Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I hope that we do not just go for Vilardi as he is so prone to injury. Should we go for Vilardi and something happens injury wise our only upgrade is Dipietro. We really need to add a Saigeon/Maks or Durzi.

Barron would be a good addition without using picks but lets face it the other top teams are not going to shudder with his addition. He has size and grit but I don't think this will be enough for Ottawa from a scoring standpoint.

Go for it this year and use the 3 2nd. round picks for 2019 plus to acquire the best available. Not a sure thing but give yourself the best chance.

Vilardi would be a good addition but you risk losing a spot with a player who is very fragile.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Sarnia is hopefully helping us by helping to flood the market with good potentials and they really need picks over the next three years. Mitch Eliot and Franco Spoviero would both be good additions as alternatives to Sean Durzi and Kyle Maksimovich if their prices are out of whack.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
There really isn't all that much to say now. We are in a waiting period to see what happens.

Everyone has a different opinion but I believe we all agree we should at least fill our OA positions.

I also believe we have the flexibility to wait on Vilardi and if we acquire him, we have the ability to view it as a bonus.

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
There really isn't all that much to say now. We are in a waiting period to see what happens.

Everyone has a different opinion but I believe we all agree we should at least fill our OA positions.

I also believe we have the flexibility to wait on Vilardi and if we acquire him, we have the ability to view it as a bonus.
Vilardi will cost 2-2nds to start as Kingston will want to replenish the picks going to Windsor then you can add your conditional picks. If healthy could be the biggest steal at the deadline. Yes with the picks available to Ottawa, they could afford to take that chance.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Vilardi will cost 2-2nds to start as Kingston will want to replenish the picks going to Windsor then you can add your conditional picks. If healthy could be the biggest steal at the deadline. Yes with the picks available to Ottawa, they could afford to take that chance.

The higher the value of picks up front, the lower the value of picks on condition.

Kingston will have to choose if they want a bird in hand or two in the bush. They won't get both.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Big trade for Ottawa!

Let’s hope that Austen Swankler is an Erie fan, as the conditional 2024 wouldn’t vest if he signs with Erie.

Anxious to see how Maksimovich will fit into the forward corps.

Reactions: Smash88

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
You got a good one in Maksimovich. Take good care of him. He's a special player and has the experience. Swankler being a PA native, hopefully he signs.

Reactions: BarberPole9

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Echoing what OttersFan said, nice pickup for Ottawa. It hurts to see Maksimovich go but he's a great player. He's undersized but works hard for the puck and has a lot of creativity and skill, he can drive a line. Provides a lot of valuable leadership and experience too.

Reactions: ottersguy

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Personally, I think the assets going out are too much for this deal. It isn't silly but it is more than the other OA's for sure.

Saigeon went for less. Three 2nds is a lot. I know Swankler may report to Erie and he wouldn't here so it is a one off but we did spend a 4th or 5th on Swankler so it is not like that is a free pick so to speak.

Al in all, I am happy. It seems like Ottawa got the guy they were after.

Regarding Vilardi, I am not too sure that is a deal int he works. I know that was being talked about at the time he was being released to Team Canada camp. I think there was even a deal in place. But when he go injured it was taken off the table so this latest report may just be an echo form back then.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
jf plante‏ @jfplante_Droit 29m29 minutes ago
More
Maintenant, ne reste que le capitaine de l'an dernier à rentrer. Étrangement, Travis Barron avait "liké" ce statut sur Maksimovich dimanche soir dernier avant que la transaction soit faite. Pourrait-il le 3e joueur de 20 ans des @Ottawa67sHockey ?
Translate Tweet
DwaGvpyWsAEnZ7-.jpg

1 reply0 retweets2 likes
Reply 1

Retweet

Liked 2

Direct message

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Can you imagine how good our Forward corps would look with both Maksimovich and Barron if he comes back?

Maksimovich-Chmelevski-Clark
Keating-Rossi-Felhaber
Barron-Hoelscher-Quinn
Bitten-Tolnai-Clarke
EXTRAS Yule, Maggio, Crete and Dick

Last edited:
Reactions: OMG67

Roost

Apr 6, 2017
Erie
Enjoy Kyle he was always a pleasure to watch and never saw him give up. Smaller guy but he plays hard and plays the right way!

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Personally, I think the assets going out are too much for this deal. It isn't silly but it is more than the other OA's for sure.

Saigeon went for less. Three 2nds is a lot. I know Swankler may report to Erie and he wouldn't here so it is a one off but we did spend a 4th or 5th on Swankler so it is not like that is a free pick so to speak.

Al in all, I am happy. It seems like Ottawa got the guy they were after.

Regarding Vilardi, I am not too sure that is a deal int he works. I know that was being talked about at the time he was being released to Team Canada camp. I think there was even a deal in place. But when he go injured it was taken off the table so this latest report may just be an echo form back then.
Happy with this as I think he will fit well. Do agree price is a bit high but not outrageously so. Saigeon 2 seconds, 1 third. Maks 3 seconds or Swankler 2 seconds....close in value. I do think Ottawa payed a bit more to get the guy they wanted.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Happy with this as I think he will fit well. Do agree price is a bit high but not outrageously so. Saigeon 2 seconds, 1 third. Maks 3 seconds or Swankler 2 seconds....close in value. I do think Ottawa payed a bit more to get the guy they wanted.

I guess we will have to now wait and see if Boyd is full of **** or he does add a 2nd or 3rd player.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
So the question is are they finished the way Niagara has loaded up? Would also not dismiss Oshawa with Neuman and Saigeon. My gut tells me they have another move notwithstanding Barron returning.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
We have up to now managed to keep what would be the two highest value seconds ( missy and petes) out of the original five we had!

Reactions: BarberPole9

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
We have up to now managed to keep what would be the two highest value seconds ( missy and petes) out of the original five we had!

I was tracking that too! If things go well, the Missy pick could be in the 25-27 range and the Peterborough pick in the 30-32 range on top of the likely 20th overall pick (if London ends up surpassing us). There are a couple of really high end kids in the Ottawa area this year, maybe one of them slips to us in the high part of the second round.

Sep 24, 2018
I like the trade as I really felt We were missing a winger for Sasha.
It would be a nice to have if we did get a offencive defence man.
Our forwards are as good or better then Every team we will face.
I’m sure we will make it to the OHL final

Last edited:

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
You won’t be disappointed in that price for Mak.

I think it was great value for both teams. Mak is soooo underrated. He has tremendous IQ and the ability to make effortless passes and decisions. He’s a very unique player who can play with any type of forward.

Ottawa clearly wanted him over other OAs and they should have. Imo he was the best one available from a pure offensive standpoint. Wouldnt be shocked to see him rack up 1.75 PPG the rest of the way with you guys, especially if he gets PP time. Side bonus is his leadership and playoff experience

Hope you guys enjoy him and I’ll be rooting for your team now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad