Oshawa Generals 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Interested to see how the draft would play out next season if the OHL doesn’t run. How do 2nd year eligible guys make a case for themselves? Surely a season without a significant shoulder injury and world junior experience would get Suni noticed more. I guess Suni could also go back overseas to play. Moore would be stuck though.

Yeah if there's no season next year the CHL guys are f***ed. I'd assume a lot would go overseas to Europe to play but how many top end leagues will have all these open spots? Going to be very interesting.

Same with OHL. They're just going to draft kids based on their bantam games? Some kids grow 6+ inches in their minor midget year

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
That has been known for over a month now. You're a bit late my dude.

Been a good day for the Tomasino to the Gens stock today (if there's an OHL season). NSH wants to get younger and wants to get some more cap space. And they did both by trading Bonino for Kunin. And it doesn't even open a centre spot either. Add in the Turris buyout and there's even more cap space and their top 3 C spots are still already taken in Johansen, Duchene, Kunin

Duchene hasn't played centre with Nashville at all. You have already been told this, but continue to post false information.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Duchene hasn't played centre with Nashville at all. You have already been told this, but continue to post false information.

Duchene took 695 face-offs for Nashville last year (won 56.1% of them) in the regular season, taking the 3rd most on the team. He took 177 more face-offs than Kyle Turris in only 4 more games lol. Once again, something that can easily be fact-checked with literally 20 seconds of research but you don't do it and make yourself look bad, again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 12.30.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 12.30.46 AM.png
    507.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: Square Corners

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
if only there was a stat tab on NHL.com that literally tracked face-off and who plays centre the most!

Oh wait, there is.
We all know his narrative when he trolls our board yet we all get sucked in including me lol. I really think he feels executives in the CHL and NHL read his statements so he can sway their decisions in his favour. Well I hope we can get a season in to watch our slow team

Reactions: Square Corners

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

Another way you can actually fact-check things and prevent yourself looking like someone who doesn't know anything is to ask people who would know.

Like the guy who's runs "On the Future", the Nashville Predators blog for instance.. It took exactly 2 minutes for him to respond and me to fact check that. Feel free to add that to your arsenal going forward.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Turris signs with Edmonton. Does mean Nashville plans on keep Tomassino with squad? Could be impactful.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Turris signs with Edmonton. Does mean Nashville plans on keep Tomassino with squad? Could be impactful.

Turris has been basically off the team since the day they got eliminated. Nashville GM was interviewed yesterday and he said he expects the top line to be the same as last year (Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson) and their 2nd line to be Tolvanen-Duchene-Kunin.

Their GM also said he expects Trenin, Scissons, Jankrok, and Grimaldi to be full time NHLers and the other 2 spots with PK guys who are hard to play against and he named McCarron and Watson by name. So unless Tomasino has an outstanding camp, it doesn’t sound like he’s in their projected roster as of now. But again who knows, could change with a trade.

I’ve also seen several Nashville fans think they might go after a Taylor Hall like player so doesn’t seem like they can decide if they’re going to rebuild or try to win now. They said they wanted to get younger and cheaper and they did both those by buying out Turris and trading Bonino for Kunin

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Good input....thanks

I think Tomasino’s best chance to be in the NHL next year is if there is no OHL season because he can’t play AHL next year. And they obviously wouldn’t want their top prospect not playing anywhere

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Certain posters are going to hate hearing this, but according to the Durham Region covid tracker (https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJr...jOWMyLWQ1NDktNDFiNi05YjFmLTlkYTE5OGRjM2YxNiJ9), the Durham Region as a whole is down to 80 active cases with only 2 hospitalized (1 in Pickering and 1 in Ajax). Oshawa specifically is at 16 active cases with 0 hospitalized

Both very encouraging numbers when considering that Durham Region has a population of around 700,000 people and Oshawa has a population of around 200,000

Reactions: Nerf27

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
havent been on here for a long time but i see people just cant wait for Tomasino to land in the NHL so everyone can laugh at all the picks they sent to get him...i would like an OHL team to win the Memorial Cup every year so hoping he's back personally

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Duchene took 695 face-offs for Nashville last year (won 56.1% of them) in the regular season, taking the 3rd most on the team. He took 177 more face-offs than Kyle Turris in only 4 more games lol. Once again, something that can easily be fact-checked with literally 20 seconds of research but you don't do it and make yourself look bad, again.

Have you even watched a Predators game? He barely played centre with them all season. Wingers take faceoffs all of the time.

Here's a site that tracks their most used line combinations, with Duchene playing centre on exactly 0 of them.

Nashville Predators Line Combinations | Nashville Predators Line Combos | leftwinglock.com

This is even more hilarious because you have tripled down on your original lie. It's not even a matter of opinion. It doesn't really have a huge impact on Tomasino in the first place so I don't know why you insist on spreading misinformation.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Reactions: Generalsupdates

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
That site lists FORWARD 1, FORWARD 2, FORWARD 3. It isn't showing which forward position. Another example would be to look at the Leafs - most popular combo is MATTHEWS, HYMAN, MARNER but I guarantee Hyman isn't playing centre.

It has the centres in the centre in the centre and if you watch the Predators games, Duchene is always on the wing. They have it right.

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
It has the centres in the centre in the centre and if you watch the Predators games, Duchene is always on the wing. They have it right.
Really don’t understand your fixation on this. You finding articles and making statements in no way influences decisions on where Tomasino plays next season. I have also read articles that shows Duchene playing centre more than wing. There I said it so it’s true

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Have you even watched a Predators game? He barely played centre with them all season. Wingers take faceoffs all of the time.

Here's a site that tracks their most used line combinations, with Duchene playing centre on exactly 0 of them.

Nashville Predators Line Combinations | Nashville Predators Line Combos | leftwinglock.com

This is even more hilarious because you have tripled down on your original lie. It's not even a matter of opinion. It doesn't really have a huge impact on Tomasino in the first place so I don't know why you insist on spreading misinformation.

So you’re just going to ignore when I attached the tweet asking the guy who gets paid to watch the Preds for a living and he said he played “almost exclusively centre”????

I’ll attach again lol

and like your fellow Soo fan had to tell you, your link has it listed in order of who gets more TOI, not positions. Matthews plays centre for every single night and it has him listed as a winger based on what you’re saying. If you go to Pittsburgh, it has Crosby listed as a winger in 3/4 of his most used lines then lol. So clearly you aren’t understanding your own example. Classic case of trying to find data to backup your argument rather than reading the data objectively

Last edited:
Reactions: Nerf27

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
That site lists FORWARD 1, FORWARD 2, FORWARD 3. It isn't showing which forward position. Another example would be to look at the Leafs - most popular combo is MATTHEWS, HYMAN, MARNER but I guarantee Hyman isn't playing centre.
Thank you. Someone gets it

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
So you’re just going to ignore when I attached the tweet asking the guy who gets paid to watch the Preds for a living and he said he played “almost exclusively centre”????

I’ll attach again lol

and like you’re fellow Soo fan had to tell you, your link has it listed in order of who gets more TOI, not positions. Matthews plays centre for every single night and it has him listed as a winger based on what you’re saying. If you go to Pittsburgh, it has Crosby listed as a winger in 3/4 of his most used lines then lol. So clearly you aren’t understanding your own example. Classic case of trying to find data to backup your argument rather than reading the data objectively

Tomasino will never be a General and I’m going to make sure if it.... that’s what he is trying to say so listen to him. This will for sure decide who gets the Covid Mem Cup

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
How about being a little positive instead always looking at the glass ALWAYS half empty - just say'n! :popcorn:
Don't get me wrong I want a season but look what's happening now early stages of the second wave, the border is not open, the Q 18 plus players tested positive for covid, OHL no plan for return just return to play dates.
I guess you can dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad