OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies... IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't follow soccer at all so I don't know what's going on there but it's funny to see positive talk about Avs/Nuggets/Rams ownership in NA while Arsenal fans are apparently ready to riot if the Kroenkes don't sell the team. Those soccer fans are on another level so they'd do it too in order to the force the sale.
The Arsenal fans protested quite peacefully, Man United is another story lol (going to @The Abusement Park here). Stan is brutal and needs to sell everything ASAP with his penny-pitching and sending-messenger tactics. Josh should be the man in charge of all his investments except Rams (I don't care for the no fun league), but even then he gets crucified from the fanbase for having his last name as Kroenke. English fans are just sick of American owners, Glazers are feeling the heat too from what happened over the weekend at Old Trafford. They don't think they have the same passion as Europeans do for the sport, but this is also sort of strange because Man United has spent like 611 million pounds the last five years on players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs_19

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The Arsenal fans protested quite peacefully, Man United is another story lol (going to @The Abusement Park here). Stan is brutal and needs to sell everything ASAP with his penny-pitching and sending-messenger tactics. Josh should be the man in charge of all his investments except Rams (I don't care for the no fun league), but even then he gets crucified from the fanbase for having his last name as Kroenke. English fans are just sick of American owners, Glazers are feeling the heat too from what happened over the weekend at Old Trafford. They don't think they have the same passion as Europeans do for the sport, but this is also sort of strange because Man United has spent like 611 million pounds the last five years on players.

If the US owners are forced out of the UK, its only fair that the UK takes Harry and Meghan back.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If the US owners are forced out of the UK, its only fair that the UK takes Harry and Meghan back.
Lol, definitely agree with that. Going to the issue at hand, no owner is going to be forced out because Kroenke and Glazers both have come out and say they're not selling either club. The bloke who's in charge of Spotify - some Swede - wants to buy Arsenal and has secured the funds to do it, but Kroenke said he doesn't want to sell. Glazers are more willing to, but want at minimum 8 billion for the team lol (currently worth 3 billion from Forbes projection) so hard to see anybody going in with a 10 billion pound deal. Majority of these owners aren't even in the UK for majority of the matches anyway, the last one which Stan came to was Wenger's retirement game I think. Not sure I've ever seen one of the Glazers at Old Trafford, so I get the sentiment from the local fans.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Ja'waun James Broncos OT, tears achilles, and is out for the year. That's about right for him and the Broncos.

Never want to see people get hurt, but I knew he'd never play another game for us.

Easily the worst signing Elway ever made. At least if reports are true he got hurt off site so Broncos might be able to get out his salary.

Bet they regret passing on Slater in the draft now. But that's what happens when you go for a luxury position instead of addressing needs.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
If Rogers is coming it is with the assumption he is going to be integral in who is the next coach is. If you are landing a fish as big as him you make him part of the process.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Lol, definitely agree with that. Going to the issue at hand, no owner is going to be forced out because Kroenke and Glazers both have come out and say they're not selling either club. The bloke who's in charge of Spotify - some Swede - wants to buy Arsenal and has secured the funds to do it, but Kroenke said he doesn't want to sell. Glazers are more willing to, but want at minimum 8 billion for the team lol (currently worth 3 billion from Forbes projection) so hard to see anybody going in with a 10 billion pound deal. Majority of these owners aren't even in the UK for majority of the matches anyway, the last one which Stan came to was Wenger's retirement game I think. Not sure I've ever seen one of the Glazers at Old Trafford, so I get the sentiment from the local fans.

They should line up some Greek/Italian/Spanish owners. This way, when they spend too much money, Germany can bail them out.

:sarcasm::DD:thumbu:

Reactions: S E P H

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Ja'waun James Broncos OT, tears achilles, and is out for the year. That's about right for him and the Broncos.

Never want to see people get hurt, but I knew he'd never play another game for us.

Easily the worst signing Elway ever made. At least if reports are true he got hurt off sure so Broncos might be able to get out this salary.

Bet they regret passing on Slater in the draft now. But that's what happens when you go for a luxury position instead of addressing needs.

Elway passed on Quenton Nelson and Paton on Slater for picks for positions that could be fixed in different ways.

Reactions: chet1926 and madman

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
The United protest was peaceful as well outside of like 1 guy doing something stupid. They got into the stadium due to gross negligence and chance more than them forcing themselves into the stadium hence why everyone looked so confused and useless on the field.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rodgers to Denver would be absolutely terrible for the Broncos. Probably get 3 good years out of him, not even sure he is capable of putting this sorry ass franchise to super bowl contenders, let alone win one.

Not too mention, the whole cost to acquire him. Depending on source a minimum of 3 1st rounders. I've also read on top of the 3 picks they want young players like Jeudy and Chubb thrown in.

If they are looking for 3 firsts, Jeudy and Chubb as they package they want, then it's an easy pass for me on a 37 year old qb. That kind of trade would set you back for 15 years all for 3-4 years of contending, but probably not good enough to win.

You've got to be realistic and this isn't it. It's not like signing Manning for free other than paycheck. This would be serious assets that you might not recover from.

Obviously depends on the cost but if it's reasonable then I think it'd be a great move. A reasonable price for both sides might be two 1sts and if that's the case then the Broncos should do it. Getting three good years out of Rodgers is certainly better than what they've gotten every year since Manning retired. I'm not a Broncos fan but I think that roster is so good (other than QB) that they would instantly contend for a SB with Rodgers. I wouldn't worry too much about coaching either because he can cover a lot of that up as well, just like Manning did.

FWIW, PFF (@Hasbro's favourite site, I'm sure) ranked the Broncos roster as the 6th best in the NFL heading into the draft and that's while accounting for Lock being one of the worst QBs in the league.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
And they announce trades in May that become official June 1st.

True but if one team needs to make it look like they've "done all they could to convince him to stay" and they announce really quickly after the draft that they've shipped him out of town, then it looks bad on them.

I won't be surprised if Rodgers is traded to the Broncos on June 1st. The selection of Surtain felt really weird and passing on Fields just made such little sense unless something ELSE was up. All reports in the days and weeks prior to the draft said that if the right QB they liked (it was mentioned to be Fields, over and over) dropped to them, they'd much prefer to avoid trading up to get him. Then, they pass on him to select a CB? With the improvements they've made in the off-season, there's no guarantee they are getting a Top-10 pick again next year so passing on a guy like Fields made absolutely no sense.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Rodgers to Denver would be absolutely terrible for the Broncos. Probably get 3 good years out of him, not even sure he is capable of putting this sorry ass franchise to super bowl contenders, let alone win one.

Not too mention, the whole cost to acquire him. Depending on source a minimum of 3 1st rounders. I've also read on top of the 3 picks they want young players like Jeudy and Chubb thrown in.

If they are looking for 3 firsts, Jeudy and Chubb as they package they want, then it's an easy pass for me on a 37 year old qb. That kind of trade would set you back for 15 years all for 3-4 years of contending, but probably not good enough to win.

You've got to be realistic and this isn't it. It's not like signing Manning for free other than paycheck. This would be serious assets that you might not recover from.

If they trade for Rodgers they're instant contenders for the next few years. If they don't they're stuck in quarterback purgatory for the foreseeable future. It's an obvious choice for me. Assets don't mean shit if you don't have a quarterback

Reactions: sethro109

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
And even with his drops, he still almost hit 1,000 yards as a rookie. Jeudy will be fine.
Yup. It was really only the last few games of the season two where the drops became an issue. Obviously something to work on but I’ll give him a pass as he was a rookie.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
If Denver had a Mt Rushmore for its pro sports teams, who's on it?

For me it would be all Broncos and Avs. I don't think any Nuggets or Rockies rise to the level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad