OT: Other Sports 74

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
New manager. Add a #2/3 type vet starter. Probably a new RF and this team is good to go. Bauer would be the dream, but I'm not sure how likely that is. But a solid number 3 would do this team wonders. Think Cease and Dunning can develop but you can't count on them yet and this team is good enough to win now.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You caught me before my edit. Ricky needs to go. I'm 100% on board with that. The post game just had Chuck, Ozzie, and Frank laying into Ricky. I think he's likely gone.

Sadly I dont expect him gone

He is Rick's guy and Jerry is already eating costs of the bum Bulls fired. Another coach salary during COVID economic uncertainty seems unlikely

New manager. Add a #2/3 type vet starter. Probably a new RF and this team is good to go. Bauer would be the dream, but I'm not sure how likely that is. But a solid number 3 would do this team wonders. Think Cease and Dunning can develop but you can't count on them yet and this team is good enough to win now.

We will never know if we can count on them because Ricky never lets his starters work thru trouble and today pulling Dunning in 1st after two singles was start of a long list of mistakes IMO

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Sadly I dont expect him gone

He is Rick's guy and Jerry is already eating costs of the bum Bulls fired. Another coach salary during COVID economic uncertainty seems unlikely

We will never know if we can count on them because Ricky never lets his starters work thru trouble and today pulling Dunning in 1st after two singles was start of a long list of mistakes IMO

The first thing I said was a new manager.

As for today, I don't have a problem with being aggressive in a must win game but today was absurd. If you were going to get a guy up after the 1st hitter gets on base, then don't start Dunning. I didn't understand going to Bummer to replace Crochet. That's where Rodon or Foster should have come in with and they could hopefully steal an inning or two, as there was no one on and bottom half of the order.

I do have my doubts that the Sox will pull the trigger on firing Ricky. By any measure this season was a success, so I could see them needing to see another flameout before getting rid of him. I hope I'm wrong but that's my fear.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Fingers and Toews

PIKA PIKA PIKACHU
Sep 21, 2020
Chicago
The first thing I said was a new manager.

As for today, I don't have a problem with being aggressive in a must win game but today was absurd. If you were going to get a guy up after the 1st hitter gets on base, then don't start Dunning. I didn't understand going to Bummer to replace Crochet. That's where Rodon or Foster should have come in with and they could hopefully steal an inning or two, as there was no one on and bottom half of the order.

I do have my doubts that the Sox will pull the trigger on firing Ricky. By any measure this season was a success, so I could see them needing to see another flameout before getting rid of him. I hope I'm wrong but that's my fear.

The last paragraph is the Bears, Hawks, and Sox in a nutshell

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Oy, it kind of looking like Contreras was dogging it there for a little bit. Hope my eyes were just bad.

Last edited:

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Terrible read by Contreras. Should have scored easily.

He should have, guessing the broken bat made him hold up and make sure the ball carried. Third base coach has to see that, the entire play is in front of him.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
LOLOLOLOL this Cubs offense is very painful to watch. This WC series feels oddly familiar to the 2008 Dodgers playoffs.

The grip it and rip it offense has proven to suck, Cubs, time for a new plan with a new cast of non-suckage players.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Happ at .500...Contreras at .250....a couple others at .167.....the rest at.000. We have had a revolving door of hitting coaches. I would say it is on the players without a doubt. Need to send a couple packing.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
upload_2020-10-2_16-8-54.png

generational bad

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The one time when breaking news cutting into coverage of a playoff game might be for the best. Avoid watching the Marlins win.

*looks at Twitter*

Well, might as well watch the season funeral on ESPN.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
One or more of them is likely gone this offseason IMO. Just absolutely pathetic numbers.

Probably start with Bryant...they wanted to pay him and he was pissed off over the service time thing from like 6 years ago, he's sucked for multiple seasons now...just move on from him...Schwarber is another guy they should probably move on from, hasn't been productive in a long time...

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Probably start with Bryant...they wanted to pay him and he was pissed off over the service time thing from like 6 years ago, he's sucked for multiple seasons now...just move on from him...Schwarber is another guy they should probably move on from, hasn't been productive in a long time...

Bryant, Baez, AND Schwarber should all go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->