OT: Other Sports 74

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Sarah Fuller first female to kick in a power five football game. She's typically the Vanderbilt women's soccer team goalkeeper but due to Covid, Vandy didn't have any other kickers. Vandy was shut out against Mizzou so all she got to do was a designed squib kick to start the second half.

Vandy is 0-8 and Mizzou's defense never let them inside the 30yd line (game was out of hand when Vandy even got that close). So she didn't really have even a chance at a FG.

The kick looked pretty rough, but good for her.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The kick looked pretty rough, but good for her.

It was an intentional squib kick. They wanted her to be able to get off the field so a blocker didn’t hit her, is what I think I read.

Which to me kind of defeats the purpose of her kicking off.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I know it was a squib, but it was the strangest looking arc on a squib I've ever seen. Beyond that, kickers sometimes get hit. If any player can't take getting hit, they shouldn't be an active participant. It's like putting Kendall Coyne in for the Blackhawks, but only giving her a shift on a delayed penalty.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So they kept 4 guys from previous staff in same jobs (Hasler , Menechino , Boston and McEwing)

Good strategy as you dont want to completely overhaul staff and bring in new faces everywhere (Players are never fans of that)

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
So they kept 4 guys from previous staff in same jobs (Hasler , Menechino , Boston and McEwing)

Good strategy as you dont want to completely overhaul staff and bring in new faces everywhere (Players are never fans of that)

McEwing was the bench coach. They moved him to 3rd and got rid of Capra.

Rumor is he's not happy about Capra being let go.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
WS, you are getting the best Play by Play guy in the sport, bar none. So congratulations.

I've been mad, annoyed, happy, apathetic but I've never been this PISSED OFF by the Cubs since perhaps their decision to let Maddux go and replace him with Jose Guzman, Dan Plesac and Candy Maldonado.

F*************************** you Ricketts.

Reactions: BK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad