Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ugh...Winston can't get out of the NFL quick enough for my liking. He's slime personified.

Eagles should see if they can get one of the available names if the cap allows it. Wentz is a really good QB but you know he's going to get hurt at some point.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Ugh...Winston can't get out of the NFL quick enough for my liking. He's slime personified.

Eagles should see if they can get one of the available names if the cap allows it. Wentz is a really good QB but you know he's going to get hurt at some point.

I think Howie sees the writing on the wall. He did what he could to keep their SB window open for another 2 years after they won, but at some point the bill comes due.

Fletcher Cox's cap hit increases by like, $10M next season, and I think they'll have some dead money to deal with, on top of Alshon's whole drama (he was the "unnamed Eagles player" who trashed Wentz before last season) and the fact his contract might prove untradeable and un-releaseable.

I can see them going all in on as much rookie infusion as possible so that they don't go through a prolonged slump.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I hope this isn't like what happened when the Broncos brought in Jim Bates with all the hype, changed the personnel to fit his scheme, and then scrambled to go back to the way it was after he was fired.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Broncos sign Melvin Gordon to a 2 year contract ($16M total - $13.5 guaranteed)!!

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
I feel like Freeman didn't get much of a chance at all. This is an interesting signing. Makes me wonder if WR is really their top priority in round 1. Seems like they would be really loaded at the talent positions while still having some pretty big holes on the O (and potentially D) lines as well as corner.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I feel like Freeman didn't get much of a chance at all. This is an interesting signing. Makes me wonder if WR is really their top priority in round 1. Seems like they would be really loaded at the talent positions while still having some pretty big holes on the O (and potentially D) lines as well as corner.

They’ll likely pick up a vet WR and 1-2 young guys in the draft. I think they’re probably waiting to see if they can get one of the top 3 WR in the draft before signing a guy like Robbie Anderson. At least that’s what I’m thinking might happen.

they honestly need 2 WRs though. They got Sutton and no one else

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They’ll likely pick up a vet WR and 1-2 young guys in the draft. I think they’re probably waiting to see if they can get one of the top 3 WR in the draft before signing a guy like Robbie Anderson. At least that’s what I’m thinking might happen.

they honestly need 2 WRs though. They got Sutton and no one else

Is Hamilton at least a decent #3?

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
Hamilton seemed to show some chemistry with Lock, so maybe he can be a #3. He's been really disappointing so far though

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
the 49ers trade of D’Forest Buckner to the Colts for their #1 may really haunt the Broncos….I’m starting to see a lot of mocks now that have all three of the good WR’s in this draft (Jeudy, Riggs, and Lamb) all going before the Broncos pick at 15

The good news is that as WR's go up the board there's a chance one of the OT's falls to tbe Broncos

AW8

Apr 28, 2014
Shelby Harris signs on the cheap. Broncos D is looking decent.
My hope in draft is Ruggs with first and Ruiz with second (trade up if need be)

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Anyone think the Broncos will have to trade up if they want Ruggs? Look what Hill did for KC, everyone is going to want that kind of speed at WR now.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Anyone think the Broncos will have to trade up if they want Ruggs? Look what Hill did for KC, everyone is going to want that kind of speed at WR now.

The key will be the Jets pick. If they go OT the Broncos will likely get one of the 3 best WRs in the class. I'm already counting on Oakland/Las Vegas and San Fran taking WR's.

Reactions: AvsWraith
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad