Status
Not open for further replies.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I wonder if Stone may be contemplating this being his last year

He is 74 after all

Kasper could do radio for year and then slot into booth for 2022 season

And Kasper said he wanted to be the voice of the Cubs till he retires. I still say the WS are merely a pit stop on his career. I still believe he will return to the Cubs in a few years, once all this mess is cleared up.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
And Kasper said he wanted to be the voice of the Cubs till he retires. I still say the WS are merely a pit stop on his career. I still believe he will return to the Cubs in a few years, once all this mess is cleared up.
get-over-it-go-out-with-somebody-else.jpg

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
TV to radio isn’t a sideways move. Kasper was forced out for reasons or he wanted out for reasons.

Especially from a team like the Cubs to the Sox. And I genuinely don’t mean that as a shot. Stone is great. He was ousted because the Cubs players were being children.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
TV to radio isn’t a sideways move. Kasper was forced out for reasons or he wanted out for reasons.

Especially from a team like the Cubs to the Sox. And I genuinely don’t mean that as a shot. Stone is great. He was ousted because the Cubs players were being children.

Stone was a one trick pony though. If it was not a "slider , low and away" analysis Stone was and still is pretty worthless. So I did not lose sleep over Stone leaving the Cubs. Jim DeShaies is so far ahead of him is not even worth a debate.

I will say this, if they could pair Kasper with Stone, they should do it because that's the only way to make Stone tolerable.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Stone was a one trick pony though. If it was not a "slider , low and away" analysis Stone was and still is pretty worthless. So I did not lose sleep over Stone leaving the Cubs. Jim DeShaies is so far ahead of him is not even worth a debate.

I will say this, if they could pair Kasper with Stone, they should do it because that's the only way to make Stone tolerable.

Just a whole bunch of nonsense in this post.

Reactions: Pez68

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs

This is so unbelievably wrong.

Stone is like watching Tony Romo, he's steps ahead of the viewer in his ability to predict what pitch is coming.

We get it though. DeShaies works for the Cubs, Stone does not, therefore DeShaies >>> Stone.

Let's call a spade a spade: You don't watch White Sox games, so you have no idea how good or bad Stone is over the last decade.

Last edited:

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Never been a Stone fan, always found him annoying. No denying he knows what he’s talking about, though.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Just a guess

Kopech, Madrigal and Collins to Tampa
Snell

Dunning to philly for Jean segura or sign Marcus Semien

Sox sign Brad Hand and resign Alex Colomw

Sox sign Trevor Bauer to a 3 year $105 million dollar deal with a player option after one year

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Just a guess

Kopech, Madrigal and Collins to Tampa
Snell

Dunning to philly for Jean segura or sign Marcus Semien

Sox sign Brad Hand and resign Alex Colomw

Sox sign Trevor Bauer to a 3 year $105 million dollar deal with a player option after one year
Bauer makes too much sense for the Sox to actually happen.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Lol. There is always so much bitterness when it comes to you and the Sox.

Stone is absolutely phenomenal, and I'd argue is probably one of the best analysts in baseball.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Lol. There is always so much bitterness when it comes to you and the Sox.

Stone is absolutely phenomenal, and I'd argue is probably one of the best analysts in baseball.

I used to think that about Stone when I was young. He may not be awful but Stone is nowhere near being "one of the best analysts in baseball". I was glad the Cubs let Stone leave.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It would be nice if Reinsdorf acted like a major market owner for a change. Now is the time. He will be 85 in a few months.

Reinsdorf spends $ when team has chance to compete

Also it was just two years ago Sox went after Machado with 200M+ deal so lets not act like Jerry is Bill Wirtz

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Yeah, you 100% cannot site the Machado pursuit as an example of Reinsdorf not being cheap when... it was a prime example of him being cheap.

He's all about making it look like they're interested so after they can say, "Well, we tried."

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

LOL he is on block

Multiple sources claim it and that is such a over the top statement from Middleton

Wheeler could be good pickup for White Sox

Kopech+ to Phills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad