OT: Other Sports 72

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Apparently they did lose draft picks. 1st and 2nd rounders the next two years. I heard incorrectly.

I feel like Aaron Judge should be rewarded with the 2017 MVP and the Astros should be stripped of their World Series officially.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
MLB draft is such crap shoot that losing 2 picks is hardly punishment

Should have been stripped of international money for 5 years and had all draft picks for coming 3 drafts stripped

Make them live off UDFA , Trade acquisitions and FA

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
MLB draft is such crap shoot that losing 2 picks is hardly punishment

Should have been stripped of international money for 5 years and had all draft picks for coming 3 drafts stripped

Make them live off UDFA , Trade acquisitions and FA
i would restrict that even further within your parameters. no FA signing unless it is your own.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
They should have been expelled from game and stripped of title

Shoeless Joe did less (If he even did anything wrong at all) then these Astros players and management and is banned for life

Manfred has been joke as commish and his comments about the WS trophy further show how pathetic he is
Manfred is coming off like an idiot but you keep making this nonsense Black Sox argument. Cheating to win is bad. Purposely losing a World Series for financial gain is something else entirely. And yes, I know Jackson was great in that series and is probably just guilty by association.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Manfred is coming off like an idiot but you keep making this nonsense Black Sox argument. Cheating to win is bad. Purposely losing a World Series for financial gain is something else entirely. And yes, I know Jackson was great in that series and is probably just guilty by association.
the point is cheating is still cheating whether it is for any particular reason or not. everyone is guilty who knew about it.

btw cheating to win the championship ...... well winning a championship does bring in its own financial gain..... so in essence it is still the same thing.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I understand the player immunity thing. Manfred needed solid information and if the only reliable way to get it is to give Astro's players a consequence-free means to divulge, then you've gotta do it.

Players can't be punished, but the WS should be stripped away.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
and since i am in this f***ing mood, hey JR, quit counting your money you will be earning next season by not getting a #1 starting pitcher ...... go out and trade someone for that elusive #1 pitcher.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I understand the player immunity thing. Manfred needed solid information and if the only reliable
way to get it is to give Astro's players a consequence-free means to divulge, then you've gotta do it.

Players can't be punished, but the WS should be stripped away.

Agreed. The players weren't going to volunteer it. Also the union wasn't going to let the players tattle on themselves without immunity.

So the players on the opposing teams that are complaining about the Astros deservedly by the way, should be mad at their own union for sheltering these scumbags.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Funny listening to David Ortiz complaining about fleirs who was the whistleblower about the stros.
Even funnier coming from a guy who failed a Ped test and whose former team is also waiting for their sanctions for cheating.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Funny listening to David Ortiz complaining about fleirs who was the whistleblower about the stros.
Even funnier coming from a guy who failed a Ped test and whose former team is also waiting for their sanctions for cheating.
Hey but the media likes him so let's vote him into the HOF when no other steroid guys get in!

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
If the Cubs don't make it, I'm watchin the WS matchup Monday at 8 ET on the MLB network: White Sox vs Dodgers.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
So the Marquee Sports Network launches today. This is my first time looking at it. Anyone here have DirecTV? Will I just get the channel with my package, or will I have to pay extra? Not sure how this works.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So the Marquee Sports Network launches today. This is my first time looking at it. Anyone here have DirecTV? Will I just get the channel with my package, or will I have to pay extra? Not sure how this works.

AT&T was I believe first to agree to carry it among major providers so if you have channel right now that means it is part of your package and you have it

If your package is

Xtra , Ultimate or Premier you will get channel on Direct TV as part of packages

I have U-verse and it will be channels 740/1740 (NBC Sports Chicago is 741/1741 and NBC Sports Chicago+ is 742/1742)

AT&T TV also has it for those who have that serivce as well

Expect to potentially see your bill go up a couple dollars as that is what RCN informed customers that regional sports fee would go up $2.40 to accomodate carrying Marquee

Frankly I dont care about station as I am White Sox fan

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Cubs Marquee Network launches Saturday on 40 providers

Marquee Sports Network will be available on these channels:
  • DIRECTV, channel 664
  • AT&T U-Verse, SD channel 740 and HD channel 1740
  • RCN, SD channel 377 and HD channel 679
  • MetroNet, channel 29
  • TVision, channel 100
Subscribers of Hulu and LiveTV+ in the Midwest will also have access to Marquee Network content, but only those who live in the Cubs “territory” will have access.

What the hell is TVision and MetroNet?

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Appreciate the responses guys!

I am not home but I look forward to checking later. I anticipate some issues at first. Like, for example, there is an app, but it doesn’t have DirecTV as a provider to sign into. Oh well. Get the kinks worked out now!

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
White sox sign Leury Garcia 1 year deal worth $3.25 with team option for $3.5 million.

Also extend Aaron bummer 5 years $16.0 million. Including 2 team options worth a combined $13.5 million.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
125.jpg

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
White sox sign Leury Garcia 1 year deal worth $3.25 with team option for $3.5 million.

Also extend Aaron bummer 5 years $16.0 million. Including 2 team options worth a combined $13.5 million.
signing Aaron Bummer for 5 yrs and buying out his arb's yrs.... even if that is not the case it is a good move. keeping the players of the future happy while hoping to contend.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
signing Aaron Bummer for 5 yrs and buying out his arb's yrs.... even if that is not the case it is a good move. keeping the players of the future happy while hoping to contend.

Yeah. It's how the Sox like to operate. They don't mind overpaying a bit early, if it potentially helps them avoiding pay top dollar amount later.

The Bummer signing is a bit risky. He was kind of a bum before last year, but was really good in 2019. Relievers are volatile. hopefully last year becomes the norm. I'm happy with the signing.

Reactions: LDF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad