OT: Other Sports 72

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah. It's how the Sox like to operate. They don't mind overpaying a bit early, if it potentially helps them avoiding pay top dollar amount later.

The Bummer signing is a bit risky. He was kind of a bum before last year, but was really good in 2019. Relievers are volatile. hopefully last year becomes the norm. I'm happy with the signing.
excellent point and which is true, i would also like, imo that is or will be their beginning of the window of opportunity for the playoff.

like the players are young and eager and sign them up like this they, both the players and org have nothing to worry about.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Law thinks that Madrigal is David Eckstein or Placido Polanco. I tend to skew toward the Law view on prospects in that it's all about tools, tools, and more tools.
All in all...he's got Madigral way lower than I'd like, but Vaughn probably a lot higher. So we'll see how they all pan out.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Well, Illinois basketball will finish the conference with at least a .500 record, which is great to see. Really hope they win their next 2 games (@Northwestern and vs Indiana), though I’m worried about a slip up in one of those. Either way, a super successfully season. Thought this season was about to go in the crapper after a horrible out of conference performance, but they figured it out.

I could see them making some noise in the tournament. I could also see them being a first round exit. Their lack of shooting is what worries me. Their defense will usually keep them in games, but you have to be able to hit shots to win. We’ll see, though. Regardless, barring some catastrophic finish to this season, it’ll be nice to see Illinois’ name called on selection Sunday again. It’s been wayyyyyy too long.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Man, the Bulls organization is the laughing stock of the NBA. Sad to see.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gif

Its rather amazing how far both organizations have fallen in last 20 years

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The Bulls are the Second City Knicks.

Both are in basketball meccas that free agents would love to play in, but who are managed by such utter incompetence that nobody of note would want to touch without a massive overpay.

Reactions: BK and Mrfenn92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad