OT: Other Sports 72

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Are you suggesting that Bryant would forgo more money from the Cubs if they had the best offer to go somewhere else in 2 years? Are you suggesting Boras would have advised him to take less from the Cubs now had they brought him up on day 1? Because if the answer to both of those is no, what are we even talking about?

It’s an interesting point you bring up, do whatever and let the money talk at the end. It’s the rumblings from Bryant’s camp like in that Greenberg tweet a page back that are the concern. Calling them liars and what not. I mean, maybe he is just emotional about losing the grievance. Hopefully it is just that. If not, he may take less to leave.

Based on the info we have, it seems like he is taking the business side of things personal. But then, why would a man of principle hire Boras? A guy like that would have hired someone else IMO. Hiring Boras sets the stage to be treated like a commodity.

Last edited:
Reactions: LDF

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
DO NOT trade Bryant unless it's an offer you cannot refuse. Trading Bryant now pretty much punts the 2020 season. There are three guys among the FA that might be interesting, especially in platoon situations are Gennett, Holt and Dozier and I am not thrill with any of those guys. Not thrilled with Bote being move into a more more prominent role. So, unless you get an offer you cannot refuse (and yes, I think Nolan/$$$ for Bryant is interesting to consider), do not trade Kris Bryant. It's too late in the off-season to make that trade.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It’s an interesting point you bring up, do whatever and let the money talk at the end. It’s the rumblings from Bryant’s camp like in that Greenberg tweet a page back that are the concern. Calling them liars and what not. I mean, maybe he is just emotional about losing the grievance. Hopefully it is just that. If not, he may take less to leave.

Based on the info we have, it seems like he is taking the business side of things personal. But then, why would a man of principle hire Boras? A guy like that would have hired someone else IMO. Hiring Boras sets the stage to be treated like a commodity.
boras will let Bryant sign with the club if they will pay extra .... as he has done with some other clients. they burnt their bridges with Bryant ........ might as well see what they can get for him.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
DO NOT trade Bryant unless it's an offer you cannot refuse. Trading Bryant now pretty much punts the 2020 season. There are three guys among the FA that might be interesting, especially in platoon situations are Gennett, Holt and Dozier and I am not thrill with any of those guys. Not thrilled with Bote being move into a more more prominent role. So, unless you get an offer you cannot refuse (and yes, I think Nolan/$$$ for Bryant is interesting to consider), do not trade Kris Bryant. It's too late in the off-season to make that trade.

have you seen the bull pen and rotation? The season has already been punted.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Cubs basically picked Jeffress over Strop at this point, to me that says what the Cubs think of how little is left in
Pedro's tank. That makes me sad because he has been damn good for the Cubs during his career.

He was very good in the bullpen for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad