Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sec20forever

Aug 11, 2015
I hope they are right. I was told at the game by people who work for the team they would not play this weekend.

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
Hounds have landed their 2nd import player Pytlik in addition to rumours that Sandin may be returned and Suzuki being traded to the Hounds

Either way I'm surprised Ottawa hasn't made more of a splash yet..

If the deadline comes and goes with no activity I'll be surprised. At this point it's still early.

Edit: I will say I'm cheering for SSM out of the West. Anyone but London, but with Frost/Hayton and being Grapes' whipping boys I'd like to see them make another run. But lose in the finals ;)

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If the deadline comes and goes with no activity I'll be surprised. At this point it's still early.

If they hold true to their word regarding the non-trading of roster players, I can’t see mare than one or two moves.

I think Maksimovich makes sense. I like Saigeon as well, of course.

To me they have room for a top 6 forward without dropping any serious players tot he 4th line. If they added both of the above, it would probably drop Hoelscher to the 4th line, for example.

It sounds to me like they feel the chemistry on the team is good as well as the confidence levels.

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
If they hold true to their word regarding the non-trading of roster players, I can’t see mare than one or two moves.

To me they have room for a top 6 forward without dropping any serious players tot he 4th line. If they added both of the above, it would probably drop Hoelscher to the 4th line, for example.

Yeah I'm not saying they will have an overhaul. But I'm sure they will add a player or two.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
The actual lines don't matter but let's just for arguments sake say OTT's lineup looks like:

Keating-Chmelevski-Felhaber
Bitten-Rossi-Clark
Clarke-Hoelscher-Quinn
Yule-Tolnai-Maggio

Bahl-Hoefenmayer
Okhotyuk-Wilson
Rippon-Peric/Belanger

DiPietro
Andree

To me that lineup needs a top 6 forward (push Bitten down) and another D for the 2nd pair with Wilson dropping down to the 3rd pair and pushing out Peric/Belanger. Could likely get away with not much more than that though. Although then you run the risk of NIA being a better team and then kicking yourself afterwards because OTT does have the picks/players to make themselves easily the best team with not much of a discussion

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008

It sounds to me like they feel the chemistry on the team is good as well as the confidence levels.

Maybe the 67s can say they will trade for Saigeon (COL prospect) and give him the invaluable experience of a (hopefully) long playoff run in exchange for Colorado sending Barron back haha.

Reactions: sirius67fan

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
What’s Ottawa have 15 2nd’s and 25 3rd’s in the next 6 drafts. (Lol) they have enough assets to go after a big player like Suzuki without giving up their first round pick. And they can get durzi to jump into their top 4 on d. Still have more then enough picks. To keep the momentum going for a cpl more years. They have done a great job at stockpiling. Be a shame not to use those assets and go all in. Personally I would like to see Suzuki in greyhounds lineup. And give London run for their money. I just don’t think they have enough assets to pull it off. Time will tell over next few days where he ends up. Either way good luck the rest of the way and in the playoffs.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The actual lines don't matter but let's just for arguments sake say OTT's lineup looks like:

Keating-Chmelevski-Felhaber
Bitten-Rossi-Clark
Clarke-Hoelscher-Quinn
Yule-Tolnai-Maggio

Bahl-Hoefenmayer
Okhotyuk-Wilson
Rippon-Peric/Belanger

DiPietro
Andree

To me that lineup needs a top 6 forward (push Bitten down) and another D for the 2nd pair with Wilson dropping down to the 3rd pair and pushing out Peric/Belanger. Could likely get away with not much more than that though. Although then you run the risk of NIA being a better team and then kicking yourself afterwards because OTT does have the picks/players to make themselves easily the best team with not much of a discussion

I think if we configured the lines more accurately and added a LW, it would look like this:

Keating-Rossi-Felhaber
Maksimovich-Chmelevski-Clark
Bitten-Hoelscher-Quinn
Yule-Tolnai-Clarke

That said, I like Bitten beside Chmelevski and Clark. I think they have good chemistry. They were rolling quite well together before Rossi was injured and the lines juggled a bit. That would put Maksimovich beside Hoelscher and Quinn. I like the looks of that line a lot. It stretches out three solid scoring lines. Tolnai would get Clarke which would give him a pure sniper to play with.

If we were to acquire a 2nd forward, it would probably upset the cart a bit. It may be better to jsut acquire one forward instead of two. The only issue is depth. With this lineup we can sustain one injury and not affect us much. Two injuries becomes problematic. Three is crippling.

The defense can sustain one injury provided it isn’t Bahl or Hoefenmeyer. That is why I would really like to add a D-Man that is capable of plying in the top pairing. It stretches things out and gives us flexibility for injuries.

44 95 plus tax

Oct 6, 2009

So we go and get Suzuki and Durzi from OS, and pick up Maksimovich from Erie. This may or may not include Tolnai, depending on how well Boyd works this. Still leaves room for Barron, IF, he comes back.

If it is true that Suzuki and Durzi go as a pair, do other teams have enough assets for both of them?

Also read Fred Wallace is reporting that OS is talking to 5 teams regarding 2 players.

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008

So we go and get Suzuki and Durzi from OS, and pick up Maksimovich from Erie. This may or may not include Tolnai, depending on how well Boyd works this. Still leaves room for Barron, IF, he comes back.

If it is true that Suzuki and Durzi go as a pair, do other teams have enough assets for both of them?

Also read Fred Wallace is reporting that OS is talking to 5 teams regarding 2 players.

With Durzi and Maksimovich wouldn't we be at our OA limit AKA no room for Barron?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I wouldn’t look at this latest picks trade with Oshawa as anything other than separating assets because they don’t anticipate moving them at this deadline and can’t make use of them in this draft.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Or is Oshawa paying a extra draft pick to flip 2nds in order to get one for this year? Perhaps someone else is requesting a 2nd this year?

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
As I pointed out in an earlier post in the Oshawa thread, the Gens only had a 4th and an 8th in the top 10 rounds 2019 draft. Ottawa had 4 ; simple math but Hunt had to pay the piper who calls the tune, thus the extra 4th.

Reactions: BarberPole9

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Agreed but I like the move, Hamilton in rebuild next year so could be a high second rounder. Oshawa might use London's pick for a team wanting a 2019 pick?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
To go from US$70Gs to an OHL OA's stipend (I believe about double the standard $450ish/month) isn't the best move financially.

Having said that, would you give up US$30Gs for a chance to win a Mem Cup?

It’s not Barron’s decision.

That said, there is nothing stopping the 67’s from slipping him a few extra sawbucks on the side is there? :deadhorse

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
I'm sure Barron can also get the bottomless popcorn/pop or hot dog deals depending on the day of the week. So that just about makes up the difference.

Reactions: BarberPole9

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
According to OHL Insiders, Brazeau may now be in play. Would you guys prefer him or Maksimovich?

Do you guys expect that we will keep up to two seconds this year? One will most likely go in a trade but at this juncture, I have a feeling there may be only one significant addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad