OT: Other Sports 72

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Something about a 162 game season being decided by a single wildcard game or a best of 3 series doesn’t fit. It seems gimmicky.

What would be wrong with 8 teams from the AL and 8 from the NL being seeded #1-#8 and handling it like the NBA?

I always enjoyed how special it was to make the mlb playoffs, back when there were four teams especially. Eight in each league dilutes it as badly as basketball and hockey.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I always enjoyed how special it was to make the mlb playoffs, back when there were four teams especially. Eight in each league dilutes it as badly as basketball and hockey.

Absolutely. The playoffs are not a participation trophy tournament. Too many teams in the playoffs makes the playoff less special. Hades, look how long playoffs take in the NBA and the NHL? 2 months to play the playoffs? Come on. The current playoff format is fine, in fact I love the current format. I love the Sudden Death Wild Card game. So, I do not love the idea of a best of three WC series...Screw that noise. Leave the current playoff format alone, Manfred.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Less is more when it comes to the playoffs. I personally think that the NHL is the only league where it makes anywhere close to sense to have 16 teams in the playoffs. 12 is appropriate for the NFL and 8 would be appropriate for Baseball and Basketball.

It wouldn't bother me if the NHL went to 8 or 12 teams either.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Keuchel has contracted foot in mouth disease as well. Just **** and apologize. Quit pointing fingers and take responsibility.

He already apologized at SoxFest. He was better off just leaving it at that not the "well we deserved our title, other teams cheated too but we got caught" bullshit.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
it’s sad but you hear stories like this all the time. Kids that come from very little all of a sudden have millions of dollars and no idea how to protect it

I'd say the money isn't really the major thing in that article... I was thinking more along the lines of the woman and his child being murdered, and in front of his 3 year old son... and throw that on top of all the free-loaders and shitty people taking from him... and all the people who mercilessly shredded him throughout his career.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
I'm so sick of the entire bulls organization.

I didn't watch a single minute of the ASG coverage this past weekend, but it was still disappointing as hell to see Chicago host the game and have nothing to contribute to it, or any future to look forward to. Sure the MJ dynasty memories are there, and Butler getting a nice hand was nice...but everything else...poof.

I told myself many years ago when the dynasty ended that I was lucky enough to experience one of the greatest dynasties of pro sports and that was a lifetime's worth of championships to celebrate, and I'd be happy with the Bulls never winning again. But I never thought they'd be this disastrous for so long.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
@southsideIrish

They are a joke of a organization. Even with a new GM coming in. How long before the backroom politics happens and gar/pax get involved to undermine the new guy. Or the new guy will just be a puppet.
I have always admired how Jerry stays loyal to guys. I don't want to be a team that fires guys every 3 years.
But there is no excuses for the current front office. It's been long enough and they don't deserve any more time to figure this out.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I don’t know how a professional sports team with a pr department could have the players/owner as unprepared for some obvious questions as the Astros were today.
people, org still thinks that a line of BS will suffice and get them off the front firing line....... that is old time politics and even then it didn't work ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad