OT: Other Sports 72

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Yep. They pretty much get Betts for taking on Price's terrible contract. And it's only 3 more years. It also likely gives them a leg up on re-signing Betts, as he'll have a year living in Socal and from the Dodgers perspective, hopefully not want to leave there.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Pretty embarrassing to move the second best player in the game for that. Essentially a luxury tax move, especially when you’re a 3.2 billion dollar franchise

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Twins are definitely going all in for the division (I personally have them winning it). Maeda is dolid but biggest issue is he is injury prone. I will say Sawks got alot weaker as far as Wild Card implications so that's a plus.

And personally (if Sox are out) I would love to see the Dodgers finally win it all. Their ownership absolutely deserves it.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Yep. They pretty much get Betts for taking on Price's terrible contract. And it's only 3 more years. It also likely gives them a leg up on re-signing Betts, as he'll have a year living in Socal and from the Dodgers perspective, hopefully not want to leave there.

They are also one of the few teams who can afford him too. Wouldn't shock me to see him re-up there.

Reactions: Sarava

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Markkanen reportedly unhappy with Bulls, won't re-sign. I can't blame him. They have to be an absolutely toxic organization to players at this point. I have no idea what they can do to rebuild their image to the NBA players.

If I were drafted by the Bulls, I'd go play in Europe instead.

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Markkanen reportedly unhappy with Bulls, won't re-sign. I can't blame him. They have to be an absolutely toxic organization to players at this point. I have no idea what they can do to rebuild their image to the NBA players.

That's not a surprise at all.
Boylen has done really lousy job with Markkanen this season.

You're right on that no-one can't blame Markkanen.
Even concussioned baboon can see that new Bulls '' offense'' doesn't fit Lauri's game style.

But it's not only Boylen.
It's also GarPax and Bulls development staff too who are screwed up Markkanen's development.

Lauri still has star potential in him.
But he needs better team around him and coach who can develop young players.

Now Bulls and Lauri's agent should sit-down and think together how to move on of this case.
Markkanen's trade value is low but maybe Bulls should let Markkanen slip to RFA free agency.

And if some other team makes an offer-sheet for Markkanen
then Bulls can let him go and not match that offer.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Bulls shouldn't be happy with what they have gotten from Markkanen

The guy is soft and inept defensively and is far from a great shooter

Bulls made mistake drafting him

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014

If I was a young promising NBA player I think there's only a handful of teams I'd want to go to less than the Bulls. I can't blame anyone for not wanting to play for the dumpster fire that is the Bulls.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The Bulls are the Second City Knicks this century.

Hey, Jerry? Why hasn't this alone caused you to completely clear house?

Bulls Home Attendance Ranking
2001: 2nd
2002: 9th
2003: 5th
2004: 3rd
2005: 2nd
2006: 2nd
2007: 1st
2008: 2nd
2009: 2nd
2010: 1st
2011: 1st
2012: 1st
2013: 1st
2014: 1st
2015: 1st
2016: 1st
2017: 1st
2018: 1st
2019: 2nd
2020 (so far): 10th

2019-2020 NBA Attendance - National Basketball Association - ESPN

You've let GarPax kill the goose that laid the golden egg, Jerry. Fire everybody, let the sports gods sort them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad