OT: Other Sports 74

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not sure why some Sox fans are upset

Eaton is good defensive OF and should be improvement over what we have gotten production wise from RF in recent years

If he doesn't work out its only a one year deal ,, If he has good year we can exercise option for 2nd year

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Eaton was not good last year but the previous 6 seasons he was either league average or slightly above league average. Lynn and Eaton, imo, are a good start for the offseason for the Sox.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I'm throwing away Eaton's 2019 co-vid shortened season. He has more than enough of a track record to indicate that was an outlier. His defense isn't what it once was but I think he'll still be solid enough there. What I will question is bringing in an injury prone player with well documented clubhouse issues. I'm assuming they feel with LaRussa in charge that it won't be much of a problem hopefully.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
upload_2020-12-8_12-25-28.jpeg

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
We shall see, I guess. He's not healthy very often anymore, and he's 32. It's possible last season was the start of his decline, and not just an outlier.

This has MEH all over it.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Sox make another solid depth move less than 24 hours after proactively going after a legit #1 starter/all-star starting pitcher. Just one year removed from going after Keuchel(a legit #2) and Grandal(the top catcher on the market)....as well as going across boarders to steal Luis Robert(budding superstar) and before him Jose Abreu(current league MVP)... and countless trades that have resulted in one of the leagues deepest and most talented prospect pools...

...and lo and behold the fan base is still complaining that not enough is being done. LOL!!! Unreal.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
White Sox have sights set on former A’s closer Liam Hendriks. Per bob Nightengale
Sox still interested in Michael Brantley per jayson stark. Per Nightengale though they aren’t.

Still expected to go after another starter.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I listened to the Eaton clip and it wasn't bad. He chuckled and said, ok guys I think that's enough. Jurko was laughing.

Not the best way to handle it, but think its a nothing burger.

I don't see an issue with how he handled it, they knew exactly what they were asking and the road they were going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad