Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa has added the top goalie in the league and a top ten scorer for only draft picks and affiliated players- I couldn't be happier about the work that Andre Tourigny and James Boyd have done.

Given what our roster was pre-deadline I would rather have Dipietro and Maksimovich than Robertson and Studnicka in Niagara not to mention the fact that they gave up multiple big time young players and more picks than us.

Niagara got hosed twice. Horrible trades.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I know that London did not have a lot of space but I find it interesting that SSM London and Ottawa are the teams that have done the least. I am not sure what Oshawa was doing they trade good players to Niagara a team the will probably meet in the playoffs and then trade for new players.
NB it seems did not get a good enough offer for Brazeau
Kingston is stuck so far with Villardi although that could change
Guelph seems to think they can buy their way into the finals but did not use many of their picks.

The bottom line is that the teams that were powerhouse in each conference still is. There are a couple of teams that may have added the right pieces only time will tell. I still like London's chances better than Guelph.

As to why we are not trading for an OA I can only assume the position is taken in a deal with Colorado.
I think Oshawa is leaning more to next season.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
OHLInsiders‏ @OHLinsiders 58s59 seconds ago
More
Hearing some chatter about Barrie's Chiodo to Ottawa, or at least talks between the two. Don't know how far along #OHLTradeDeadline
0 replies0 retweets3 likes

Retweet

Liked 3

Direct message

I’d believe that one. HE tweeted about Sudbury asking Barrie about a player they traded a month ago. Looks like he has someone inside the Barrie management. That tweet was last night. This one about Chiodo was this morning. So it wouldn’t even have been an echo from before the Mak trade or he would have posted it last night.

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
Going to be a very interesting game in Guelph on Sunday!

Guelph will still be missing a key defender, a solid center and a Russian who was absolutely on fire.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I’d believe that one. HE tweeted about Sudbury asking Barrie about a player they traded a month ago. Looks like he has someone inside the Barrie management. That tweet was last night. This one about Chiodo was this morning. So it wouldn’t even have been an echo from before the Mak trade or he would have posted it last night.
Nothing against Chiodo, good player, but he is small and I'd like a bit more size. I'd go all out for Meireless as he would be great to have next year too.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
DwcXMnEX4AAB_jK.jpg:large

Welcoming committee for Maksimovich at the airport

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
So Chiodo to Ottawa for
SSM 3 2021
KINGSTON 2 2024 and
Shaw Boomhower

Guess Boomhower coming back. Good value for 67's. Glad they filled second OA spot.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Confirmed on OHL site

Jan. 9BARLucas Chiodo OTTShaw Boomhower
SSM 3 2021
KGN 2 2024
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: BarberPole9

44 95 plus tax

Oct 6, 2009
So how does Tourigny divide up all that fire power? I assume Keating, Rossi and Felhaber stays together.

Keating - Rossi - Felhaber
Maks - Chemelvski - Clark
Chido - Hoelscher - Quinn
Bitten - Tolnai - Clarke
Yule
Maggio

That is a pretty impressive forward group.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
So how does Tourigny divide up all that fire power? I assume Keating, Rossi and Felhaber stays together.

Keating - Rossi - Felhaber
Maks - Chemelvski - Clark
Chido - Hoelscher - Quinn
Bitten - Tolnai - Clarke
Yule
Maggio

That is a pretty impressive forward group.

This is the most deep forward group that I've seen for a long time. We have our last two first rounders playing in the bottom trio even though they have been playing well for their age/experience.

I wonder if they still have a move to make on D to load up as well?

Bahl-Hoefenmayer
Okhotyuk-Wilson
Rippon-Peric
Belanger

Could use at least one more experienced player

Dipietro
Andree
Cranley

Deepest and best Goalie unit in the league.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
What's just as impressive is that we still have 2 x 2nd rounders and 2 x 3rd rounders each of the next two years.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
So people are they finished?? Still sitting on too many picks the next two years imo.

Not sure what this means TBH. They have drafted very well the past few years and having organizational depth is only a good thing. Next year, there will be a minimum of three forward and one defence position available and it doesn't look like we have too many prospects from last draft other that Ambrosio and Peterson who can make the jump.

As a STH, I'd love to see a two year run here as well as a team that always competes , They can push all in next year and will have 19 year old players like Clarke, Rossi, Quinn, Peric and 20 year olds in Rippon, Bitten, Hoelscher and Andree to sell off in the OHL Memorial Cup year in 2021 to load up for another two year run in 2023-24.

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
This is the most deep forward group that I've seen for a long time. We have our last two first rounders playing in the bottom trio even though they have been playing well for their age/experience.

I wonder if they still have a move to make on D to load up as well?

Bahl-Hoefenmayer
Okhotyuk-Wilson
Rippon-Peric
Belanger

Could use at least one more experienced player

Dipietro
Andree
Cranley

Deepest and best Goalie unit in the league.

Who are some candidates for D that Ottawa could add?

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Who are some candidates for D that Ottawa could add?

The one thing that all of their acquisitions have had in common is they come from teams who have made good playoff runs. If we take them at their word that they are looking to add an experience, depth type of player there are a number of 19 year olds that come to mind:
Christopher Cameron Barrie
Jakob Brahaney Kingston
Jacob Golden London
Ryan Wells Mississauga
Brady Lyle Owen Sound
Nick Grima Sarnia
Thomas Stevenson Windsor

They are all different types of players with obviously large variances in their trade values but all line up as players whose teams may not necessarily need them back as Overagers.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
What about Ian Blacker from Oshawa. 19 Year Old, solid defensive stats, good OA possibility for next year. He would be a great depth defenseman.

I think that Oshawa is trying to make a run this year by adding Saigeon and Mattinen and can't see them wanting to strengthen Ottawa. Blacker has the perfect profile for Ottawa, though his brother didn't sign here years ago as a highly touted Goalie prospect at the time.

Oshawa probably looked at the Studnicka deal as too good to pass up, as it essentially ended up being:

Lleyton Moore
Brandon Saigeon
Nick Mattinen
for
Jack Studnicka
Matt Brassard

It was the biggest heist job of the deadline season IMO and a wonderful job by their GM that will set Niagara way back next year.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
As in overpaid significantly more that any other teams in the league.

Nick Suzuki is a far better player than Jason Robertson and he cost Guelph less than half of what Robertson cost Barrie.

Mackenzie Entwistle may be better than Jack Studnicka and he cost less than half.

Robertson deal might have been a high price for going early and getting the guy they wanted ahead of the pack. The other one is a bit baffling.

I kind of like what Guelph did.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I think that Oshawa is trying to make a run this year by adding Saigeon and Mattinen and can't see them wanting to strengthen Ottawa. Blacker has the perfect profile for Ottawa, though his brother didn't sign here years ago as a highly touted Goalie prospect at the time.

Oshawa probably looked at the Studnicka deal as too good to pass up, as it essentially ended up being:

Lleyton Moore
Brandon Saigeon
Nick Mattinen
for
Jack Studnicka
Matt Brassard

It was the biggest heist job of the deadline season IMO and a wonderful job by their GM that will set Niagara way back next year.
You forgot they traded Henderson to Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad