Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I just saw a "GOAT Nugget" poll and the finalists were Alex English vs. Nikola Jokic and Chauncey Billups vs. Carmelo Anthony.

It should still be English and not even be close. Jokic may end up being the best-ever Nugget when all is said and done but it's WAY too early to declare that.

Just kinda shows you how different this franchise's history has gone as opposed to, say, the Broncos or the Avalanche. It's not readily obvious who the all-time greats are on a franchise that just hasn't seen a ton of success.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I honestly don't even see how Chauncey makes that final 4 to be honest.....that's more about Chauncey growing up here and being good in Detroit vs his success as a Nugget.

I never watched Issel or the other old-timer play (guy whose jersey was retired) but David Thompson and those two should be included in that discussion. Hell you could throw Dikembe in there and Fat Lever as well.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I honestly don't even see how Chauncey makes that final 4 to be honest.....that's more about Chauncey growing up here and being good in Detroit vs his success as a Nugget.

I never watched Issel or the other old-timer play (guy whose jersey was retired) but David Thompson and those two should be included in that discussion. Hell you could throw Dikembe in there and Fat Lever as well.

Yeah, Skywalker should be included for sure, but I still think English was the best. Fat also should be in the conversation and IMO remains the best point guard they've ever had.

I think Dikembe Mutombo was definitely the best defensive player and one of the all time greats...but I'm still a little iffy on retiring his number because he played most of his best years elsewhere. But whatever...I still don't really like that "Final Four." COMPLETELY AGREE that Chauncey shouldn't be in there. His first stint with the Nuggets was awful, and he was past his prime by the time he came back. It should've been something like English, Mutombo, Skywalker, and Lever. Jokic shouldn't be in the conversation...yet.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah, Skywalker should be included for sure, but I still think English was the best. Fat also should be in the conversation and IMO remains the best point guard they've ever had.

Yeah I agree that English was the best. I always thought of Fat as a SG but maybe not. Michael Adams always seemed like the PG to me but maybe it was the other way around. Byron Beck was the other white dude I couldn't remember. Apparently he was really good but I never watched him play. I never watched Thompson play either but even in the 90s people were still raving about how good he was.

Looking at pro basketball reference, theyve got Issel ahead of English in some conctocted value state for the franchise. It's fun to look through some of the names though. I forgot about Chris Jackson/Mahmoud, Mudiay, Nene, and Kiki........I swore Mahmoud was going to be a hall of famer from the moment they drafted him. What a disappointment that guy was.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Issel was a big man with outside range like Joker and at one point was like 5th in all time scoring counting ABA stats.

Joker really has a shot at the team's best ever and usurping best Nugget at their peak from Skywalker.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Anybody else watching the ‘98 Super bowl on TV?

We were a well oiled machine those days. I forgot about Romo and how freakin’ nuts he was.

I wonder if Elway is still happy with how he “went out on top” and wonder if he wishes he played another season. He’s head and shoulders above how good Peyton was his last season.

I forgot how Elam couldn’t make a kick, too.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
NFL draft starts tomorrow. Finally some actual sports!

Rumor has it the Broncos are going to trade up a bit with their 3 3rds to get Jurrel Jeudy WR from Alabama. Don’t expect me to ever be objective about a Tide player, but I really think a tackle would pay more dividends than a 2nd receiver and you tend to have better luck getting them in lower rounds.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I think they're trying to trade up for Wirfs but who knows.

They've thrown out rumors about an OT and WR, which makes me think they could be also considering a CB :laugh:

Nonetheless they're actually in a great spot. I feel like there's a pretty good drop of talent somewhere around 16-20 in this draft.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Not even going to pretend to know much about the draft eligible players (though I did watch more NCAA ball this year than ever) but I am so fired up to watch this draft.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
My takes I guess:

Unless you pick Jeudy, I wouldn't draft a receiver in the 1st round.

I prefer Tua over Burrow if injuries weren't such a big issue.

Random QB I like that will go in the middle rounds is Jake Luton, even though he's like 50 years old.

Cam Akers is better than any other RB in this class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->