Oshawa Generals 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Not looking good. Generals just cancelled all season tickets for the year.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Not looking good. Generals just cancelled all season tickets for the year.

Every team has. That has nothing to do with the fate of the season. Even in a best case scenario and a season happens and there's some fans, they'd need to do that because it would be only a portion of the fans so they couldn't give every season ticket holder their normal seats

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
An OHL season is very far from a sure thing but Nashville just signed 2 NHL forwards today in Grandlund and Haula so IF it happens, it’s looking even better than Tomasino would be back.

And in other news Tomasino is the 14th forward for Canada so he’s not dressing tonight... Don’t see how that’s the case

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Slovakia opens the tournament with a 1-0 win as 2.5 goal underdogs

Gens David Mudrak finishes with 17:26 TOI (2nd most of Slovakia Dmen) and 4 shots on goal (most of anyone on their team)

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Tomasino leads the whole tournament in goals and is 2nd in points through 2 games despite having the lowest ice time of any Canadian forward. I have no idea what Tourigny is doing, but he keeps playing Mercer and Tomasino the fewest of all his forwards, despite them being 2 of the 3 best forwards for both games so far

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Tomasino leads the whole tournament in goals and is 2nd in points through 2 games despite having the lowest ice time of any Canadian forward. I have no idea what Tourigny is doing, but he keeps playing Mercer and Tomasino the fewest of all his forwards, despite them being 2 of the 3 best forwards for both games so far

He is tied in goals with 3 other players as well as tied for 2nd in total points with 5. I'm sure his hard work and results will garner more ice time as the more difficult games are played.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
He is tied in goals with 3 other players as well as tied for 2nd in total points with 5. I'm sure his hard work and results will garner more ice time as the more difficult games are played.

Right, so he has the most goals in the tournament and has the 2nd most points.

Tourigny seems to have some weird dislike for him. Led the camp in points and has him as the 14th forward anyways. Then has a great game 1 and was rewarded with the lowest amount of ice time of any Canadian forward in last nights game. Then even after being a top 2 player in the tournament so far for Canada, today in practice they shuffled the top 6 but kept Tomasino on the 4th line

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Oliver Suni making his pro debut in Liiga today. I had talked to him a couple days ago asking when his U20 league was starting up and he said Jan 9 but he was practicing with the pro team hoping to get a sniff at their lineup. Guess he looked good in practice!

Reactions: Whatanathol

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Thinking (far) ahead to when the OHL season resumes, whenever that happens to be...
May I suggest that the sound guy play Black Sabbath's "Thrill of It All" whenever Jesus scores. The lyrics will explain. That's all I got. I'll show myself out...Happy New Year!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Officially confirmed that Nashville could've had Tomasino in camp on the 8th (like Buffalo did with Cozens, ANA did with Zegras) but they chose to fly him on a commercial flight so he has to miss all of training camp while quarantining.

That puts an end to the "Nashville wants Tomasino in their opening day lineup" talks. Clearly they see him as a guy who is going to be taxi squad and maybe even down to the AHL until a potential CHL season is announced.

Tomasino back to the OHL looks very likely now. We just need an OHL season...

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Tomasino not on Nashville's opening roster or their taxi squad, he's been sent to the AHL (which he could only play in until a CHL season starts). AHL also doesn't start until February

Weird situation. Every interview this off-season Poile (NSH GM) says Phil will be given an opportunity to make the team opening night, then flies him commercial instead of a private jet so he doesn't even get to take part in camp at all because he needed to quarantine, and now doesn't put him on taxi squad so he'll be practicing with non-NHLers for almost a full month until the AHL starts, instead of practicing with NHLers and potentially earning a spot in the lineup

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Brett Harrison going over to the Finland U20 league until a potential OHL season starts up

Last edited:

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I don't know what the benefits of a delay tactic is but there is no way there is a season this year, let alone a memorial cup. Which really makes me sad as I wanted to witness a memorial cup in Oshawa but my hope has dwindled down to a mere 1% chance we have a season at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->