OT: Other Colorado Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies...III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Look at the bright side! If the season is only 40 games, the Rockies are a shoe in to win it all!
If it's 40 games, I want the Rockies to lose most of them because of Kumar Rocker <3

Kind of like the 12-13 Avs

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Avs took all this time off to get healthy, Nuggets took all this time off to get injured. Sheesh.

Also, I didn't realize Scott Oberg, basically the only Rox reliever who isn't getting annihilated on the mound regularly, is out for the season and very likely for good due to a re-occurrence of blood clots in his arm.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Starting to think we're not getting Kumar Rocker

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I seriously have no idea how the NBA is doing their bubble thing. Are they just kinda doing a truncated regular season and then playoffs, or is it at all similar to what the NHL is doing?

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
I seriously have no idea how the NBA is doing their bubble thing. Are they just kinda doing a truncated regular season and then playoffs, or is it at all similar to what the NHL is doing?

I believe they're essentially finishing the season to figure out playoff seeding with the caveat that if the 9 seed is within a certain number of games back of the 8 seed at the end those two teams do a play-in?

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I believe they're essentially finishing the season to figure out playoff seeding with the caveat that if the 9 seed is within a certain number of games back of the 8 seed at the end those two teams do a play-in?

Huh, that's interesting. And they've got the whole entire league in one location, right?

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
They are finishing their regular season, so the Nuggets are currently the 3rd seed in the West but could possibly move up to 2nd or fall back a few spots. I think around 9 regular season games for each team.

Similar to the NHL, the brought the top 12 teams from each conference but the top 8 will make the playoffs. Once the playoffs start it is their normal 8 plays 1, 7 plays 2 etc.

The big reason for finishing the regular season is the top teams are using the games to get in shape. The players strongly recommended not jumping right into the playoffs.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
^^^^ what he said

I don't believe Nurkic and Jokic were going to co-exist unfortunately....the Nuggets were kind of pressured into that one.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
You can still not trade him for freaking Plumlee. And they could've played together, which they would prove had they been given a chance.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yeah guys, it's well-documented that once the Nuggets began leaning more toward Jokic, Nurkic wanted out.

And NBA trades are always kinda weird. I still don't quite know how it ended up that Donovan Mitchell ended up in Utah when it was a Nuggets draft pick that selected him. If you're gonna complain about the front office making mistakes, complain about that.

Speaking of Donovan, today was a gutsy-as-hell win. They were getting killed earlier in the contest, battled back, and then took it to double-OT to win. Blue Arrow with a huge three-pointer to essentially put it away, Joker keeping it alive with a basket in the first overtime with 0.03 seconds remaining (they had to review it because the effin' clock operators were having trouble for some reason). And Murray was clearly still really hurting and exhausted to boot.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Yeah guys, it's well-documented that once the Nuggets began leaning more toward Jokic, Nurkic wanted out.

And NBA trades are always kinda weird. I still don't quite know how it ended up that Donovan Mitchell ended up in Utah when it was a Nuggets draft pick that selected him. If you're gonna complain about the front office making mistakes, complain about that.
The NBA has the Stepien rule that bars teams from trading their 1st in consecutive years, so on draft day trades the teams will select players the trade them rather than trade the picks and get the next year’s 1st frozen.

Nurkic and Gary Harris were both Chicago Bulls draft picks and traded that night to the Nuggets.

Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad