OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies... IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
To me, the Broncos are clearly signalling that they want to play KC/SD/Oakland by beating them with their D. There's no excuse for the Broncos not drafting a QB and then not targeting Aaron Rodgers with the full court press.

Now, they may still try to acquire Rodgers in which all of this would be moot, but I doubt it. Paton/Fangio have a vision and they'll be damned if they don't see it out, regardless of how misguided it is.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Wow Paton is just getting used and abused the last 3 days.

Rodgers fiasco, swinging and missing on Fields, trading up to take a RB, now scrambling to trade back because the 3 QBs they were rumored to like, go a few picks before they get a chance.

Paton sucks, didn't know it could get worse than Elway, but this guy is a f***ing joke.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
To me, the Broncos are clearly signalling that they want to play KC/SD/Oakland by beating them with their D. There's no excuse for the Broncos not drafting a QB and then not targeting Aaron Rodgers with the full court press.

Now, they may still try to acquire Rodgers in which all of this would be moot, but I doubt it. Paton/Fangio have a vision and they'll be damned if they don't see it out, regardless of how misguided it is.
Yep Fangio is a big time problem. Refuses to accept the reality that defense don't win games any more.

Building his team to be strong defensively in a league that is actively making rules to make defense nearly impossible as to drive scoring up for the fans.

Guy is a stubborn old man and Paton is even worse.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Paton is definitely trying to be shrewd and extract every last piece of value from every transaction he makes. Not really sure that’s exactly a winning formula.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Paton is definitely trying to be shrewd and extract every last piece of value from every transaction he makes. Not really sure that’s exactly a winning formula.
He's trash, and now he's panicking. Has made terrible decision after terrible decision over the past 72 hours and now it's just getting worse.

Trading back for more picks is just a nice way of saying the guy I wanted was picked and now I don't know what to do, and I need more time to figure out something else.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
He's trash, and now he's panicking. Has made terrible decision after terrible decision over the past 72 hours and now it's just getting worse.

Trading back for more picks is just a nice way of saying the guy I wanted was picked and now I don't know what to do, and I need more time to figure out something else.
Actually, it's opposite of that. Read Eric DeCosta's quote from couple weeks ago on why he trades back all the time.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Actually, it's opposite of that. Read Eric DeCosta's quote from couple weeks ago on why he trades back all the time.
You are giving Paton way to much credit, he isn't smart enough to realize what he's doing.

He's trash and he's panicking.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
You are giving Paton way to much credit, he isn't smart enough to realize what he's doing.

He's trash and he's panicking.
Lol I've been laughing at the fact that they passed on Fields, but yeah man, I'm giving him credit!

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Lol I've been laughing at the fact that they passed on Fields, but yeah man, I'm giving him credit!
Well if you actually think that him trading down is calculated then you are giving him credit.

He's doing it because he's lost and the guy he wanted was gone. Now he doesn't know what to do.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Well if you actually think that him trading down is calculated then you are giving him credit.

He's doing it because he's lost and the guy he wanted was gone. Now he doesn't know what to do.
He's doing it because draft is a crapshoot and the more picks you get, the greater chance on hitting on draft picks.

Not that hard to understand. I wish my team traded down more.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Seems like @chet1926 needs to put his resume in. He clearly knows more than NFL GMs.

Woah. You can't trade down and know what you are doing?

Entirely possible Paton isn't fit for the job, but you are soooo committed to that idea that I think it is seriously warping your opinions here.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

If Green Bay trades Rodgers now, they save 5 million against the cap. But if they trade him after June 1st, they save 20 million against the cap.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Seems like @chet1926 needs to put his resume in. He clearly knows more than NFL GMs.

Woah. You can't trade down and know what you are doing?

Entirely possible Paton isn't fit for the job, but you are soooo committed to that idea that I think it is seriously warping your opinions here.
Think about this concept right here... The guy has made 4 picks one top 10 pick and has yet to draft a guy that will start next year on a team that went 5-11. That's inexcusable.

Not saying that some time down the road that a few of these guys won't start, but as of today he hasn't landed one guy that will start ASAP.

You can play for the future all you want but you also need to get better now when you are a 5-11 team.

And to top it all off the biggest issue is and has been for quite some time QB play. And his big move that makes him feel comfortable is Teddy f***ing Bridgewater. A journeyman much like Keenum, a beat down Flacco etc. which is more of the same BS that has led us to jack shit.

This guy is f***ing delusional, priority number 1 this offseason should have been QB and he picks a journeyman and passes on a top tier potential talent that falls into his lap for a luxury position player that won't even start.

Then moves up for another luxury position, RB, then moves back because the guy he wanted, Kellen Mond, isn't available. Takes a D3 OT, that probably needs a lot of coaching, and LB that needs work.

We needed a LB, and a o-lineman as top priorities, yeah he looked at those positions but took projects, instead of really addressing the issue.

So far this guy gets a big fat F, no position of need have been addressed outside of major projects, multiple luxury picks, passes on a top QB prospect in favor of Lock/Bridgewater. Probably got played like a fiddle by GB. Just a hideous start for him, going to have to do a lot of good things just to get back to steady ground. Going to have to hope that these projects pan out, and Surtain becomes the next Ramsey and most of all he's got to hope Fields doesnt become elite. Because of he does his days in Denver will be extremely short.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Javonte Williams is so good, watch the Miami game everyone.

Which makes not picking Fields in the 1st round even more dumb.

Yeah, I just watched video on Williams. He’s an impressive combination of vision, balance, strength, and speed. He looks like the best RB they’ve drafted since Portis.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Big game between Nuggets/Clippers tonight. Need to become 3rd and Lakers stay at 5 or need to stay at 4 and hope Mavs to become the 5 seed.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I like the RB pick - I hate that he traded up 5 spots in the second to get one. I like the trade down with the Saints. Liked the C pick (because we desperately need one).

I think the biggest probs I have is Surtain in round one, the trade up for the RB, and taking a WR? That was a head scratcher - especially since the kid doesn't really seem like a special teams contributor.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Welp Paton successfully ignored the two biggest needs for the team. Failed to get a qb or and middle linebacker.

Glad to see much hasn't changed, GM still oblivious to the most important needs and takes luxury picks instead. Congrats on being crappy for at least 3 more years.

Can't win in this league without a qb. End of discussion. Had a chance to get a top end talent and blinked, took a luxury player instead. f*** off Paton.

We won't get better until our GMs decide that QB can't be solved by throwing journeymen out there.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Welp Paton successfully ignored the two biggest needs for the team. Failed to get a qb or and middle linebacker.

Glad to see much hasn't changed, GM still oblivious to the most important needs and takes luxury picks instead. Congrats on being crappy for at least 3 more years.

Can't win in this league without a qb. End of discussion. Had a chance to get a top end talent and blinked, took a luxury player instead. f*** off Paton.

We won't get better until our GMs decide that QB can't be solved by throwing journeymen out there.

I would suggest caring less :nod:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The gap between Malone/Bednar and Fangio/Black is monumental.
Yep, is no wonder why the Avs/Nuggets are doing so well and the Broncos/Rockies are miserable.

Avs/Nuggets have good coaching and solid GMs who understand their teams needs/strengths, Broncos/Rockies have trash coaching and GMs who are blind/ stubborn to understand what their teams need acquire to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad