DB69B24A-9C05-4531-A6DE-559C9DBD56B4.jpeg

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Curious as to what others think about this proposal
View attachment 389419
I don't think the Broncos even have the cap space to do that. I'd also give Lock one more year since we don't even have an owner yet. Just continue building up the rest of the team through the draft until then. 9 and 40 are great spots for the RT and CB they desperately need.

I'd rather not have this coaching group going forward so 1 more losing season would probably be for the best in the long run. Even if I die a little more inside after every game.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think I’d take Stafford over Watson as the cost would be less detrimental to the team, but honestly either way I’d love for either to take over for Lock.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Curious as to what others think about this proposal
View attachment 389419
If that's all it takes then you immediately do that.

Unfortunately I think that's not even close to what they'll want.

Its going to cost a minimum 2 1sts, Lock, Simmons, and another quality young guy like Fant.

The cost is going to be astronomical. 26 year old top tier qbs don't hit the market. You can imagine the bidding war that is going to ensue.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If the new GM has the any desire to compete with the Chiefs during his tenure he's gonna have to find a way to bring Watson to Denver. Stafford isn't gonna cut it.
This is my sentiment as well. You can't compete with Mahomes with guys like Lock or even Stafford (who has taken one too many big hits)

The only way you have a chance is with a guy like Watson.

We don't want to end up like 80-90s Chiefs who were trying to counter Elway with guys like Grbac or DeBerg.

It just doesn't work. Got have an elite guy to compete with an elite guy. There is just no other realistic way.

Reactions: The Merchant

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I think Fangio could have been a good coach in a different circumstance. The QB situation hasn’t been his fault exactly. Miller getting injured hasn’t helped either. I don’t think Shurmur was such a big upgrade that it was worth firing the previous OC. While he may not bring the most innovation on offense, he brings a competence and steadiness that’s probably worth more than being the biggest trend in offense for the next 5 minutes.

I wouldn’t hate it if they brought in Watson. I think pouting because the owner didn’t get your approval is kind of a diva move. But he’s still probably good enough to be worth pursuing. And without that, he’s not even available.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I think Fangio could have been a good coach in a different circumstance. The QB situation hasn’t been his fault exactly. Miller getting injured hasn’t helped either. I don’t think Shurmur was such a big upgrade that it was worth firing the previous OC. While he may not bring the most innovation on offense, he brings a competence and steadiness that’s probably worth more than being the biggest trend in offense for the next 5 minutes.

I wouldn’t hate it if they brought in Watson. I think pouting because the owner didn’t get your approval is kind of a diva move. But he’s still probably good enough to be worth pursuing. And without that, he’s not even available.

I don't blame Watson one bit. He was told by ownership that his input would be valued, and then it wasn't. And it's not like the Texans have been this wonderfully-run organization over the years. They've been terribly managed out of the gate, and they let O'Brien run it even further into the ground. I don't see why it's a diva move to not want to waste your prime years with a bad organization.

Fangio still continually makes dumb Coaching 101 mistakes, and proves he's not much less conservative than John Fox was. He's shown zero growth as a coach and I see nothing in his repertoire that indicates that he's going to get any better. But hey, tank the team one more year and let's see what Lock can do. I think Lock is pretty much another bust, or at the very least a marginal backup, but may as well give him another year since the Broncos still can't make up their minds who the owner is and the fart-like stench of Joe Ellis is still filling the hallways of Dove Valley.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I definitely like Watson the player but I definitely would be concerned about the guy coming in and dictating how the front office would be shaped. Not just because it's diva, but because of the state of the Broncos org.

We are about to undergo a huge change in culture/ownership and whoever comes in should be able to have a clean slate to work from and able to structure the organization how they see fit. If Watson's going to try to dictate that, it would raise flags. I don't think Peyton was ever even given that much say in the organization, and it would definitely piss off Von (which - I think Von's probably gone anyways so maybe moot point but maybe not). My hope is that Brittney comes in and establishes a culture that's going to be great for the next 20-30 years. Whoever is going to come in as the owner, I want that person to have the ability to drive this thing wherever it needs to go. It's not worth it to dump 3 1st rounders on Watson, change ownership, and then get disgruntled Watson because he didn't like the new owner's picks. That would be a complete waste.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think that's what Deshaun Watson is trying to do, though.

He's pissed off at how the team's been managed from a roster standpoint, then was straight up lied to by the owner of the team. I don't think he has given any indication of wanting a say in how the organization is ran or who is put in power. He just wants to avoid stupidity and not be lied to - both of which the Houston Texans can't seem to avoid for some reason.

I don't think the Broncos have what it takes, but I would easily offer up our 1st round picks in 2021 and 2022, Bradley Chubb, Drew Lock, couple other draft picks and maybe even a 2023 1st round pick.

This guy would come in and stabilize the most important position in football for the next 6-8 years. He's worth it.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I would not be concerned if Watson was our next QB. I would be concerned if McNair was our next owner. Or if our next owner is anything like McNair.

the Texans owner is definitely an idiot. For a lot of things the family has done historically. But also dumb for telling your QB he can have a say in who the GM of your organization is going to be.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I
You're a Broncos and Avalanche fan. You are ineligible from holding that position:

s-l640.jpg

tremblay-roy.jpg

And even...

Radd97c5e5f22486ac3f59b7ccda51850

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Not the way he play calls in crunch time.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Watson isn't just mad that they didn't let him be involved in the coach/GM searches. He was lied to. The owner told him one thing and then did the other.

Not to mention they traded away the best WR in the league for peanuts.

I don't blame him for not wanting to waste his career on a team that isn't trying to improve. The Texans are the Rockies of the NFL. Terrible GM who doesn't care, bad coaches and terrible asset management. He's not stupid he wants to win, not be one of the statistically best in the league but sit at home during the playoffs because his team is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->