OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I don’t really watch the NFL or any football in general, but I have to say the NFL commissioner looks like an even bigger dork than Bettman.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don’t really watch the NFL or any football in general, but I have to say the NFL commissioner looks like an even bigger dork than Bettman.
ucohff9w2hkz.jpg

Reactions: Papa Francouz

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Ruggs is like the 4th best receiver on that Bama team.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Jeudy is eating Pizza Hut, Broncos should draft Lamb instead.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Not sure what some people want. We walk away with the best WR in the draft without trading any assets, and yet some people still complain.

We got a great pick who many regarded as the best WR in the draft and instantly makes the offense much harder to defend, and gives a young QB another quality target.

As for LT, still needs to be resolved but reaching for someone in the first round while passing on more talented players isn't the way to do it. Passing on talent to draft a need never pays off.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Can't be mad the way things worked out tonight
Walked out with the best WR, without giving up any assets to do so, couple that with the Raiders having a miserable bad first round, and Chargers taking a huge gamble on Herbert, not a bad day for Broncos fans.

Reactions: bl02

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Does it really matter what the Broncos do when they're in-division with the Chiefs?

I think it does. We've played some close games against the Chiefs in the past few years and that's with a roster in the process of being turned-over. It's not like they're destroying us every single time we play them. Mahomes is great but the Chiefs aren't as invincible as people seem to think.

Maybe the Broncos can send over a pick (or 2 later ones) for Trent Williams and either move Bolles to guard or dump him altogether. I think that would allow them to focus their next few picks on more urgent needs like CB and ILB.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think it does. We've played some close games against the Chiefs in the past few years and that's with a roster in the process of being turned-over. It's not like they're destroying us every single time we play them. Mahomes is great but the Chiefs aren't as invincible as people seem to think.

Maybe the Broncos can send over a pick (or 2 later ones) for Trent Williams and either move Bolles to guard or dump him altogether. I think that would allow them to focus their next few picks on more urgent needs like CB and ILB.
We are pretty far away from competing with the Chiefs at this point. My gut tells me just take the most talented players you can find regardless of position. This doesn't mean just take the most talented player and move on. It means if there is a talented guy who happens to play Safety and has slipped a bit for some reason (not our biggest need) still take him we just need an overall talent boost right now. If there is no clear talented guy that has dropped than evaluate by positional need.

Right now the goal for the Broncos should be feild a team that can compete for a wildcard spot. To do that we just need overall talent boosts at many positions. So go find talent don't worry about positions, that's how you miss on talent. Further down the rebuild road is when we need to start focusing on positional need.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Broncos, for whatever reason, had a fantastic record against Tom Brady and the Patriots, so I don't think the Chefs are some insurmountable obstacle in the division. They're certainly the best team at present, but they're not necessarily invincible.

I don't necessarily foresee an Elway-Schottenheimer scenario between the Broncos and Mahomes. That had every bit as much to do with Schottenheimer being the worst playoff coach EVER as much as it had to do with Elway being great.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I feel like Aaron Rodgers is going to be less than thrilled that the Packers drafted Love in the 1st round.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I feel like Aaron Rodgers is going to be less than thrilled that the Packers drafted Love in the 1st round.

But they drafted an offensive skill player! He wanted that! :laugh:

It is so incredibly similar to how Rodgers came in. Rodgers realistically should only be counted on for another 2-3 years, and Love is raw, but incredibly talented. Him having those couple years and being able to step in just like Rodgers did will keep Green Bay competitive for a long time.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
But they drafted an offensive skill player! He wanted that! :laugh:

It is so incredibly similar to how Rodgers came in. Rodgers realistically should only be counted on for another 2-3 years, and Love is raw, but incredibly talented. Him having those couple years and being able to step in just like Rodgers did will keep Green Bay competitive for a long time.
Oh I'm not bashing the pick at all, I totally get it. But knowing how Rodgers is that is going to seriously piss him off :laugh:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Walked out with the best WR, without giving up any assets to do so, couple that with the Raiders having a miserable bad first round, and Chargers taking a huge gamble on Herbert, not a bad day for Broncos fans.
Yep.

They would have had to trade up for any of the tackles I wanted in the 1st so staying pat and getting the best receiver in the draft is a huge win.

Yes I still want OT help, but who knows if anyone other than San Fran was willing to move their 1st ahead of the Broncos especially given the circumstances of the draft.

But yeah the Broncos should just give up because the Chefs won their first Super Bowl in 50 years. Just be the Washington Generals until Mahomes retires in 15 years. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad