i am looking for size and mask does nothave that

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I have a feeling that there is a dam that is holding a lot back. Too be honest there have not been any top players traded at this stage.. I think that once one goes we will see all the others rushing to be completed.SSM being a buyer makes little sense unless they already have homes for the OA they are going to release.
A good trade for Ottawa at this point might be Brazeau although i am looking for size and mask does nothave that

I guess I am at a loss regarding your assessment of there not being a lot of good players traded yet?

McLeod
Tippett (Team Canada)
Entwistle (Team Canada)
Phillips (Team Canada)
Hancock
Neumann
Gordeev

That’s a lot of good players.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Windsor 2nd 2020 and 4th in 2020

Or...

Windsor 4th in 2020 and Jack Quinn.

I'm not overly familiar with the 67s roster, but...

Ottawa isn’t trading a roster player for a penalty killer. I doubt they pony up a 2nd in a trade like that either.

No disrespect to Boka. He is a fine role player but I just can’t see it. He’d roll out on the 4th line 5 on 5 with our current roster let alone a roster post deadline.

To me he has much more value on Windsor’s roster than Ottawa’s. There are many players around the league with he same issue. More valuable to the teams holding them.

For the record, anyone seriously scouting Jack Quinn would easily pony up a couple 2nds minimum. It is very likely he is our 1st line RW next year as an 18 year old and we will be a contender of sorts with him sitting there.

Reactions: BarberPole9

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Windsor 2nd 2020 and 4th in 2020

Or...

Windsor 4th in 2020 and Jack Quinn.

I'm not overly familiar with the 67s roster, but...

Hard pass on both and the Jack Quinn ask is not even in the realm. He is exploding right now with two goals and the first star last game and was rumoured as the centrepiece of a Morgan Frost trade, which made most STH’s that I know not wanting to make the Frost deal.

For perspective, there is nobody on Windsor that I would trade Quinn for straight up.
That’s like me saying that I would trade you Quinn Yule for Will Cuylle and I am a Quinn Yule fan.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I've said on the Windsor board before that Boka's the type that we either get very fair value for, or we don't deal at all. He'll help a team immensely but he's not worth dealing if we don't get at least a couple solid picks for. He means too much to us.

At worst, I'd do 3rd and 4th for Boka, but even that would be tough to pull the trigger on if I'm Windsor.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I've said on the Windsor board before that Boka's the type that we either get very fair value for, or we don't deal at all. He'll help a team immensely but he's not worth dealing if we don't get at least a couple solid picks for. He means too much to us.

At worst, I'd do 3rd and 4th for Boka, but even that would be tough to pull the trigger on if I'm Windsor.

I personally agree 100%

I just can’t see Ottawa doing the type of deal you need.

It would be like the 67’s trading Lance Galbraith back in the day,,,Sorta

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I completely get that, too. Frankly, if Boka sticks around past the deadline and the Spitfires trade another guy (like a Purboo or MacDougall) to upgrade, I'm okay with that. I've been a Boka guy since day one and I'm very okay if he's a five-year guy for us.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I completely get that, too. Frankly, if Boka sticks around past the deadline and the Spitfires trade another guy (like a Purboo or MacDougall) to upgrade, I'm okay with that. I've been a Boka guy since day one and I'm very okay if he's a five-year guy for us.

Ottawa’s issue right now is they have too many good young guys looking for ice. That’s actually not a bad thing per se but it is when looking at adding depth guys like Boka.

Clarke, Quinn, and Tolnai all need ice. Quinn and Clarke are both clear top 9 guys if your top 9 are all scoring lines. Tolnai is physically not quite ready yet but he is starting to gain confidence.

We have a kid like Hoelscher (NJ NHL) that is probably our 3rd line centre and if we add a couple forwards, may end up on the 4th line. Clarke is already surfing the 4th line a lot.

Quinn Yule is a bit of a monster trying to find his stride and if he can, he will be a force.

The 67’s, while trying to contend for a championship this yer, are balancing that with next year. So, they are trying to make room for a forward without hurting the development of the young guys.

NExt year’s projected lineup:

Keating (OA)-Rossi-Quinn
Bitten-Hoelscher-Clarke
Yule-Tolnai-Maggio
???-Crete-???

Bahl-Rippon
Wilson (OA)-Okhotyuk
Peric-Belanger

Andree
Cranley

There isn’t a player on that listed lineup that isn’t highly regarded in some way. There are no roster fillers there.

There is a reason why Boyd is not touching the current roster. HE feels we have jsut as good chance next year as this year. PErsonally, I don’t agree. I think we are better positioned this year but I am not in charge...

Reactions: BrunoDaBear

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Vilardi to Ottawa apparently

That was heavily rumoured prior to the injury. I would assume the 67’s wouldn’t care if he didn’t play through he remainder of the regular season. He’d come in handy for the playoffs though!

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Don't know about you guys but should Ottawa exit the trade deadline with one forward acquired I would be disappointed (assuming Barron not coming) with all the assets we have and this being a contending year. I know it might be posturing by the brass but makes no sense to not fill our OA spots to at least add depth to guard agaist injury. Would be ok with two forwards or one forward and one D. Top choice Maks/Durzi, second choice Saigeon/Maks.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Don't know about you guys but should Ottawa exit the trade deadline with one forward acquired I would be disappointed (assuming Barron not coming) with all the assets we have and this being a contending year. I know it might be posturing by the brass but makes no sense to not fill our OA spots to at least add depth to guard agaist injury. Would be ok with two forwards or one forward and one D. Top choice Maks/Durzi, second choice Saigeon/Maks.

The probable is we don’t really know how the discussions are going and we don’t know how they assess the fit for the players.

As I mentioned earlier, if we were to acquire a centre and a winger, it is likely a kid like Hoelscher is playing 4th line with Clarke. Although that is great in one respect, if may cause some annymosity as well. We jsut don’t know the way things are linking up.

If we do acquire Vilardi, at least it won’t affect the remainder of the regular season. He’d be a playoff hired gun.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Vilardi will be good in Ottawa as he will not have to be the star of the team. Ottawa can afford to play him spot games and not have to give him monster ice time. Also with the facilities here he will be able to look after himself and get into better shape.
OMG it looks like we will both get our wish from the beginning yours Dipietro and mine Vilardi and neither should cost us a lot.

Now if Boyd can only make a deal with Colorado to bring back Barron in mid-Feb we will be set and still have all the parts in place for this year and next year

And there are still some big names out there that might become a lower price. Lets face it the buyers are starting to have bought all they can. so prices are going to drop if you want to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad