OT: Other Sports 74

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Reinsdorf spends $ when team has chance to compete

Also it was just two years ago Sox went after Machado with 200M+ deal so lets not act like Jerry is Bill Wirtz
Jerry with the Sox is totally Bill Wirtz.

Jerry only offers 9 figures if he's certain it won't be accepted.
They did not make a serious offer to Machado. If the number didn't start with a 3 and the offer wasn't 9 figures, it wasn't serious.

Wheeler wasn't interested in Chicago.

There was no chance either offer was accepted.

He only does these things so he has people like you saying "well, at least he's not Bill Wirtz"

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Jerry with the Sox is totally Bill Wirtz.

Jerry only offers 9 figures if he's certain it won't be accepted.
They did not make a serious offer to Machado. If the number didn't start with a 3 and the offer wasn't 9 figures, it wasn't serious.

Wheeler wasn't interested in Chicago.

There was no chance either offer was accepted.

He only does these things so he has people like you saying "well, at least he's not Bill Wirtz"

Not even close.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Was Bill worse? No doubt. But there are a metric ton of similarities. Remember Bill spent at times. The Hawks made the playoffs for 24 straight years or something ridiculous like that until 97 or so.

There really aren't that many similarities. Bill is easily one of the worst sports owners in professional sports history. Reinsdorf... is not even close to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
There really aren't that many similarities. Bill is easily one of the worst sports owners in professional sports history. Reinsdorf... is not even close to that.
Jerry inherited Michael Jordan and they had one year when the hit the lotto on the South Side. He's been a shit owner. He just had better luck.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

LOL he is on block

Multiple sources claim it and that is such a over the top statement from Middleton

Wheeler could be good pickup for White Sox

Kopech+ to Phills

That would sting giving up Kopech, when a year ago they nearly signed him for no asset compensation.

But the Sox do need a TOR pitcher one way or another.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I don’t think Kopech has the value at this point you guys think. He could come back and rebuild that value but right now he’s not headlining a major trade

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Lance Lynn to the white sox
Dane Dunning heading to Texas along with prospect pitcher Avery weems

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I like Lance Lynn

I am not thrilled giving up Dunning in deal though as I really liked what he showed last year

I worry about Lynn's age but he seems like guy who should still be effective into his late 30's with way he pitches

Its nice to see Sox making move to break the silence

As for rotation I would bring back Q for #4 spot and let Cease/Kopech/etc battle it out for #5

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I dont like that he is under contract for only one more year though but it provides Sox with out if he ends up struggling or is injured

And if he does well its likely they can come to terms on an extension if need be

Dollar Jerry added over 9.3M to payroll with this acquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad