OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies... IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I'd be shocked if Fangio ever gets another HC gig in the NFL after this.
I'd be stunned if he ever gets another gig in the NFL even as a D coordinator. This stint has exposed how far the game has passed Vangio. His crap worked 25-30 years ago but it's not viable in today's game.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Sucks those 3 wins vs cupcakes will probably cost them another shot at a top qb
Yep it sure will. We'll end up in the 9-15 draft pick range again. Just far enough out to miss on all the top end qbs and players and we'll end up with another Surtain type guy. Maybe decent player but not a huge difference maker.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
I'd be stunned if he ever gets another gig in the NFL even as a D coordinator. This stint has exposed how far the game has passed Vangio. His crap worked 25-30 years ago but it's not viable in today's game.

Seems about right. Apparently Elway likes to go against the grain. “Hey its a QB driven league so I’ll focus on building a great defense at the expense of finding an effective QB”. With coaching, “What hire a young genius like all the other teams? F that I’m going to hire a lifelong D coordinator who has never been able to secure a head coaching gig, naw that doesn’t raise any red flags!”

Reactions: chet1926
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad