Ottawa 67's 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
FOR THE TRAVIS WATCH

2 games 1 assist 5 shots 1 slashing penalty.

3 shots 1st period
1 shot and assist in early 2nd
1 shot early 3rd.

These are the times that 4th line gets minutes so not sure how he did
They were the most of any player on the team though so it is stillhard to say.

As to them not telling boyd I am sure that there is already an agreement. They can hold him until Feb but can send him down then also. Remember Boyd is in the good spot of having the room to wait if they promise to send him down for the run.
67’s fans are in the same position IceDogs fans were a few years ago. There was a lot of speculation that Verhaghe was going to be sent back when the Dogs were in a go for it year. We watched as he got moved around the organization in the minors. In the end, he wasn’t returned, but it kept us on the edge of our seats for a few weeks.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
67’s fans are in the same position IceDogs fans were a few years ago. There was a lot of speculation that Verhaghe was going to be sent back when the Dogs were in a go for it year. We watched as he got moved around the organization in the minors. In the end, he wasn’t returned, but it kept us on the edge of our seats for a few weeks.

Oshawa was on the wrong end of a similar situation a few years ago. Back in the day, from what I understand, Oshawa was assured that Peter Tsmikalis would not be returned to the OHL for his OA season. So they released his rights in December and went in a different direction for their OA's.

Shortly there after, he was signed by the Rangers as a free agent. It was a steal for Kitchener at the time and a screw job to the Generals.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
12 forwards and 6 defence, what a novel idea, maybe the Sens should try it

DwPy9nCVAAAynOD.jpg

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Want to give a shout out to Keating. This guy doesn't get the credit he deserves because he's not flashy. Gets battered out there in the corners and in front of the net but gets the puck and goals. Great playmaker and forechecker, his hockey sense is very high. Vital piece of this team.

sec20forever

Aug 11, 2015
what a goal by quinn to go end to end and split the Oshawa dmen. any rumors out there for a overager or players , seems quiet.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
what a goal by quinn to go end to end and split the Oshawa dmen. any rumors out there for a overager or players , seems quiet.

Right now Maksimovich seems most likely. Sirius will be happy.

There hasn’t been any rumblings of anything with OS since Hancock was dealt so I dunno if there is anything still rumbling there.

Word is SSM is not selling either.

Reactions: sirius67fan

sec20forever

Aug 11, 2015
I heard at the game today that both players that went to the worlds will not play next week they are taking a holiday so we traded for a goalie will have played one game in one month. I don't get they need two weeks off from their last game. plus we have big weekend of games this weekend.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I heard at the game today that both players that went to the worlds will not play next week they are taking a holiday so we traded for a goalie will have played one game in one month. I don't get they need two weeks off from their last game. plus we have big weekend of games this weekend.

It’ll help them for a long playoff run though. That extra rest now could be a tremendous relief later.

I do agree it seems odd, especially for DiPietro considering he played two less games. But, we will probably add a couple players this week so it shouldn’t hurt much.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Giving players a rest is a good thing especially right now

as to DP it just confirms that amount of trust they have in Andree

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Oshawa was on the wrong end of a similar situation a few years ago. Back in the day, from what I understand, Oshawa was assured that Peter Tsmikalis would not be returned to the OHL for his OA season. So they released his rights in December and went in a different direction for their OA's.

Shortly there after, he was signed by the Rangers as a free agent. It was a steal for Kitchener at the time and a screw job to the Generals.
He had committed to come to Owen Sound, backed out at the last moment, so 2 teams got screwed over.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I can't understand what Ottawa is waiting for. Suffice to say if we had even half the picks that Ottawa still has we would not be sitting on our hands.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Did I miss something? Where has Merrick Rippon been the past few games?

Can't seem to find any info on him at all.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
The question that has to be asked then is" who is the father of all virtues?"

The Christian philosopher who proposed that wisdom is the "father of all virtues."

Reactions: bobber

Hmrs

Oct 30, 2018
Did I miss something? Where has Merrick Rippon been the past few games?

Can't seem to find any info on him at all.
Rippon injured his shoulder if I remember the radio interview correctly at the very end of the Niagara game and he hoped to be back in a couple weeks.

Reactions: Smash88

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Re Rippon from Dec 30th radio interview Rippon was interviewed between periods, he is out 1 to 2 weeks with a shoulder injury, it happened on the last play of the game in the last game.

Reactions: Smash88

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

Same thing happened for the Gens a couple years ago. Barrie thought Alex Lepkowski was staying in the AHL so released his rights, next week Gens picked up his rights and he came back and they got him for free

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I can't understand what Ottawa is waiting for. Suffice to say if we had even half the picks that Ottawa still has we would not be sitting on our hands.

At this point Guelph has to be done. London is done, no cards. It looks like SSM is staying status qu in hopes of a Sandin return. Saginaw must be done now as well. Maybe a small tinker deal left. That takes care of the Western teams.

At this point it is likely Oshawa will not add after adding Neumann. Niagara is in some poop. Not sure if anyone will talk to them now. I assume they will still get something done but who knows. Sudbury should do something.

All that is to say there really are only three teams left in the race. But, there are a lot of players still out there, especially OA’s. Ottawa has loads of choice including Suzuki if they want to go high end 19 year old, Durzi for high end D-Man OA and Maksimovich who they seem linked to at forward.

Like I said in an earlier post, Ottawa has solid scoring, good defense and now a World Class goalie. All they need is depth of scoring and defense. That allows them to be flexible with which to choose. They don’t need a centre specifically, or a high scoring winger specifically..... It makes it much easier to acquire when your needs are flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce