OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies... IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I was gunna ask; has Shaq Harrison been that feisty all year or did he just have the game of his life + we were just that sloppy? He was really hounding ballhandlers -- both on-ball & when he helped -- and did a great job of playing the passing lanes.

That combo of length & feisty guards around the Joker is a problem...even if MPJ still needs to realize that other players can't just shoot over everyone, so they actually move around without the ball when he's supposed to be defending them :laugh:
He’s been like that defensively since we picked up from the streets couple months ago.

Reactions: cgf

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Athletic predicted a Broncos trade would have Jerry Jeudy, Noah Fant, two 1st Round Picks and a 3rd Round Pick headed to Green Bay in exchange for Aaron Rodgers.

That is... a lot.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The Athletic predicted a Broncos trade would have Jerry Jeudy, Noah Fant, two 1st Round Picks and a 3rd Round Pick headed to Green Bay in exchange for Aaron Rodgers.

That is... a lot.

Yes and not very realistic. A QB most likely goes the other way. And then there will be a lot of 1st round draft picks.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

That is... a lot.

Nope, that would be stupid. What's the point in trading all that for a QB if you're not leaving anyone for him to throw it to!?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I think the Broncos would certainly do right by putting Surtain in there. It just feels like the right thing to do after the fans were all lukewarm after he got picked.

I’ll about collapse if they throw Fant in that deal. Not that I’m a huge fan of Noah Fant but I definitely don’t feel like going through another 10 years of the scouting dept trying to find a capable TE.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

That is... a lot.

Given how recently Fant and Jeudy were drafted, that’s essentially four 1sts for a 38 year old Rodgers.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Given how recently Fant and Jeudy were drafted, that’s essentially four 1sts for a 38 year old Rodgers.
Yep.

Just think the Broncos traded half of that for all of Elway's career. Being community owned it will be much more difficult to take them out to Vegas and get them drunk enough to agree to that trade. All that cheese will soak up the alcohol too.

Yeah you start with a big ask and negotiate down from there (skip step 2 if you are Joe Sakic), but I suspect one of two outcomes: Aaron puts a gun to their head and they ask for something realistic or Rogers gives up.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's an unrealistic trade proposal from The Athletic and it doesn't make any sense at all. You're going to acquire Aaron Rodgers and in the process you're going to get rid of two of his best weapons? It's a dumb offer.

I don't think Green Bay has any leverage here, either. I think Rodgers is serious about this whole "trade me or I'll retire" thing. He's got his money, got his Super Bowl, got his MVP's.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's an unrealistic trade proposal from The Athletic and it doesn't make any sense at all. You're going to acquire Aaron Rodgers and in the process you're going to get rid of two of his best weapons? It's a dumb offer.

I don't think Green Bay has any leverage here, either. I think Rodgers is serious about this whole "trade me or I'll retire" thing. He's got his money, got his Super Bowl, got his MVP's.

It's too bad Detroit called Barry Sanders on his bluff. Such a stupid thing to do. Instead of getting a return that might've made the Herschel Walker deal look pederstrian, they just let him retire and were left with nothing. Quite possibly the most irrelevant sports franchise in history.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

He can just simply not report to camp, which is worse for the GB front office. If he doesn't report, it will be more heavily discussed in the media. The noise will eventually become too loud and they'll likely trade him.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

Sutton is still the best WR and offensive threat on the team. I know some guys don't recover from MCL/ACL tears, but Sutton in only 25 and has never really been injured before that. His injury report only shows a AC joint sprain in the preseason and completely clean in collage.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
It's too bad Detroit called Barry Sanders on his bluff. Such a stupid thing to do. Instead of getting a return that might've made the Herschel Walker deal look pederstrian, they just let him retire and were left with nothing. Quite possibly the most irrelevant sports franchise in history.

and then they did it again with Megatron lol

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver

I think a more realistic proposal would be:

2 1sts OR 1st and Hamler
DreMont Jones
Ojemudia
Another pick like a 3rd

Some outlet proposed something close to this, and thought it was extremely realistic.

If GB thinks they are getting more than that for a soon to be 38 year old QB, who is disgruntled. They are crazy. 2 1sts are 2 1sts. Jones and Ojemudia are both capable to compete in starting roles.

They aren't getting basically 4 young 1st round picks for a 38 year old QB, no matter how good he is. If they start asking anything close to that, they can pound sand.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
1st '22
2nd '23
1st '24
Lock
They'd want Bridgewater over Lock. They'd run with Love so they'd want an experienced backup, which Lock really isn't.

They'd also want at least another roster starter like DreMont or Ojemudia, but otherwise seems reasonable to me.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Need the Nuggets to lose to Portland and Clippers to beat OKC on Sunday.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Feel like we should decide soon whatever we do. Can someone setup a poll maybe?

I mean for me, our retro jersey was just such a majestic work of art, I wouldn't mind using some elements of it to be the base for our avatars. If someone could develop a template that would serve as a Colorado Avalanche Playoff player card using the colors, fonts and logos from our retro kits but allow us to insert an action picture of our favorite players and just update the name, position and jersey number on the templates so they all have the same format and colors etc. Would be really cool to see some of the different player cards that came out of it.

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Question for you Denver area folks....

Would you rather...

1. The Avs win the Stanley Cup playoffs.
2. The Broncos win the Super Bowl.
3. The Nuggets win whatever the NBA wins.

For me...there is no championship that is more team-worthy than the Stanley Cup. It takes four lines. It takes depth. It tests you at every level. There are close to 3-4 games per week.

Other sports. I know the NBA plays a similar schedule but I just can't take them seriously with all the diving allowed and more importantly, all the traveling allowed. I have no idea how many steps are allowed now without dribbling. When I was a kid, I got away with two. These guys are going like from three point line all the way to a dunk without anyone being able to check or force them to dribble. It's a terrible sport that ignores one of it's golden rules...thou shalt not travel.

How do you root for a sport like that? Hell...why do I still support the NHL when they do this shit daily?

What I see is that across the board, fans are calling for clarity on officiating. What I see happening is that gambling is taking over and will be setting the priority for the NHL, like it has for the NFL, because the NHL has no precedence in setting its own priorities and punishments because they have been all over the wall at various points over the last two decades. What we are going to see is a game that is altered by the broadcasters to welcome the real source of money...gamblers. f*** a fair game...give 'em what the odds maker want!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad