Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yep, is no wonder why the Avs/Nuggets are doing so well and the Broncos/Rockies are miserable.

Avs/Nuggets have good coaching and solid GMs who understand their teams needs/strengths, Broncos/Rockies have trash coaching and GMs who are blind/ stubborn to understand what their teams need acquire to get better.

The answer is even simpler than this.

The Avalanche and Nuggets have what appears to be very good ownership.

The Rockies do not.

The Broncos...still don’t really have an owner.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The answer is even simpler than this.

The Avalanche and Nuggets have what appears to be very good ownership.

The Rockies do not.

The Broncos...still don’t really have an owner.

I definitely agree and think it makes a difference in acquiring good coaches. As you get higher in the food chain of the org you want to know that ownership will have your back and what their vision is. If you were a top notch manager you wouldn’t want to go to a company where the company was rumored to be sold or acquired in 1-2 years. Lack of stability at the top is for sure why we don’t have great people at the top.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Welp Paton successfully ignored the two biggest needs for the team. Failed to get a qb or and middle linebacker.

Glad to see much hasn't changed, GM still oblivious to the most important needs and takes luxury picks instead. Congrats on being crappy for at least 3 more years.

Can't win in this league without a qb. End of discussion. Had a chance to get a top end talent and blinked, took a luxury player instead. f*** off Paton.

We won't get better until our GMs decide that QB can't be solved by throwing journeymen out there.

I will say this - it does sort of seem that with their first two picks, they were drafting for the 2022 season. They picked players at positions that are currently full, but with guys on 1 year contracts.

If one was a conspiracy theorist, one could perhaps come to the conclusion that Paton is doing the following:

- Roll out the same thing for another year.
- After another 5-11 season, fire the coaching staff.
- Hire his own coaching staff.
- Draft a QB for his own coaching staff.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
If Green Bay trades Rodgers now, they save 5 million against the cap. But if they trade him after June 1st, they save 20 million against the cap.

This. I don't know why it's so far fetched that the Broncos and Packers already came to an agreement for Rodgers but need to wait for June 1st for the transaction to actually happen? The Packers probably need this next month to properly spin it with their fans.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't follow soccer at all so I don't know what's going on there but it's funny to see positive talk about Avs/Nuggets/Rams ownership in NA while Arsenal fans are apparently ready to riot if the Kroenkes don't sell the team. Those soccer fans are on another level so they'd do it too in order to the force the sale.

Reactions: dahrougem2

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
This. I don't know why it's so far fetched that the Broncos and Packers already came to an agreement for Rodgers but need to wait for June 1st for the transaction to actually happen? The Packers probably need this next month to properly spin it with their fans.
If there's an agreement done, Schefter would have reported it by now.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I will say this - it does sort of seem that with their first two picks, they were drafting for the 2022 season. They picked players at positions that are currently full, but with guys on 1 year contracts.

If one was a conspiracy theorist, one could perhaps come to the conclusion that Paton is doing the following:

- Roll out the same thing for another year.
- After another 5-11 season, fire the coaching staff.
- Hire his own coaching staff.
- Draft a QB for his own coaching staff.
I wouldn't doubt it.

The plan for Elway's first year was clearly Suck for Luck, then Tebow and Manning changed all that.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The more these days pass, the more it feels like Aaron Rodgers is going to try and force the Packers to trade him to Denver.

Yeah, it’s the best realistic fit for him now since none of the California teams are happening. The Raiders report is just weird because they’re a mess but then again, Russell Wilson put them on his list too so maybe these guys just want to be in Vegas.

There seem to be enough questions about Fields where QB needy teams were willing to pass but I still think it was a mistake for the Broncos unless they believe they’re getting Rodgers.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Maybe its a secret

I think its possible that there might be a framework in place. But at the same time, Green Bay either needs time to convince him to stay or to condition the fanbase of whats to come in the meantime.

If Green Bay hopes to convince him to stay, I'm not sure it would be reported at this point.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Yeah, it’s the best realistic fit for him now since none of the California teams are happening. The Raiders report is just weird because they’re a mess but then again, Russell Wilson put them on his list too so maybe these guys just want to be in Vegas.

There seem to be enough questions about Fields where QB needy teams were willing to pass but I still think it was a mistake for the Broncos unless they believe they’re getting Rodgers.

The Milwaukee station has focused on Denver a lot for a few reasons.

One if the things brought up was that Green Bay would have no interest in Garofao's or Carr's contract coming back to them. Denver doesn't really have anything so onerous.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I don't follow soccer at all so I don't know what's going on there but it's funny to see positive talk about Avs/Nuggets/Rams ownership in NA while Arsenal fans are apparently ready to riot if the Kroenkes don't sell the team. Those soccer fans are on another level so they'd do it too in order to the force the sale.
Kroenke and Arsenal were part of some big power play in soccer that would have effectively shut out the smaller teams. It isn't just him facing the backlash, St Louis ain't so hot on him either.

But even owning a team can't make anyone give a shit about soccer.

Reactions: dahrougem2

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Rodgers to Denver would be absolutely terrible for the Broncos. Probably get 3 good years out of him, not even sure he is capable of putting this sorry ass franchise to super bowl contenders, let alone win one.

Not too mention, the whole cost to acquire him. Depending on source a minimum of 3 1st rounders. I've also read on top of the 3 picks they want young players like Jeudy and Chubb thrown in.

If they are looking for 3 firsts, Jeudy and Chubb as they package they want, then it's an easy pass for me on a 37 year old qb. That kind of trade would set you back for 15 years all for 3-4 years of contending, but probably not good enough to win.

You've got to be realistic and this isn't it. It's not like signing Manning for free other than paycheck. This would be serious assets that you might not recover from.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Kroenke and Arsenal were part of some big power play in soccer that would have effectively shut out the smaller teams. It isn't just him facing the backlash, St Louis ain't so hot on him either.

But even owning a team can't make anyone give a shit about soccer.

They hated him and wanted him gone long before the Super League.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Rodgers to Denver would be absolutely terrible for the Broncos. Probably get 3 good years out of him, not even sure he is capable of putting this sorry ass franchise to super bowl contenders, let alone win one.

Not too mention, the whole cost to acquire him. Depending on source a minimum of 3 1st rounders. I've also read on top of the 3 picks they want young players like Jeudy and Chubb thrown in.

If they are looking for 3 firsts, Jeudy and Chubb as they package they want, then it's an easy pass for me on a 37 year old qb. That kind of trade would set you back for 15 years all for 3-4 years of contending, but probably not good enough to win.

You've got to be realistic and this isn't it. It's not like signing Manning for free other than paycheck. This would be serious assets that you might not recover from.

Yeah I don't think the Broncos are ready. Fangio is a decent defensive mind but a terrible head coach, and the team as a whole just...isn't ready yet. They need to tank it one more season and start over with their QB situation and coaching staff, because Lock ain't it. Rodgers would not turn this team's fortunes around IMO, certainly not with Fangio still in charge.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Yeah I don't think the Broncos are ready. Fangio is a decent defensive mind but a terrible head coach, and the team as a whole just...isn't ready yet. They need to tank it one more season and start over with their QB situation and coaching staff, because Lock ain't it. Rodgers would not turn this team's fortunes around IMO, certainly not with Fangio still in charge.
Of course Manning had John Fox here for 3 years.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
On a side note, did the Rockies finally find a legit star catcher after 2050+ tries?
Who cares, he'll get good here, and then will be gone to the Yankees or another top end team.

It's sad but the Rockies are just a minor league feeder team for the real teams.

Rockies are a complete joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad