Speculation: OT: Do you think the Tampa Bay Lightning can or will be the next NHL dynasty? (Edit: hahaha, nope)

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Has Hedman ever been 100% for 8 weeks straight, in his entire NHL career? He's elite, when healthy, but it doesn't seem like his body can stay at that level for more than a third of a year straight. Can't bet on a core with a vital piece like that always overdue for an IR stint after 6 weeks. I don't think he's "soft" by any means, and it's not like he plays like Pronger did, but he just can't stay on the ice at 100% for a full playoff run...so I've been and remain skeptical.

I thought they would have won the series in 3 games against CLB though.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Their captain is a joke come playoff time. According to lightning fans cooper is just complete dog ****. Their stars just completely disappeared. Their best player last night imo was alex ****ing killorn. Everyone on the team just looks like theyre defeated.

Makes me grateful how the hawks had a core of players that actually played well in the playoffs. Imagine if we got swept by minny in 2013 lmao.

So...the 2019 Lightning are the 2017 'hawks. If Columbus wins tonight I agree.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I would compare the Lightning team more to the 2006 Wings.
Agreed, but I was talking a lifeless team, The coach doing nothing, The captain doing nothing, the stars disappearing like a fart in the wind, and their best player being on the bottom of the roaster.

That right there describes the 2017 playoff 'hawks. Yes, the 2006 Wings as well, but in more recent memory the 2017 'hawks.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
So...the 2019 Lightning are the 2017 'hawks. If Columbus wins tonight I agree.

They did not just win...it was utter humiliation of a 62 win, 128 point, +103 goal differential team. WOW! They upped the 2017 hawks cause that Blackhawks roster was nowhere close to as dominant in the regular season and or had the star power like the 2019 Lightning.

2019 Lightning season can only be described in one word, CHOKE

Last edited:
Reactions: LordKOTL

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Staying course has been what they have been doing as core no showed too many times in big moments

Time to shake up core 96 Wings style

I would trade Stamkos (He has NMC so it will be difficult)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They aren't trading a kid like Sergachev

Stamkos + Johnson + Palat will be guys I could see them looking to move

Johnson + Palat have been plagued by injuries since breakout years a few back

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They aren't trading a kid like Sergachev

Stamkos + Johnson + Palat will be guys I could see them looking to move

Johnson + Palat have been plagued by injuries since breakout years a few back

Hawks finished second to Tampa in the Johnson race iirc? Palat could be on their radar as well. Could be a nice fit in the top 9...

check that...palat contract term/aav not ideal

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
Hawks finished second to Tampa in the Johnson race iirc? Palat could be on their radar as well. Could be a nice fit in the top 9...

check that...palat contract term/aav not ideal
Again it's a nice thought but both Johnson and Palat have full NTCs. I doubt they're willing to waive just because Tampa got swept. If you're looking for a realistic target, try J.T. Miller or Yanni Gourde

chrispw1

Dec 5, 2015
At least the 2017 Hawks have company although they will always go down as the first one seed swept out of the first round although Vancouver came close in 2012 but salvaged game four. Also Pens get swept out two years after a multi cup run just like Hawks did so at least it has happened to other teams now.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Stan needs to convince TB GM that a 2 time cup winning goalie is final piece to puzzle and get us Vasi
you know, this is totally my opinion and well here it is

Fla maybe looking to move their goalie - James Reimer .... i know nothing of TB goalie - Vasi nor do i know anything about Reimer...

so what are your thoughts. or anyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad