Oshawa Generals 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I don't know what the benefits of a delay tactic is but there is no way there is a season this year, let alone a memorial cup. Which really makes me sad as I wanted to witness a memorial cup in Oshawa but my hope has dwindled down to a mere 1% chance we have a season at this point.
I tend to feel the same way, my only cause for concern is that the WHL and QMJHL seem fairly confident they’re going to get a shortened season in after getting provincial $$ support. I would think Ontario would have to follow and if they did then they potentially could have a 32 game season without fans

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I don't know what the benefits of a delay tactic is but there is no way there is a season this year, let alone a memorial cup. Which really makes me sad as I wanted to witness a memorial cup in Oshawa but my hope has dwindled down to a mere 1% chance we have a season at this point.
Feel for all of the Generals fans out there. Your team has probably been hit the worst and most severe by the pandemic as Oshawa clearly was a team built for a run at the 2021 Memorial Cup. I hate to say it but I’m thinking soon we will hear that the season and the MC has been cancelled with a fall of 2021 return to OHL hockey the focus. I just don’t see how they possibly squeeze anything of consequence in before it’s to late.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Feel for all of the Generals fans out there. Your team has probably been hit the worst and most severe by the pandemic as Oshawa clearly was a team built for a run at the 2021 Memorial Cup. I hate to say it but I’m thinking soon we will hear that the season and the MC has been cancelled with a fall of 2021 return to OHL hockey the focus. I just don’t see how they possibly squeeze anything of consequence in before it’s to late.
But meanwhile, QMJHL starts up again tomorrow. The difference is the Quebec teams got government funding and the OHL hasnt (yet?)

Reactions: Buttsy

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
But meanwhile, QMJHL starts up again tomorrow. The difference is the Quebec teams got government funding and the OHL hasnt (yet?)
SQ I wouldn’t use the QMJHL as an example of what could be? I really think the province of Quebec has struggled with their Covid 19 response. For me I appreciate certainly the money is important but the logistics of running a season safely seems to be a an almost unachievable task. Miss my hockey but must admit this “no fans” televised game completed at the WJC and the NHL levels really doesn’t do much for me.

Whatanathol

Jul 27, 2018
Oshawa
Covid crafts. Needs a little work and proper framing. Couldn't fit all the players in and one misspell sorry Michael!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
John Tavares became the 153rd NHL player all-time (and 7th Gens Alumni) to hit 350 career NHL goals tonight.

List of all-time Gens Alumni goals in the NHL:
15th- Dave Andreychuk (640)
57th- Alex Delvecchio (456)
62nd- Rick Middleton (448)
T86th- Jason Arnott (417)
T89th- John MacLean (413)
T127th- Eric Lindros (372)
153rd- John Tavares (350)

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Brett Harrison scored with 1:01 left in the 3rd to tie the game then scored in the shootout. He has 4 points in 4 games now, plus this shootout goal

Reactions: Whatanathol

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Harrison is home from Finland now awaiting an OHL season. He finished with 9 points (4G/5A) in 7 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->